“Great restaurant and terrific team serving us”

Pirate's Cove Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 500 Restaurants in Chesapeake
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Castro Valley, California, United States
“Great restaurant and terrific team serving us”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We recently had a "get to know each others' families" event at Pirate's Cove around our son's wedding. Stephanie was terrific in working with us to arrange the event. Then the food and service were outstanding. Something for everyone - not easy with 25 people. Great job!

• Visited December 2012

Chesapeake, Virginia
“Excellent”
Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Great seafood and sandwich menu. Appetizers are good also, especially the hush puppies. Cozy atmosphere, friendly staff and very reasonable pricing.

Norfolk, Virginia
“Blackbeard would love it here!”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

This was my first visit to Pirate’s Cove, which is hidden in the corner of a small shopping center. A ‘special’ is offered each day of the week, and on this day, Sunday, was a the fish fry special. The salad was large, with romaine lettuce, tomato wedges, cucumber, carrot slivers and I chose the pepper parmesan dressing. The dinner plate was loaded with large filets of fried Alaskan Pollock , piping hot and golden brown along with 3 hush puppies. I also had black beans. Everything was delicious … everything! The cost for this special was $13.99 before taxes.

The hostess and the waitress were both exceptionally cordial, and the waitress quite helpful. After finishing my meal, I thought of dessert, but I was stuffed. When I asked the waitress about a dessert to go, she told me they had great desserts but most patrons were too full to eat them … and I can see why. She recommended the Pumpkin Cheesecake, and while reluctant, I trusted her advice. Later, at home, I thoroughly enjoyed one great piece of cheesecake. It was something special.

Pirate’s Cove is more like a sports bar, but with Pirate artifacts on the wall and a 5-foot statue of a pirate as you enter. I enjoyed the décor and watched some of a football game on one of several TVs. It’s the kind of place that Blackbeard would probably enjoy. I know it works for me.

• Visited November 2012
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Always a great meal”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We eat here often. Every meal has been excellent.
The crab cakes are wonderful. Portions are substantial without being overwhelming.
Seafood dishes are tasty. Patty melt special is a good change when seafood is not what you want.
Service is quick and efficient.
Reliably good food.

• Visited November 2012
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Awesome Flounder HUGE portions!”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Ordered the flounder and scallops, everything was perfectly cooked. The portions were so big I couldn't finish my meal both of the times we have eaten there. Hush puppies are awesome also!

Visited November 2012