“Convenient, clean, and comfortable”

Hilton Garden Inn Chesapeake/Greenbrier
Ranked #9 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Maryland
“Convenient, clean, and comfortable”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I traveled to Chesapeake on a business trip a couple of weeks ago and was pretty satisfied with my stay at the HGI. The room was clean, the king sized bed was comfortable despite my being too tired to figure out the adjustable mattress, and the staff was friendly and accommodating. The location is central to a number of restaurants and I was told (but didn't venture out to find it) that there was a mall and theater close by.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Nice hotel. Clean quiet rooms nice decor and friendly staff. Convenient location good restaurant but only had breakfast. One thing that I still wrestle with at all HGI's is the restaurant. It's not full service but it's not self service. I ordered pretty much my standard breakfast of 2 eggs sausage and toast the wonderful waitress took my order but then said I could help myself to the toast. So now both of s are hiking across the restaurant together to place my order. This isn't unique to this location but I'm still scratching my head on what HGI is thinking going to market this way. Either have full service or self service I don't mind either just decide this way is like being half pregnant

I'm sorry to tie this to this location as it should go to HGI corp

CW

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
York Haven, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Nice hotel, clean decent room, restaurant was OK (only had breakfast there). Close to VA Beach-about 12 miles away. Microwave & fridge in room. Only complaint was that I used the microwave the first night of a three-night stay and it never got cleaned. Greatly affected my housekeeping tip.

West Haven, CT
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I've only recently "discovered" Hilton Garden Inns. Been loyal to Hampton Inn for years (if a Ritz Carlton Club level isn't available or needed) and I still like 'em on business but, can't beat either one.
As my wife has accompanied me on the last few business trips, the amenities and access to local stuff (shopping whatever) are just a bit more important.
The room was quiet, clean and fresh and had nice bedding.

Only Garden objection, having to pay for breakfast. I wish there was a free buffet (or, at least, free continental) breakfast available. I need something minimal in the morning but, need a $10. breakfast - even though it's nicely prepared. BTW: I made my mild objection known to the Deskman (Nutori) and he very kindly "Comped" me. Nice to see the company allows people to make decisions at their level. Good for Hilton!

Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed May 11, 2012

The staff was, as I expect at HGI, excellent ! Disappointed to find the room ( 317 ) we'd been assigned had two of the softest ( tired) mattresses we've ever encountered. My mistake, I assumed all the HGI rooms had the adjustable sleep system. A very understanding front desk clerk told me this particular hotel only featured the adjustable system in rooms with a king size bed and unfortunately, the hotel was full. He offered to move us the next day to a suitable room which we did and all was well. Room 304

Room Tip: Ask the question, does this room feature an adjustable firmness mattress?
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Jekyll Island, Georgia
Reviewed May 5, 2012

Typical Hilton Garden Inn, which means a medium size building with full service to include a restaurant. The restaurant is located within the hotel lobby separated by furniture and knee walls. This Garden Inn is right next to a shopping and at an interstate exit. I’ve stayed at a dozen Garden Inns. The Inn as typical for Garden Inns was clean and comfortable and the location made me feel safe. The outstanding feature of this Inn was the hospitality.

Spokane
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Had a great stay at this wonderful hotel the week of 4/23. Modern hotel with good size and clean rooms. Chesapeake is a perfect location if you have to commute to Norfolk.

First off there are TONS of restaurants, probably a half dozen you can walk to as well as a movie theater across the parking lot. If you drive there must be 40+ places to eat within 15 minutes. Also, this is one of the few areas you don't driver through any tunnels or bridges to get to downtown Norfolk, so the commute is no more than 20 minutes.

Hotel boasts a wonderful breakfast, friendly employees and usually a great price. Strongly recommend for a business traveler as you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business