“First time at Cutlass Grille”
Review of Cutlass Grille

Cutlass Grille
Ranked #1 of 510 Restaurants in Chesapeake
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Food was awesome! Service was a little slow. They were looking for help on a flyer on the door and need it.

Pulled pork was very good. Baked beans w/brisket was good.

Tried Mac-N- Cheese from my wife's entree. Awesome!

The other couple with us loved their food as well.

We'll be back soon.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

This is my favorite restaurant in Chesapeake now. The food is flavorful, innovative angle unique, especially for Chesapeake. I had the "curry goat". It was a large portion and I ate it all.

It's located in a shopping center off the the beaten path, but worth the search. It's well furnished and adorned in an island style that inspires the meal.

Lunch is under $12 and a great value for the portions received

1  Thank Mayoplan
Reviewed June 18, 2014

What an amazing place to dine. I can't get enough of the jerk chicken. They do it the RIGHT way, smoking it as opposed to baking it, as most restaurants do.

I'm stuck on the jerk chicken. Though I had the ribs and the brisket (get the fatty end!) which are both superb, I can't seem to tear myself away from the chicken. I will have to force myself to try the oxtails which I have heard are also good. The green beans are to DIE for. These are not your ordinary, out of the can or overcooked variety. They are made to order and are crisp, with a nice smokey flavor. The plantain and rice with black bean sauce are also my go to sides. Everyone I bring here insists on coming back. The owner is friendly and accessible. The waitstaff is attentive and professional. The place is clean and neat. The parking is ample. I usually go for lunch to catch their specials. I could eat here everyday!

Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Hubby and I tried out Cutlass Grille for dinner tonight. Until tonight we'd only been here for lunch. It didn't matter one bit. Dinner was just as delicious as lunch. We have never been disappointed with anything we've ever ordered. The plates are plentiful (my husband got 3 huge slices of beef brisket), the food is seasoned just right and the reggae music in the background is the perfect complement to the excellent meal. We have also been extremely pleased with the servers every time we come. Jewell waited on us tonight and she was just super. She even brought my skeptical husband a sample of the cabbage to help him finally make a decision. Couldn't have asked for better food or service. Cutlass Grille is definitely one of our 'go to' places.

2  Thank Luv2Bondago
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Awesome food, friendly staff. The owner is present and checks in with diners. The jerk chicken is awesome, the beans and rice are great; we have not had a bad dish. Good for families. Spices are not 'hot' but simply TASTY!