“Not great, but okay”
Review of Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon - CLOSED

Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We were seated quickly, staff was friendly and the service was good. Food was oddly unseasoned, very plain tasting. We were visiting the area and I'd try a few other steakhouses before I'd go back to this one.

There are newer reviews for Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon

Reviewed September 23, 2012

This place is very convenient to the mass of hotels on Crossways Blvd. The staff is also very friendly which is why I gave Lone Star a second chance on this visit. I was disappointed in the quality of the food on my first visit a month ago but decided to try them one more time.
I ordered the Filet Mignon and grilled shrimp. The shrimp was delicious but the filet was tough, in fact I initially thought they had given me a small sirloin with a strip of bacon wrapped around it. Looking at Wikipedia I found this - "...In fact, the shape of the true filet mignon can be a hindrance when cooking, so most restaurants sell steaks from the wider end of the tenderloin - it is both cheaper and much more presentable." So while I got a tenderloin cut it was not what I think of when I think of Filet Mignon.

Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

Aa we entered the restaurant (sep2 2012 around 3pm) the hostess informed us there would be a 30 minute wait. I was flabergasted and seeing that all the tables were empty, asked her why the wait? She simply stated " not enough help". My wife was agitated to a point where we were going to leave but decided to stick it out. After being seated 15 minutes later, going foreward the waiter was very hospitable and he checked on us regularly. We told him about our frustration waiting upfront and he was quite understanding. Food was good except for the flies that kept buzzing around our plates.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

This was a nice place. My boyfriend and I sat a the bar. We used to have a Lonestar where we live but they closed it for whatever reason. So it was nice to go there again.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Had the grilled sirloin and shrimp on skewers...very tasty.
Looking at the bar though, it was kind of concerning...not a whole lot of selections of beers and hard stuff.
Staff was very nice though.