“They offered me a snack”

Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd.
Ranked #24 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
“They offered me a snack”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

So.... I couldn't get into my favorite hotel this trip and I needed a back up plan. I finally found this hotel around 10 pm after driving 8+ hours. When I arrived at the front desk a very nice gentleman asked me "Would you like a snack?" I was so surprised I had him to repeat himself. I thought to myself, how pleasant to receive this gift. Though only a small bag of popcorn, the gesture was unexpected and greatly appreciated. That small attention to detail really made my stay memorable. Thank you Extended Stay staff for your customer service.

Room Tip: i personally liked the first floor for easy entry and exiting w/out waiting on the elevator.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd., responded to this review, May 12, 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I really appreciate your comments regarding the popcorn you received upon arrival. Customer service is a top priority of ours, so I am happy to hear that we met this goal. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our entire team. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Portsmouth, Virginia
Reviewed December 21, 2013

They are true to their motto as a home away from home, even down to the cooking recipes for stove top and microwave. The location is centered around "everything" :) But Hey Scrappy334 - I didn't get any free popcorn! But it's all good, I had my own microwavable popcorn!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd., responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Thank you so much for writing a review about your stay with us. I'm glad to hear that we were able to meet your expectations by providing a"home away from home"! I'm also glad to hear that you enjoyed the Away From Home Cooking book, but are truly apologetic that you did not get your free popcorn.

I hope that you will stay with us again because we owe you two bags of popcorn now!!! In short, we love to offer these amenities to our guests and again thank you for your time and Happy Holidays!!!
Portsmouth, Virginia
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I come here all the time and I just love the service that they have to offer it's a wonderful experience and the free popcorn is defiantly a plus that's why I will continue to come to the extended stay

• Stayed December 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd., responded to this review, December 16, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your experience with Extended Stay America/Churchland. I'm delighted to here that you stay with us frequently and enjoy the items we offer from our short term amenities basket, your choice being the popcorn!!!

Again thank you for you review and we look forward to you lodging with us in the future.
Suffolk
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I arrived on Saturday night and the hotel parking lot and foyer area were free of crackheads, no rowdy parties which usually are a warning sign. The main lobby was clean and the front desk auditor, whose name was Kenya was very helpful and cheerful. She had a great attitude.... I checked in very quickly and proceeded to the third floor, my room was the closest one to the elevator which was nice. Once inside I realized for the money that this place was awesome, a place for everything and everything in its place ! Four pillows on the bed, flat screen and WiFi, nice shower and small efficient kitchen area. It had everything I needed, I couldn't have asked for more !

Room Tip: I asked for one on the third floor to be far away from the travel noise on the first floor
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd., responded to this review, November 27, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your stay. I greatly appreciate your comments regarding Kenya and the overall service you received from our staff. As well, it is great to know that you liked your room and the amenities we had to offer.

Thank you again for your kind comments. We look forward to you lodging with us in the near future.
Suffolk, Virginia
Reviewed November 6, 2013

the Staff were very friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean and the hotel was clean and neat. DeWane the maintenance Engineer provides outstanding service!!!! Enjoyed the grab and go breakfast.Close to the bases here also. Close proximity to the Naval and Coast Guard basases as well as to the areas tourist attraction.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd., responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed our grab-and-go breakfast as well as the level of cleanliness in your room. Our staff works very hard to ensure that all of our guests have a great stay while lodging at our hotel. Also, thank you for your comments regarding Dewayne.

Again, thank you for your comments. We look forward to you staying with us again, should your travel needs bring to our area.
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I've been visiting Portsmouth VA once or twice a year for about 6 years now, and I've always enjoyed my stay at Extended Stay.America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd. I've stayed here almost every time (sometimes a friend offers hospitality).

The place is clean and quiet, well kept up (except sometimes the trash bin outside the front door overflows.

The kitchen has a microwave, refrigerator, sink and stovetop (no conventional oven). Dishes and tableware for two are provided, as well as basic cooking equipment. There are several supermarkets and fast-food restaurants nearby

The front desk folks have always been cheerfully helpful.

Room Tip: I like the first floor, since I have some physical challenges. My rooms usually face the parking lo...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, Front Office Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd., responded to this review, September 6, 2013
As always, I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We look forward to having you at the Churchland property once or twice a year. It is great to know that you were satisfied with the services we provided and willing to give feedback so that we can improve as needed.

Once more, thank you for posting your review. I will make sure the staff keep a closer eye on the trash can located in the front entrance. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Hotel information need updates. The website points to indoor pool in this hotel which was a strong factor to consider it when I made my reservation. I was disappointed when I discovered there was no pool in the hotel, and the information was incorrect. I showed a staff member what is on the website about the pool, and I asked them to remove this incorrect information.
Staff were friendly in general. Special thanks to Duane.

Rooms were OK, after I changed them with staff help.
Breakfast items need improvement.

Room Tip: Stay away from ground floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd., responded to this review, August 15, 2013
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I sincerely apologize that the information about the pool posted on the website was incorrect. I know that is one the reasons you choose our location. As this Hotel's Manager, I can assure you that I have looked into this matter and corrections will be made. Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. We continually work to improve our hotel, so again I really appreciate you providing us with feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at ccb@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at out hotel the next time your in town.