“Avoid at all cost”

Ranked #30 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Sterling Heights
“Avoid at all cost”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Terrible hotel. Expected a better place for the price. Room wasn't great, elevator and halls smelled and floors where stained and curling up. I don't usually write reviews but felt it was needed. Hopefully it will help others avoid this place.

• Stayed August 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Greenbrier Circle, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that your room and the condition of our hotel did not meet your expectations. In response to your feedback, I am working with our housekeeping and maintenance staff to improve our public areas as well as the guest rooms.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at cgc@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.”

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

I booked te reservation on Thursday and I called back to get the confirmations number.I informed them that my boyfriend would be there pretty late since He is coming from a distance.We got there and they had no room for him,but he had his reservation and confirmation number .The night lady was just no help she had no rooms but she barely tried.Im so disappointed and this experience just upsets me

Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Motane
Dublin, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

We came to help a family that is in the armed services, and at last minute. Everyone was so helpful, gave us a great deal and the room was very good.
,Thank you staff We came to help a family that is in the armed services, and at last minute,Thank you staff We came to help a family that is in the armed services, and at last minute. We came to help a family that is in the armed services, and at last minute
,Thank you staff We came to help a family that is in the armed services, and at last minute,Thank you staff thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you

Room Tip: if you need room ask for a suite
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I arrived for check in and we went to our room and it had not been cleaned. We went back to the front desk they apologized and gave us another room. This room had hair all over the bed sheets and the toilet on the floor. We then went back downstairs. Where the manager decided to take us around to different rooms to see if they were ready. She showed us seven rooms. When we viewed each room, they had either a bad smell or had not been cleaned. the rooms that were cleaned had hair on the sheets. The housekeeping personnel was not changing the sheets just making the beds. thats just gross. i would not recommend anyone to stay here. We got our money back and left.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Tara35l
Suitland, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

initially i ordered a king size bed. upon arrival on double beds were available. not really happy with this . i should get what i reservered. all else was great with the room. only wish there were more than a treadmill and bike in the exercise room. detergent and scrubby should be provided or offered for sale at service desk.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank monica j
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

plus a 15 cubic foot fridge, and a small kitchen sink are included in the standard room. Grab & go breakfast items of muffins, granola bars, and fruit are available from 6 to 9:30 in the mornings. Or make a bowl of instant oatmeal and heat your coffee in the room's microwave while watching the large screen LG television.

I saved $40 over three nights booking this facility using one of Hotwire's secret deal. I was dreading getting two star places that were slammed. My fly was delayed until a midnight arrival but Extended Stay allowed my almost age 21 child check in earlier and gave us twin beds as requested directly. There's no way on Hotwire to specify sleeping arrangements otherwise.

Room Tip: As usual though, the rooms in the back face the highway but it's not bad at all.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CafeConCarlos
Columbia, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Me and my family drove from SC and stayed at this hotel and it was the worst experience thus far. We have stayed here several times before and never had any problems. This particular time I made a reservation for the weekend but accidentally put the day before and had to pay for that night which we did not stay there until the following night so I asked the manger could she accommodate me in some way because I made a mistake and we still stayed there for the weekend I just asked for a little help. The manger told me there was nothing she could do. So we check into our room which was suppose to be non smoking and we could smell smoke the entire time. Then the heater was broken so in the middle of our stay we had to change rooms. The second room behind the beds and tables was dirty. I will not recommend this place to nobody ever and I will not be staying here ever again!!!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Valerie B
Travelers also viewed these Chesapeake hotels
Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Crossways Blvd.
Wingate by Wyndham Chesapeake
Red Roof Inn Chesapeake Conference Center
Staybridge Suites Chesapeake
Staybridge Suites Chesapeake
#18 of 42 in Chesapeake

Been to Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Greenbrier Circle? Share your experiences!