“Mine was good. Husband a little disappointed.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Lemongrass Grille

Lemongrass Grille
Ranked #57 of 498 Restaurants in Chesapeake
Cuisines: Asian, American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Lemongrass Grille is the vision of Robert Brennan and sister Jackie Ivester. Robert and Jackie, formerly of Brennan's Bistro of Wayside, have long loved the cuisine of SEAsia for its bold ingredients, flavors and provincial cooking methods. Robert and Jackie feel that, among all ethnic cuisines, Progressive Asian best lends itself tominimal processing and maximum flavor.With our wide open kitchen, Lemongrass offers an "open-air" approach to our restaurant. We invite our guests to see what's cooking and how we're cooking it! Our menu is all natural, everything, all the time and utilizes local organic ingredients whenever possible. Our food is GMO, CAFO & antibiotic free.
Virginia
“Mine was good. Husband a little disappointed.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

We were a party of 4+, using a group-on coupon. My choice was very tasty and the vegans in the group appreciated the good selection which is sometimes difficult when eating with non-vegans. My husband and I both had the chicken bowl. His chicken portion was very skimpy, compared to mine. He is not the type to complain or take it back, but he did eat another meal after returning home. Also the 3 bucks charged for a half of cup of noodles (less than a quarter of a bowl) for the one year old seemed excessive.

• Visited January 2013

Newport News, Virginia
“healthier lunch option but nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

I went here because I bought a LivingSocial coupon which was a great deal. The staff was incredibly friendly and the food was fresh, however, I'm not sure that anything goes with anything else. This is not an upscale asian fusion restaurant. This is a place that you go for lunch and want to get something healthier than a burger and fries. There are many combinations you can get, the beef was nasty, i would recommend the chicken on rice or salad, the asian noodles were nothing to write home about. I went for all the veggies and added two sauces, but even the so called spicey red pepper sauce lacked flavor. My boyfriend called it a "garbage bowl" he didn't think any of the flavors went together or even make sense for an asian bowl. I would go back if I were shopping in the area and wanted a filling, healthier lunch option.

• Visited January 2013
Chesapeake, Virginia
“OK, but a bit confusing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

The concept of Lemongrass Grill is unique...a "you-build-your-own" Asian style wrap, rice or noodle bowl. The trick is do you know what spices, vegetables, and sauces go together well? When I asked one of the preparers for suggestions, they didn't seem very informed about the nuances that differentiate Thai vs. Chinese cuisine. While some in my party enjoyed their meal, some of us felt it a bit average. The fried curried wontons were good, and the staff was friendly.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Fresh, Organic, and Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

This restaurant is truly a gem. I found the decor to be a perfect fit for the overall organic, clean feel of the restaurant. You could smell the amazing food the minute you walked in the door, and let me assure you, it tastes even better!
Highly recommend the spiced pork, it is the perfect amount of flavor and allows for endless possibilities when it comes to garnishes. I opted for all of the vegetables, and the incredible chutney, with curry on the side. They were accommodating, friendly, and helped me pick the best dish possible.
Jackie and Robert are wonderful, and their vision is truly clear with this place. I have recommended this restaurant to friends and colleagues alike, so that this can become their favorite lunch spot, too!

Chesapeake, Virginia
“Wonderful new restaurant!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

I live in the area, and am always excited when a new restaurant opens, especially one that is not part of a chain. This one is a fantastic addition to the neighborhood offerings. The food is fresh, the flavors are excellent, and the prices are very reasonable. Although the menu offers a large variety of choices, the friendly staff is there to offer suggestions (and samples) if you are unsure of what to get. They have a fantastic red curry sauce, which is my favorite, and about 6 other sauces, so there is one for every taste. I have taken friends, co-workers, and my family. Everyone has loved it. Even my picky 5 year old has been able to find something he likes.