Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd.
Ranked #23 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Hotel information need updates. The website points to indoor pool in this hotel which was a strong factor to consider it when I made my reservation. I was disappointed when I discovered there was no pool in the hotel, and the information was incorrect. I showed a staff member what is on the website about the pool, and I asked them to remove this incorrect information.
Staff were friendly in general. Special thanks to Duane.

Rooms were OK, after I changed them with staff help.
Breakfast items need improvement.

Room Tip: Stay away from ground floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I sincerely apologize that the information about the pool posted on the website was incorrect. I know that is one the reasons you choose our location. As this Hotel's Manager, I can assure you that I have looked into this matter and corrections will be made. Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. We continually work to improve our hotel, so again I really appreciate you providing us with feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at ccb@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at out hotel the next time your in town.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

the Staff were very friendly and helpful. Close to a lot of the areas tourist attraction. Close to the bases here also. Rooms were clean and the hotel was clean and neat. Enjoyed the grab and go breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Adelia - The team and I appreciate your kind remarks. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your room and you got to enjoy the grab-and-go breakfast. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I choose this hotel for it convenient location for my visit and the price. The room was small, but ok for one person for 2 nights. Plus things, Nice big TV and I liked that the window could be opened for fresh air. That being said, it would not lock again. I had to use a piece of dowel wood to lock it at night. Room was 225 if management wants to check it out. I should have reported it, but just didn't get around to it as I was extremely busy. The front desk attendant was extremely nice. Also like that their was a guard patrolling the lobby and parking lot. The room was clean, they offered free Wi-Fi and grab and go breakfast (but get there early!)

On the down side, 2 desk type chairs to go with the table. An empty toilet paper roll in bathroom. Not a big deal, but something that should not be over looked. There was a new roll there to put on. I was surprised at no hairdryer. First time in 20 years I stayed someplace and there was no hair dryer in the room. My fault I guess for not reading the amenities, but they supplied one for me to use. The minimal plates and cups in the cabinets will give you a hernia trying to pick up, but at least they were clean. Freezer part of frig is so full of frost, you can barely fit the trays in it. Needs to be defrosted asap. It was also a bit noisy in my section. Quite a few people slamming doors and talking loud.

I'm not sure that I would stay here again. I think I will opt to spend a bit more.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Price was the deciding factor in choosing this hotel. Rate was good and then found a coupon online for an additional discount. Made a visit to Virginia Beach affordable even though 40 minutes away.

Staff very friendly and thorough.

Room not as big as expected but clean. Bed very comfortable. Breakfast is 'Grab and Go' which means prepackaged muffins and granola bars.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

The team and I appreciate you taking the time to write such a positive review. I'm glad to hear that the staff was very friendly and thorough towards you. Our housekeeping department appreciate you comments regarding the cleanliness of the room upon check in.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and our "Grab n Go" Breakfast. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Being from out of town, not knowing the area, and trusting the pics on the website was a bad idea. The rooms were nothing like the pictures, and the clientele (not to be mean) are not what you'd want to expose your family to. There were a number of what I'd call "rif-raff" type people hanging around outside the property smoking, and being loud. So when you entered you had to walk thru a wall of cigarette smoke right there in the doorway. Then during out stay the hallways smelled of weed, and heavy air fresheners to "cover" the smell of the weed. Then of all things there were 3 or 4 local cops walking the hallways for several hours....one of which was a K-9 cop with his dog walking all the hallways having his dog "sniff" all the doors in the establishment searching for drugs. From what I gathered talking to some of the patrons in the hotel was that expensive items such as laptops, Iphones, TV's were being stolen right from the rooms. We will never return and will tell everyone coming to this area to avoid this spot! For what it's worth, the best we can say is that the desk staff was very friendly, even though we were concerned for out safety.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank VAGENE
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. We strive to provide all our guests with the comforts of home, so I'm disappointed to hear that we failed at that mission. As this hotel's manager I assure you that Churchland is a safe environment, and to uphold our company high standards we ask that Police Officer's walk our property randomly for security purposes. Guest safety is our number one priority, so we are continually working to ensure this is offered at all times.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guest, so we are thankful for your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me at ccb@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope you will give us another chance to provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I got a pretty good deal on this hotel- $460 for 7 nights during the July 4 holiday. I chose this location because it is about the halfway point between Williamsburg and Virginia Beach, which were the two locations I would be visiting most. The staff are very friendly and accommodating for the most part. When we arrived, we checked our bed sheets and found some hairs on them as well as the pillows. We brought the sheets down to the lobby and got a replacement right away.

The rooms look nothing like the stock photos on the Website!!! Our kitchen consisted of two electric burners, a space to either cut up some veggies or to dry some plates, and a sink. So, not much room. There is a sauté pan and a pot to use, as well as a toaster, coffee maker, and utensils.

I probably would not return to this hotel again, mostly because it did not meet the expectations that I had from looking at the photos on the extended stay website as well as the photos on trip advisor.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank ElaineNJ13
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Elaine - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. Please know the situation you described regarding the bedding in your room is truly unacceptable. We are sorry for your experience and please accept our apologies. I discussed your comments with the team and we are taking action to ensure this does not happen again. As well, I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures so that our hotel is more in line with our company's standards.

We continually work to improve our hotel, and so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at ccb@extendedstay.com. We hope you that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Clean, cheap room with all requested amenities. Cheerful, helpful staff. Location made it hard to find, but worth effort. Discovered grap-n-go breakfast this time -- good coffee. Nicer than other Extended Stay used before.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Baronvanv