“Great concept, good food, dirty dining room”
Review of Lemongrass Grille

Lemongrass Grille
Ranked #72 of 504 Restaurants in Chesapeake
Cuisines: American, Asian
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Lemongrass Grille is the vision of Robert Brennan and sister Jackie Ivester. Robert and Jackie, formerly of Brennan's Bistro of Wayside, have long loved the cuisine of SEAsia for its bold ingredients, flavors and provincial cooking methods. Robert and Jackie feel that, among all ethnic cuisines, Progressive Asian best lends itself tominimal processing and maximum flavor.With our wide open kitchen, Lemongrass offers an "open-air" approach to our restaurant. We invite our guests to see what's cooking and how we're cooking it! Our menu is all natural, everything, all the time and utilizes local organic ingredients whenever possible. Our food is GMO, CAFO & antibiotic free.
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I am always looking for something fresh, healthy and flavorful, so I was excited to try this! The wide variety of vegetable choices (I watched fresh cantaloupe being sliced and fresh broccoli being sautéed in the kitchen) and interesting sauces were a hit. However the dining room was really dirty, with dribbles of something dried on the walls, sticky tabletops, crusty bits of food dried on the condiment counter and a filthy soda machine. Unappetizing to say the least! Management needs to put as much care into upkeep of the premises as they do into the preparation of the food

There are newer reviews for Lemongrass Grille

Reviewed March 15, 2013

This has honestly been my favorite restaurant since I moved to the area months ago. The staff are so friendly and the food is amazing. I love that its vegetarian friendly and has so many vast options. I took my parents, both of which raved over the food as well. Its hard to find a place that can accommodate vegetarians and non vegetarians. To to it off the food is very filling and at a reasonable price.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

This place is absolutely wonderful! First off it has three/four important things that begin with the letter "F":

1. Fresh Food (organic and/or natural)
2. Family Friendly (and Family Owned)
3. Fast (it's easy to order and is Chipotle Style in ordering what you want up front)

The food is fabulous, the staff and owner's were VERY helpful and made sure we were pleased with what we were served, the place is beautifully setup (decor and open space), it was really clean and smelled clean as well (which is a always nice to have the two go hand and hand, lol), and the whole family LOVED all four meals we ordered (we ate family style)!

My favorite was jasmine rice with a peanut garlic sauce with pulled beef and fresh whole green beans (you can order whatever veggies you'd like to go in your meal)! The kids loved the noodles and rice dishes with the pineapple chutney sauce...but really it was all a "good eats" for sure! When your whole family loves it, you know you've found a winner! I hope this place sticks around, because we NEED more places like this that actually care about serving/providing food that is both good and good for us (the perfect combination!!!)

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Walk up to the counter and BEGIN! Pick your foundation (rice, noodles, a wrap or salad, all have fancy delicious sounding adjectives) and add protein - pork, beef tofu or chicken, veggies, sauce, and finishing touches of the likes of roasted garlic, candied ginger, seaweed salad, chopped peanuts. Vegetable du jour was butternut squash - wish it was on the menu at all times.

Check out website for a list of all the great ingredients - www.lemongrassgrille.com

Added a bowl of soup - peanut and coconut soup while husband added curried wontons. I ended up adding the soup to my yummy bowl of beef, noodles, tons of steamed veggies, etc... because I felt the soup too rich to eat alone. Wontons were good but not enough curry for my taste.

For the price of a 'combo' at a fast food restaurant, go here instead - healthier and much more flavorful. We'll be back to try our own different 'combos'.

Beautiful bright colors and modern decor.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

My friend and were very impressed with the amount of fresh,home made , and organic items this place has... We are going to be regulars...... They give you a lot of food....and the service was great....very accommodating with suggestions......all of the morsels were scrumptious......my mouth is watering all over again......vegans and meat eaters will be happy.......we just need one in Norfolk........enjoy!