“Renovated”

Ranked #36 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Orlando, Florida
“Renovated”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

The rooms have been updated (new carpets, furnishings), but the mattresses don't seem to be new. Good size room, reliable Internet, adequate neighborhood. Walls are a little on the thinner side, so anyone talking really loud can be heard, but it was once in awhile.

Room Tip: Third floor room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
qualityinnchesapeake, Webmaster at Quality Inn, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Quality Inn Chesapeake during your last visit to our area.

We appreciate your review and putting forth your straight observations.

We are continuously improving our services and also overall amenities.

It is nice to note that you liked the room size, internet and the neighborhood.
We would like to invite you to once again choose us and see the change.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
DC Metro Area
Reviewed May 6, 2013

The pictures on their website is misleading! The room was VERY dated. The bed sat very low (as if it should have been a platform bed) with an old floral print bedspread. The bathroom was very small barely enough room to move around in without bumping into something...and I'm a regular size person. A full figure person would definitely have a problem. The bathtub had green moldy looking stuff around the nobs. The breakfast was HORRIBLE!!! The donuts were stale. There was two hot food items and at 8:30 am it was literally gone. If I had time, I'd went to the Waffle House next door. The location is good though.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying at the Quality Inn,Chesapeake.

We appreciate your review which will definitely help us to improve.

Guest reviews help us to improve a lot so that they get a nice experience.

We are continuously improving our rooms, amenities and other related areas.

We shall do the needful to improve the breakfast also.

We would love to see you again at our hotel and assure you a nice experience.

Hotel Manager.

Travelers are raving about these Chesapeake hotels

ufa
Reviewed April 8, 2013

They lied about full hot breakfast !!! dont even expect it. Hot is only coffee!!! and even my calls to their headquarters didnt resolve anything - they said - speak to front desk. front desk didnt seem to care. even though the next morning they added boiled COLD eggs and yogurt. still misadvertisement and no care for customer. would not stay there again .

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank guzelka
Dear Guest,

Thanks for being at the Quality Inn to stay during your last visit to our area.

Our apologies for the bad experience you had howsoever.

We have taken your review seriously and appropriate actions are being taken on your observations. The front desk staff has been given special training.

We are hiring a special team to improve the breakfast also.

Please make a note of the same and we look forward to serve you again.

IRON STATION
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I am a navy wife that recently visited Chesapeake VA to check out apartments near my husband’s base. Due to his schedule and mine we aren’t able to plan really far in advance. On a Thursday I booked a two-night stay for two people for the next day using a mobile phone. I was unsure if I had used the technology correctly so I called a few hours later to check to make sure the reservation went through. I spoke to a staff member and found that they did indeed have me booked. They muttered something about it being too late to change now. When I arrived (the next day) I found out that somehow the computer had booked 2 rooms. I tired explaining to the clerk that it was a technical glitch but she was too busy chatting on her cell phone to even speak to me. After I showed signs of being highly annoyed that she was asking for me to pay for an additional room she changed it so that I paid for only one night on the additional room. It turned out to only be $40 but what if I hadn’t had the extra cash? The woman acted like she would have had the right to arrest me. I avoided her during my entire stay. I think zero tolerance policies always dehumanize people and causes management to make stupid decisions. It’s why we have 6year olds being suspended, sent to therapy, and being threats of arrest all over a gun held by a Lego character.
The cancellation policy and staff’s inability to work around their own system will keep me from ever booking with Super 8 again. I have also decided to call instead of booking online to make sure that the company allows for mishaps.
Based on the way I was treated I’m sure that anyone who found out about the approaching hurricane Sandy and wanted to cancel was just out of luck too.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

super8chesapeakeva, Webmaster at Quality Inn, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Super 8 during your recent visit to our area.

We appreciate the review and we take it quite seriously- for improvement.

At the outset, our apologies for the bad experience you had howsoever.

We are investigating the entire issue with the hotel staff and shall take all necessary steps to avoid such unpleasant incidence. We shall see that it is never happened again.

We also have given special training and instructions to the hotel staff to offer the best hospitality to our guests.

We assure you and request you to consider staying with us in future and have a new satisfactory experience.

Raleigh, NC
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I stayed here over a weekend night in October- rates were very reasonable considering the area- total plus tax was around $56.

The motel itself definitely does appear somewhat run-down. I got a third-floor room, and had to walk up two flights of steps- no elevator! From the lobby there is a ramp -down- to the first floor for handicapped folk, but that is all.

Once inside the room, though, it was very nice, and looks like some effort has been made to upgrade the rooms. The room had a TV, fridge, microwave, alarm clock (worked fine!), and a hair dryer. I don't think it had a coffee maker, which I wouldn't have used anyway. The wi-fi was free (password posted at the lobby), and was very fast and worked fine. It looks like some effort was recently made to upgrade these rooms; it definitely seemed nicer than the outside public areas.

I found the room to be very clean; the bed, sheets, and towels were all clean and in good shape, and there was no dirt or trash on the floors, nor did I see any insects. It was very quiet, and I got a good night's sleep with no issues.

The motel is located on a long strip with just about every sort of fast food and national chain store you can imagine; there is also a Waffle House right beside the motel. It is also very close to the 264 highway interchange. There are also some other discount motels in the vicinity, if you want to check prices.

Room Tip: Due to problems that other travelers had, check the room before accepting it. Mine was clean and a...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo