“If I could give a zero I would”

Hilton Garden Inn Chesapeake/Greenbrier
Ranked #11 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I checked in were in the room for not even 10 minutes. We had gotten a suite with a Jacuzzi. When I went to pull the sheets down their were blood stains everywhere! I called the Front Desk, the night auditor moved us, but it was a downgrade. In the room there was trash behind the sitting chair, hairs on the floor, and rings from drinks on the furniture. I of course complained in the morning, one because that's absolutlely disgusting, 2 we were down graded, and 3 the second room was still dirty. The housekeeping manager told me I was lying and I had bled on the sheets, i told her if I had bled that much I would need to be in the hospital, she too my face told me I was a liar...keep in mind my husband is a Diamond memeber with Hilton. The front desk manager told me we would be credited we ahd used points to stay. I contacted them 3 times and they never creditied us our points. It was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at, the only polite person was the auditor, who by the way saw all the blood on the bed that we had not used.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tfabmcg
Rachel M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chesapeake/Greenbrier, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

I sincerely apologize for your experience at our property and appreciate your feedback. My number one priority is the health and safety of our guests. Please contact me directly so I can speak directly with you about this situation.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stay here for business at least 2 weeks out of the month - They are extremely helpful and friendly - the staff knows my name and are always warm with their welcome. The manager has even now given me a box to keep my personal belongings in so I do not have to shuffle them around with me since I am there so often. The personal attention is great and it has felt like a home away from home!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Rachel M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chesapeake/Greenbrier, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Thank you so much for the kind and thoughtful comments about our staff. Our motto is "You can count on us!", and our goal is to make every guest feel as welcome and as special as you do. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you, and for the big "shout out" on tripadvisor.com - we can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

This is my "go to" hotel whenever in the Chesapeake/Greenbrier area. You're always greeted by a familar face. Staff goes above and beyond to make your stay the best it can be. Restaurant is always great. If you prefer to go out for a meal, you're surrounded by great restaurants within a very short drive. Very safe place to stay, always a concern when traveling. Rooms are well appointed and always clean. Great place to stay and well worth the price.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Nice & affordable place to stay and conveniently located to Virginia Beach and Williamsburg areas. Nice breakfast bar, with great omelettes. Indoor pool area makes it a nice place to stay in the winter.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Traveled with my family of four on a extended family weekend. Amenities were very good and well maintained. Great location, with plenty of restuarants and mall in the area. Easy access to interstate which is a huge advantage for travelers. As expected this location meets the standards of Hilton Garden Inn as expected throughout their network of properties. As frequent visitors to the is area we will continue to keep this hotel as one of our default places to stay. Hopefully others will have an equally enjoyable experience.

Room Tip: Prior to checking in, inquiry about rooms with "queen sized" opposed to double sized beds...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We booked a room at another hotel (Wingate by Wyndahm) for 5 nights and checked out after one night and went to Hilton. What a difference! This is a quality hotel, and we will stick to the Hilton brands! Everyone made us feel welcome and well taken care of. Excellent breakfast. Even though some services were limited due to the Holidays, our stay was wonderful.

Room Tip: King suite with whirlpool is very spacious, although the bathroom is not totally private. There is a...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We booked a room at this hotel for the Thanksgiving Holiday. Every one of the staff members were very attentive and friendly. I have stayed at Hilton Gardens several times and have never been disapointed. The standards of this hotel are clearly higher than most. I want to thank you for making New Yorkers feel very welcome and at home while we stayed with you.
Christy Rowe and Kevin Kovack