“Amazing people”

Holiday Inn Express Chesapeake
Ranked #21 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Reviewed May 16, 2014

On the surface its like every other Holiday Inn Express. If you like HI Express you will like it here. What actually blew me away was the staff. They are fun, energetic, lively, friendly and engaging. It was like they knew me personally and I only stayed 2 nights.

Room Tip: Pick a suite. It was only $10 more and very big and comfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Chesapeake

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Had to attend my aunt's funeral in VA so my cousin recommended this hotel. It was very nice and right off a main strip that had lots of stores and restaurants and Wal-Mart not too far away. Free breakfast was very good. You could make your own pancakes if you wanted to. They had something for everyone.

I had a king suite on the first floor. Very nice and spacious too. I liked that they offered soft or firm pillows on the bed. Very nice. I used the fitness room both days I was there. Staff was very friendly also.

Hot tub was out of order so I was comped some IHG points since I'm a member and my nephew got refunded $20 off his room for the inconvenience.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I'm glad I didn't read the reviews before I stayed because I might not have stayed here. As soon as I walked in Monica, the assistant general manager, greeted me in the happiest, most amazingly cheerful attitude I have ever seen from someone at a front desk. She immediately acknowledged that I was a gold member and thanked me for being loyal. Such a nice touch. I was only staying here for one night to complete the big win promo and had come from the sister hotel of Candlewood Suites Chesapeake. As nice and courteous as Tiffany was over there she didn't acknowledge my gold status. Not a big deal however I know that's one of the questions on the proprietary questionnaire. After going to my room and later that night reading the reviews, apparently the HIE was renovated because I mentioned to my sister that the building looked new. There was no hot water problem, in fact not a single problem at all. I usually prefer Candlewood suites because of the kitchenette however this was one of the best Holiday Inns I've stayed at in years. Monica is a tremendous asset to the property and her politeness, attention to details, and such a cheerful demeanor is quite unique. Hopefully the general manager notices this and uses her skills to the hotel's benefit.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 13, 2014

We were very impressed with the friendly, polite, helpful staff. Everyone we encountered was great! They offered advice on the area, they took care of a few small problems in a very timely manner, and they always had smiles on their faces! We really enjoyed our stay! Thank you!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank SChetoni
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We scheduled a "romantic evening" after the holidays to allow ourselves the opportunity to relax and recuperate. We chose the King sized room with the Jacuzzi. Cosmetically the room was very well decorated and clean. We settled in and my wife decided to take a shower. Minutes into her shower, the water had not warmed up to a comfortable temperature. To be frank, it was still cold. We allowed the water to run even longer and nothing...still cold. Mind you, my wife is midway through her shower. I called the front desk to inform them of the issue. The young lady at the front desk was very apologetic and comforting. She offered a number of solutions. Eventually, we agreed that using the shower in another room would suffice for the evening. Mainly because my wife wanted to remain in the room with the Jacuzzi. Alexis also discounted the room citing the inconvenience. She even checked on us to ensure that everything was ok. In a situation where she could have easily dismissed us and our concerns, she went above and beyond "good" customer service to ensure our needs were met. Even her manager Dru, the following morning continued with this precedence. He followed up with us and was very helpful as well. I will definitely return to this site my next time in the area. Kudos to Alexis and Dru.

A.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 007AH
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel for business trips since about 2008. I have always enjoyed the friendly staff and quaint atmosphere. The rooms are clean and I love the complimentary breakfast. The Front Desk Concierge Dru is extremely courteous, attentive, and professional. I would highly recommend this location to anyone traveling for business or personal affairs.
- T. Brown

Room Tip: Just tell the concierge what you are looking for and you will be obliged
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tony B
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I visit this hotel on a bi-weekly basis for business purposes. The hotel is convenient for my work and travel needs. I have always received a warm welcome upon entry making me feel like it is my home away from home. The staff is courteous, warm and friendly. The rooms are clean and the breakfasts are great for on the run. The manager seems to be always present and has a quick smile and hello as well as the staff. With various other hotels in the area, as a platinum member with IHG I give it a two thumbs up!!
Thanks for all you do!

Room Tip: Rooms 208 and 308 are the king suites and quite spacious.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business