“birthday dinner”

Cuisines: French, Japanese
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 17, 2016

My girlfriend treated me for my birthday dinner, and this was the best choice! We both chose the Chirashi (Sashimi over sushi rice) and it was wonderful. As a specialty, we also had the sea urchin sushi. Green tea topped off the meal and they brought out dessert for my birthday. Excellent service, easy location for access. Just a wonderful restaurant all in all.

Date of visit: September 2016

Reviewed September 21, 2016

I have passed this Japanese "bistro" five days a week for the last six years and never once stopped. After all, how authentic can the food be at a restaurant that has both a Japanese and European name?

Well it can be very authentic. After visiting several ramen shops in California last summer I decided today to start looking for one near my job here in Virginia. Daikichi's name came up--right near my office.

What we liked:

1. We were greeted properly and seated without much of a wait--it was lunch on a weekday after all.
2. Friendly, courteous staff. Our waitress, EJ, was helpful and smiling--she makes a great ambassador. Even the waitress' assistant made sure that we had everything we needed.
3. Rich pork ramen broth, succulent pork, crispy vegetables--perfect bowl of ramen. See photo.
4. Delightful seaweed salad presented artfully.
5. Light, crispy tempura.
6. Noodles neither over- or underdone.
7. Not too noisy in the dining room; everything clean. I didn't visit the restrooms but based on the care that staff had given to the appearance of the dining room, I wager that the restrooms would be fine.
8. Reasonable prices.
9. Plenty of free parking.

What we didn't like:

1. We waited a tiny bit longer than we would have liked for a weekday lunch. We were seated at 12:02, had our appetizers, and were still waiting for the main courses at 12:31. They came a few minutes after this, but for a work day, that meant a rush back to my desk. However, I'm not taking away a star from this review for the slight delay. The overall experience was very good; Americans tend to rush through their meals anyway.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed September 17, 2016

A local took us to this restaurant in the corner of a strip mall. She was raving about it, but it didn't look like much from the outside. Once you get inside, you realize that they've got something special going. The food is fantastic! It's definitely worth the stop if you are in the area. Order their fresh wasabi while you're at it.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed August 22, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I LOVE sushi. We wanted to try a new place. Daikichi came highly recommended so we went for it. It opens at 5pm on Saturday, promptly. We were the 2nd party in. The atmosphere is intimate and authentic. We ordered a LOT of food. Our favorite item was the appetizer of fresh tuna with berry sauce. Wow. It tasted like the most tender filet mignon you've ever had. The chicken skewer with chicken meatball was also fantastic. We loved all the sushi (we tried at least 6 different rolls) except the one with egg....not anything we'd want again, but surely that's a matter of taste.

Food and service...impeccable. We will return.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed March 15, 2016

I have eaten here or gotten take out many times. The quality is consistently high and the service is always friendly.

Highly recommend.