“One of my favorites...Bergey's never disappoints!”

Bergey's Breadbasket Bakery & More
Ranked #2 of 13 Dessert in Chesapeake
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Seating, Takeout
“One of my favorites...Bergey's never disappoints!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

I can't write enough good things about this quaint, heavenly place. The staff is friendly and helpful. The homemade soups are better than my family's recipes...I realize this means nothing to the reader, but I take great risk typing this in a public forum :) My favorites are the potato soup and the chicken/corn chowder. Be sure to get the homemade, crunchy breadsticks--yummy! The sandwich's are always fresh and tasty. But above all, you must save room for ice cream-- fresh, creamy goodness. The best ice cream I have ever tasted....and I've eaten a lot of ice cream in many parts of the world. In the fall the corn maze is great fun. I only wish I lived closer and could visit more often...but then I'd be tempted to eat ice cream every day, so it's for the best :)

• Visited October 2011

Sousse, Tunisia
“I love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

This is a awesome place to go and eat or just get some ice cream. Family owned and wholesome environment is just icing on the cake. Everyone who comes into town to visit me its a must I take them there. Grab some chocolate milk while you are there.

• Visited July 2012
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Great place to get away for the afternoon”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

Best snacks, home made items you will find. Some of the best home made granola you will find!

• Visited April 2012
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

We put Bergey's in our budget regularly because of the amazing sandwiches, ice cream, and service. Their pies are amazing! Strawberry ice cream is ridiculous, but only offered during strawberry season. Go here...its important!

Chesapeake, Virginia
“A little piece of heaven in the heart of Chesapeake”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

I normally write extensive reviews for Tripadvisor, but in the case of Bergey's all I can say is YOU MUST GO to taste it for yourself. The food is fresh and inviting. The Five Grain Fitness Bread is the best bread I have ever had. It is so yummy and I always leave with a fresh loaf. And don't even get me started on the pies. They are always fresh and delicious, and during the months of April and May you can get a strawberry pie that was made with the strawberries that were picked right next door at Brookdale Farms. You can't get any fresher or local then that.

Bring your family out for a Saturday afternoon lunch and polish it off with some ice cream or a slice of pie. You'll be back for more!!

TIPS: Bergey's has limited seating, so do not be surprised if there is no place to sit and there's a line. Throw out a blanket on the lawn and have a picnic. We've never had to do that, but I don't mind waiting for a place to sit.

• Visited April 2012