“truly a home away from home” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Greenbrier Circle

Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Greenbrier Circle
Ranked #30 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
New York City, New York
“truly a home away from home”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2012

When I first arrived, there was a mix-up with my reservation through the site in which I had booked it. The night concierge was very pleasant and patient in helping me figure out the situation. Once everything was settled I went to my room on the second floor and was very pleased with the size of the room, condition of the room and most importantly the fully equipped kitchen. Now I can't speak for everyone but I travel alot and sometimes I really have a craving for a specific food where restaurants and take-out just wont hit the spot so to have the ability to prepare some dishes was a major plus for me.

The day time concierge was just as helpful and courteous, Robert I think. It was coveniently located close enough to the highway to get to and from O.D.U campus in Norfolk but far enough for me not to be bothered by highway noise.

It's close to many restaurants and a mall (I do prefer to shop a McArthur's though :-))

As I said it was a great and comfortable stay even though the t.v set was a bit dated but who needs a plasma when there are so many other great things to go outside and do with great people.

I most certainly plan to stay there again on my next trip to VA in late April!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Greenbrier Circle, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Chesapeake - Greenbrier Circle. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2011

This place is absolutely ok if you're there for business, price vs service is good - especially when you travel with your dog. Rooms are clean, flat screen TV, small kitchen with stove/microwave/fridge. All ok.

The things I didn't like:
- Terrible lights, not bright enough
- Internet Speed is far away from HighSpeed... practically impossible to work, might be ok if you're 80 and patient while waiting for your web page / email to load
- Had to tell them to empty trash & clean the room

I would stay again if I travel with my dog, but otherwise I guess I would choose the Wingate next door... which can be offering similar prices.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side which faces the Wingate - they have faster Internet ;-)
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank chrisd7
concord nc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2009

We called at the last minute needing a room in a couple hours - by 10:00 am. Michelle (manager) went above and beyond to make sure we had a room ready and could accommodate our needs. Michelle asked everytime we went by the service desk if we needed anything or if she could be of any help. The room was clean and comfortable with plenty of towels. I liked the magnetic sticker for the door saying 'pet inside'. We also enjoyed having the mini kitchen.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2008

I only stayed one night. I had problems at the one on Crossways Blvd. and thank God had contact with Corporate Extended Stay so they moved me to this one. Room was very clean and lots of space. It's a little more expensive but definately worth it for the room. Didn't deal with staff at all check in was handled at the corporate level but all I had to do was tell them my name and my key was ready to go. So I can't really comment on the staff, except to say the people in the higher management of Extended Stay really want to make you happy. Overall great night!

• Liked — very clean and large rooms
  • Disliked — no complaints
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2006

The girl in the morning was sweet and somewhat professional. Very nice. The other members of the staff act like kids and seem to have no regard for professionalism. I've never seen behavior like this at a hotel before. They didn't present a professional image. They didn't speak in a professional manner. They were terrible over the phone and put me on hold for quite a while when I think they really just didn't want to deal with me needing directions. Their directions consisted of things like do you see a Wendy's and other landmarks. They didn't know street names and distances. They chatted and had fun at the front desk while I waited for them to decide to start helping me. They told me there was no food available at 11:30 pm. The next day I saw they had a snack machine, but they failed to mention that and I went to sleep hungry. If you want an iron and ironing board you have to go downstairs and leave a deposit. On a good note, you get free high speed internet and a kitchen and fridge - if you have any food to store and cook I guess it's a plus. Dingy lights.

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Chesapeake hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2005

My family has just returned from a weekend stay at the Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Chesapeake-Greenbrier. The hotel manager and staff were terrible and we have never experienced such horrible service before. It all started when we went to make our reservations and was quoted the wrong rate by front desk personnel, Elaine. When we arrived, the so-called hotel manager, Chantel was trying to change the rates again. She had a very nasty attitude and wasn't pleasant at all. I feel that being a manager, you are supposed to treat your guests with respect. While standing there going back and forth with Chantel, another guest came down complaining about towels. The guest stated that they hadn't received clean towels since they checked in. If you are looking for a nice place to stay while on vacation, this is definitely not the place. We would rather spend more money than to get treated the way we did this holiday weekend.

Stayed July 2005