“Unprofessional”

Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I attended a graduation party,we walked in and was ignored not greeted or seated,so we found our way to the party area. Before i could sit down and get my hello's out a rude waitress(dressed up like a clown in the face) jumps in my space asking me my name what i want to drink. I was not greeted or given a menu to look at til later. Then the waitress was given instruction on the children (about 8 children were pointed out to her)on their drinks and food,but she still asked my daughter what she wanted to drink i explained to her again she is covered under what the graduates mother ordered for the children. The waitress whom never introduced herself kept hounding me about ordering as she did everyone else. When i asked her questions about the menus she seemed like she wasnt even paying attention as i ordered i pointed to what i wanted. My food came about 30mins later,which was ok. We were ready to leave I asked for my receipt she gave it to me and rushed away i noticed a wrong higher priced item on my receipt. I spoke to one waitress and she understood but the waitress that took the order was a wreck she came back going off saying we ordered that and she's not changing it. Another waitress came in and talked to us and suggested we talk to a manager cause she seen her coworker going off saying that she wasnt going to change it. Manager come in talks with us leaves and come back with another man who immediately blows off the handle saying im the owner and thats what we ordered his staff are good and we gonna pay it called us you people trying to skip out on paying and how last week he had the same thing happen with someone else, of course this being my first and of course last visit i didnt know what he was talking about also the waitress says you people crazy. (We are black americans) so the you people was offensive, the owner threatens to call the police we were waiting they never showed up being children of GOD we were going on as im leaving i give another waitress my card to pay for my food a lady asked the owner if we were leaving he says yes they need to just go now so i get my card back he steps in my face and goes to grab my card my husband addresses him (mind you im pregnant third trimester and this owner all in my face stressing me out .I proceed to pay and The reciept says open grat. As i requested to not pay the grat. The owner would not take it off and charged my card anyway. This was the WORST PLACE ON EARTH to dine. The way they kept saying you people was very offensive and u know yes racist...To add to my experience she made the same mistake with 3 other family members reciepts. Just shows i was right she was not attentive and very unprofesional....

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We were greeted when we arrived after that everything went down hill. We sat for 10 mins before someone took our drink order. After someone took our drink order I asked to be seated in a different location in the restaurant because there were children running around our table. I didn't want our children to think that was appropriate behavior in a restaurant! After we moved to a new table it took another 10 mins for someone else to come take our food order! We eventually got our food, but the toasted my daughters hoagie when we wanted a cold sub. After she got the right hoagie she took a bite and found a circle piece of plastic. We asked to speak to the manager she took her food off our bill. Just not a welcoming environment.

1  Thank Jennifer W
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Ate here twice. Pizza was great, sub was good too, but the fried cheesecake was AWESOME. Step in and grab a bite.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

Me and my husband stopped by Zino's on our recent short visit to Chesapeake and I have to say I was quite pleased with out lunch. Salad bar was plenty and very fresh, the menu has lots of choices and the food we orders was delicious, but besides that the service was prompt and very friendly.

I would definitely recommend this place to anybody that it's looking for a nice and tasty place to eat and looking forward to go back when we return!

Reviewed April 19, 2012

We've ordered takeout from Zinos soon as we got married and I think their Italian Sausage is the best in the area. We don't frequent the dining area that often (its just too easy to take it home when you live 5 minutes away), but one time going there with family I was shocked when a cousin actually ordered a hamburger! His burger looked good, but I was still skeptical until the next time I tried one and wow, I was blown away.

Now we end up ordering (and splitting) a burger from them as often as we order their pizza.

I've also ordered a tray of meatballs in marinara sauce for a birthday party and they were a massive hit! You'll need a knife and fork because they're huge, I ended up freezing two bags of them and adding them to sauce and making subs with them.