“Absolutely The Worst I Have Ever Seen”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #36 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Absolutely The Worst I Have Ever Seen”
Reviewed November 9, 2010

First of all, do not be deceived by the pictures here on Trip Advisor (the same ones on Super 8) or the Super 8 site. The pictures must have been taken when the motel was new. It is now a horrendous flea-bag dive. I trusted the pictures on Super 8's site and booked for 3 nights using my saved Wyndham rewards. After I arrived and got my key card I checked the room I found out the awful truth. It was dirty, the floor had not been vacuumed, not that it would have helped. The chair was broken down and the fabric ripped. The cushions were flat also. The smoke-free room stunk of smoke. The hallway was full of cigarette smoke and the other guests were noisy in their rooms. The front office was even dirtier and I would have never even considered eating the breakfast from such a dump. I contacted Wyndham Rewards and demanded my points back and for them to cancel my stay. After threatening to start using competitors lodging from then on if they refused, the customer service rep made it happen. Chalk one up for Wyndham Rewards. Lets put it this way; I would have found other lodging even if I lost my points for not canceling soon enough. I wouldn't let a Ferrel dog stay here. It's that bad.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NarllyCharlly
super8chesapeakeva, Webmaster at Quality Inn, responded to this review, October 22, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your attempt to stay at Super 8 Chesapeake Greenbrier during your recent visit to our area.

• Management was approached about making sure that the pictures shown on the web properly reflect what will be found off line.

• Housekeeping received additional training regarding the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

• Maintenance was informed of your report of the broken chair in the room assigned to your use. They were instructed to repair or replace it.

• Management was reminded of their responsibility to see to it that our valued guests remember to be thoughtful of their fellow guests.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will decide to stay at Super 8 Chesapeake Greenbrier. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
henderson, mn
Reviewed October 18, 2010

No exaggeration is needed on this one...seriously the worst place I have ever stayed. When I checked into my room last night, the sheets/bedspread were used and dirty. The carpet was disgustingly filthy. The bathroom had hair all over it and the towels were wet/used and hanging on the back of the door and had some sort of red stains on them (rust I hope!). The coffee pot was broken and completely unusable as was the ironing board. As a solo female traveler, I felt unsafe and did not feel like I could approach the night manager about this so I called the customer service line directly. They apologized and then contacted the manager for me. New towels, and sheets (no pillowcases) were brought up to me. This really didnt remedy the situation enough. I slept in my clothes and still felt too disgusted to sleep. When I woke up, I had a large bug bite on my forehead. I quickly packed and rinsed off in the shower and checked out at 5:30 AM.

I was originally to stay until this Thursday but that is NOT happening. I told them I would not be returning and that I would like a refund not only on the rest of my stay, but for last night as well. I was told by customer service originally that this would have to be approved by the hotel manager however he was not on duty when I checked out. I told the front desk person that I would like a refund when I left and he told me to call the manager later today for approval.

I just got off the phone with the manager, he was EXTREMELY rude and would not confirm whether he had credited back for the remainder of my stay, or the entire stay. I asked him to confirm this 5 times and basically talked over me and told me to call my credit card company to find out. As if it were a game or something! He then proceeded to hang up on me.

I have now contacted customer service again, and been told that if the manager does not resolve the situation himself within 3 business days, that they will intervene. I should not, and will not pay a penny for an experience of this nature.

Super8 should be completely ashamed to have their name on a motel this bad. With this many terrible reviews, they should consider visiting this location themselves see it in person.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank vancealot
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Super 8 Chesapeake Greenbrier for your recent stay in our area. I am sorry that it did not turn out to be the pleasant experience you had anticipated.

• The manager received additional training in the courteous manner in which our valued guests are to be treated.

Hotel Manager.

Travelers are raving about these Chesapeake hotels

New Hartford, CT
Reviewed August 15, 2010

I should have known that I was in trouble when I tried to check in, and the clerk didn't have a computer, but a hand written list on a piece of paper. While he was trying to find our reservation, and determine our cost (no calculator - he did the math on scrap paper) the phone rang endlessly, he was distracted and overwhelmed, but polite.
The room itself was gross. The floors visibly soiled, and bathroom dirty. I was excited to wake without bedbug bites. The room smelled musty and stale.
The lock on the back door is broken, so anyone can get into the building at any time. The parking lot seems to be a gathering place for men in their early 20s who loiter and were checking out both the content of our car and our 14 year old daughters with equal interest.
If I could have found a another room in another hotel the area with 2 double beds, I would have been out of there in a second.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank robingrn
super8chesapeakeva, Webmaster at Quality Inn, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
Dear Guest,

• The check in clerk received our commendation for the courteous way in which he treated you, our valued guests, in a difficult situation.

• Management was approached about providing proper instruments, computers, calculators, to be used in registering our valued guests.

• Maintenance was informed of your report of the broken lock on the back door and instructed to see to it’s repair.

• Management and security were approached about the presence of non-guests in the parking lot and suggestions were made about what might be done to make our guests feel more secure.

We take our reviews very seriously. I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Super 8 Chesapeake Greenbrier. I think you will be greatly pleased.

o
Reviewed May 14, 2010

Not good but cheap with some breakfast. The room smell smoke. The blanket had hole burned by the smoking. If you just want to spend a night to sleep, the price is right.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank dxp0105a
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Super 8 Chesapeake Greenbrier. I am glad that you found the price to be a good one for you.

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Super 8 Chesapeake Greenbrier. We look forward to welcoming you back.

njhusker
Reviewed December 31, 2009

My girlfriend and I stopped at this hotel on the night of December 18th 2009 due to bad weather on our way to the outer banks of North Carolina. It was late, and the reception person was not exactly in the best mood; however that is understandable given the hour. Unfortunately, the room was a different story. The floor was dirty, as was the bathroom, and the toilet took some work to get it to flush. The bed linens didn’t appear clean, and there were some dead bugs under the pillows along with hair that appeared to be left behind by the last tenet. At that point my girlfriend decided to sleep in the truck. I did sleep in the room, but made sure not to remove any of my clothes. As soon as I got a few hours of sleep and day broke, I left as quickly as possible. I travel quite a bit, both for business and pleasure, and have never had the privilege of experiencing such a slum of a hotel. Needless to say, I will not be utilizing the services of Super 8 again.

Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank njhusker
Dear Guest,

• The reception person received additional training in the courteous manner in which our valued guests are to be treated.

• Maintenance was informed of the problem you experienced with the toilet in the room assigned to you and instructed to look into it’s repair.

• Maintenance was informed of your report of dead bugs in the room assigned to you and instructed to look into the matter.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will reconsider your decision not to utilize the services of Super 8 again and to stay at Super 8 Chesapeake Greenbrier. I think you will be greatly pleased.

PA
Reviewed September 17, 2009

The staff was rude and uncaring. They take no pride in their business whatsoever.

Our room was filthy, at best. There were no towels or soap in the room upon arrival, only two wash cloths that were dingy gray. The main light in the room did not work at all. You could see daylight all around the perimeter of the wall air conditioner. If you do choose to stay here and take your dog - oh, be sure to tell them you have one because they will stalk you and hunt you down to get the $35 fee. I'm still trying to figure out what they do with that fee. It's sure not to clean the room. My dog was dirtier when we left than when we arrived. The refrigerator was dirty and didn't get very cold - in fact, slightly cool would describe it. It was very noisy - there were broken beer bottles strewn all over the parking lot in the morning. A couple at the Waffle House next store were trying not to kill each other during their very loud and raucous argument at 6 a.m..

I complained to Super 8 both on their site and on an "after-stay" review. They said the hotel is privately owned and any complaints and refund requests would have to come from the owners. This is the Wyndham group folks - the don't even stand behind their hotels! I didn't even try to contact the hotel owners because they are so stupid and arrogant, I knew it wasn't worth my time. I will never, ever stay here again and will recommend that if you are in this area, stay anywhere but here. There are other very nice hotels in the area. Spend a little extra and be clean and safe!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 032710c
Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated.

Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

• Management received additional training in the courteous way in which our valued guests are to be treated.

• Wyndham group was approached as to what their responsibilities are concerning the privately owned hotels which are a part of their group.

New York
Reviewed August 6, 2009

I stayed here and there was a couple of hookers working the area. I am pretty sure the guy next door was strung out on something. He would crawl out and just lay half in and half out of the room. Then a couple of rooms down there was about 6 gun shots and people screaming and running about 2am. Then a few minutes later there was I think return fire. Top it off it took cops 40 minutes to show up. I can't beleave what had happen there in the motel. Never will I stay in a hotel with Hookers standing around outside with a drug pusher trying to sell me CRACK. Don't stay here unless you want this crap to happen to you.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank addurden
Dear Guest,

• Management was approached about your report of hookers and drug pushers on the property. Also about your report of gunfire and police intervention. Ways were discussed in which our valued guests could be greater safe guarded.