“Very Nice”

Geisha Japanese Steak House.
Ranked #109 of 506 Restaurants in Chesapeake
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 19, 2013

This was a very nice restruant. The chefs where enteraining and the food was very good. They kept our table clear and our drinks full. A very nice time.

There are newer reviews for Geisha Japanese Steak House.

Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

The sushi bar is very good And seldom crowded. The fish is fresh and the servers speak English well enough. I cannot comment on steakhouse.

1  Thank ORFdoc
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I went here because of all the reviews ...over Kyoto where I have been before ... mistake. - waitstaff okay -she hung out in front of the stove so it was hard to ask her questions when I was far away from her - I shouldn't have to yell across a table - go to each person individually - - our chef was blah. no fire... didn't really seem involved - maybe he was having a bad day - - I think their Groupon should have more expensive options - if you go with 6 people, only one person can use the Groupon - not really much of a deal then - food was tasty - well prepared -she had to take my phone to authorize the Groupon - not good - she went away for quite awhile before returning with it.... just not ideal to me. I'd rather have walked with her - Don't think I'll go again.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My daughter (7) and son (9) choose to go here for dinner for EVERY birthday. Usually, though the show gets a bit redundant, it's a great experience. The dinner we had the other night was the exception. The food was great but the chef had absolutely no personality. He didn't even talk. None of the usual corny jokes were even present. Surprisingly....we missed them! My daughter (her birthday) even noticed. Furthermore, in an attempt to pack more people around an already-crowded bar area, my husband wound up sitting at one of those make-shift, hinged bar areas. If there was a show to see, he couldn't have seen it anyway, from literally BEHIND the chef. We will NOT be going here again. With several other Japanese Steakhouses to choose from in the area, we will be taking our business elsewhere when my son's birthday rolls around this year.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Typical start to a hibachi steakhouse dinner. First the soup, then the salad then the same corny jokes and wait don't forget the onion volcano. Seriously folks, please come up with some different lines than shaking salt over fire and calling it Japanese fireworks. Another thing that irriatated me last night was across the room the other chef was drinking beer and one of his jokes was Tsunami. In my opinion that was a major fail especially with all of the death surrounding the Tsunami that hit Japan. I'll get off my soap box now. Soup was great, salads were frozen and bitter, the veggies and meat were delicious and all and all my family enjoyed this mediocre attempt of comedy and food prepartion.
Geisha, take a look at the experience you give your guests, I can get the same thing up the street at Shogun's. My family and I really love your restaurant but I was very turned off by the drinking chef and the Tsunami comments. We will give you another try but hope there is more tasteful jokes.