“Where's a GM when needed? Bring a fan with.”
Review of Kelly's Tavern - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Kelly's Tavern
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Again, the A/C is out for days, internal temp in bar/pool rooms at 89 and that was when cooling off according to some patrons. Not the first time and most recently a week or so ago. The story goes that a patron -- not an employee or repairman, but a patron -- climbed onto the roof to temporarily fix the problem. Repeatedly this place lacks senior leadership at the company level. Seems that corp wants this place to fail. Locals say they've never seen the GM, and one would think that he'd be all over the A/C problem. Apparently they've run out of some tap beers as well. Poorly mannered and inattentive wait staff, bathrooms stink and are dirty, and sweating hot -- there are many other and better choices close-by.

Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

I stopped by for dinner while traveling for work. The previous reviews weren't the greatest, but it was close and looked interesting. I ordered the Steak Cobb Salad and it wasn't bad, but not real memorable either. The steak was in pretty large chunks (I prefer thinly sliced on a salad) and it was good size. The male server was friendly and checked on me. He made good eye contact and smiled. The atmosphere was interesting, but the smell was quite a turn off. Being a former smoker I understand, but the place reeked of smoke. It wasn't just someone smoking at that moment, it was long term smell. Even for a former smoker, this is quite a turn off. The music playing in the dining room was different than that in the bar area and also different than that in the kitchen. It was actually kind of annoying. The place was almost empty (should have been a sign), yet it took a bit to get my salad. Overall, I wouldn't give it more than an average rating and not a place that is a must during your visit.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

My wife and I went here last year and we thought it was OK. This year we were very dissapointedfor a couple of reasons. One, when we walked in there was no one there to show us to a seat - we waited over 5 minutes for someone to show up and give us a seat . (I should add that the place was almost empty at the time) I ordered the crabcake sandwich and it was overdone and dry - one of the worst I've had. My wife had chicken quesadillas and said they were ok, not great. We had to ask for silverware after the food was dropped off and the waitress left. The draft beer selection was poor unless you are a "Bud" person. Me, I prefer a good craft beer (local if possible). We will not go back.

1  Thank CTLYankee
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We ate here over Memorial Day weekend. Both had salads which were very good.

Reviewed May 6, 2012

The best hamburgers around. Huge portions and great drinks. Service is excellent and atmosphere is perfect along with the price.