“Awesome Flounder HUGE portions!”

Pirate's Cove Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 510 Restaurants in Chesapeake
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Ordered the flounder and scallops, everything was perfectly cooked. The portions were so big I couldn't finish my meal both of the times we have eaten there. Hush puppies are awesome also!

Reviewed November 2, 2012

This restaurant serves truly great seafood -- not fussy, just honest, fresh food. We had striped bass stuffed with crabmeat. There was no filler, no sauces to hide the flavors, just a beautifully cooked fish with huge chunks of fresh lump crabmeat on top. The sides were also delicious, but the fish and crab was truly the focus of our attention. This place is a hidden gem!!

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Two of my friends and I went for an early dinner and loved it. The service was excellent, thanks to our waitress Amber. We each ordered the "build your own" which you could get fried or broiled for $23.99. The fried came with your choice (of two) flounder, clams, jumbo lump crab cake, oysters, scallops, shrimp or pollock. The broiled came with your choice (of two) crab cake, scallops, shrimp or flounder. One of us ordered the fried plate with scallops and crab cake and said it was delicious. The other ordered the broiled plate with shrimp and crab cake and was very thrilled with it. I ordered the broiled plate with scallops and crab cake and thought it was very good except that I thought it could have used a little more broiling. The dishes came with two sides of your choice. We ordered the mac and cheese, which was home made and quite good. The cole slaw was great, as was the spinach. The orders included delicious hush puppies! We also ordered the crab dip as an appetizer. I didn't really like it as it was too creamy for me. The others loved it.

The restaurant was very clean and you could see the kitchen from where we sat. It looked to be very well organized. The bar area was full of regular patrons and the music was piped in, at the perfect level. We didn't have to shout to have a conversation.

I would go back again for sure.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

This is the best family restaurant we've been to in a LONG time From start to finish. They were extremely accommodating. I heard about this restaurant from a friend from Facebook. The food was outstanding!!!!! Friendly atmosphere. I felt so relaxed there. I always fear that my 6 year old will get dirty looks from the employees because he has a lot of "energy". But they were patient. THANK YOU. I defiantly will go back. Best in Hampton roads if you as me :)

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Me and a coworker ordered lunch to be picked up during our 30 min lunch. After picking up the lunch and returned back to work , we noticed there were no french fries w our lunch. Our lunch order was a crab cake sandwich and po boy sandwich. When we called back to complain they said they would give us the fires if we drove back up, well we didnt have the time to go back up, he said we could come back tomorrow and get the fries. Well we dont wanna come back there, we want our meals replaced like they sould be. After back and forth the the "OWNER" he said if we came back the next day we could get something for half price. We are not giving them another dime...they have lost our business....

3  Thank pamela376