Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd.
Ranked #23 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Clean, cheap room with all requested amenities. Cheerful, helpful staff. Location made it hard to find, but worth effort. Discovered grap-n-go breakfast this time -- good coffee. Nicer than other Extended Stay used before.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Baronvanv

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Nothing fancy. Clean, basic lodging. Small, cramped room & bathroom. Meager but adequate kitchen facilities. Most basic things OK... plenty of hot water, AC worked OK, etc. Very friendly and helpfull staff.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank W P
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Thank you posting a review of our property. We appreciate you letting us know that our staff was very friendly and helpful during your stay. As well, we are happy to read that you enjoyed the in-room kitchen.

Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travel needs bring you back in the area.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel once or twice a year for the past four years. I have always enjoyed my stay.

The hotel is convenient to my friends in Portsmouth and is very good value for the money. I do feel 'at home away from home' here. The staff is friendly and professional, and very responsive. The new breakfast is a thoughtful addition.

My only nitpick is the neatness of the area in front of the door. I commented on it my last trip, and this time it was better but still not as inviting as it could be. Don't let it spoil your impression, though, because the moment you walk in that door everything is excellent.

An example of the 'little touches' -- the soap has nubbins on one side, to help it drain. I've been in a lot of hotels, some of them much fancier than this, and I've never seen that before.

Room Tip: I personally like the first floor, convenient to the lobby and laundry. That's what I asked for...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank bayla2

The staff and I would like to thank you for posting your review. It is so rewarding to read that you had a wonderful stay with us. I have addressed the neatness of the front lobby area with the staff, and we are continuing to focus our efforts on improving this area. Still, I'm glad that you enjoyed our new amenities and you felt at home while staying with us.

Thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I have enjoyed the very friendly staff and thier eagerness to make my stay comfortable as well as enjoyable. The front desk, especially Rudy, is always helpful, cheerful and willing to take care of any issue/need, immediately.
Thank you sincerely for making my stay here one to remember in a very possitive way!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank phyllis c
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Phyllis - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such positive things about your stay with us! We are delighted that we were able to make your stay enjoyable and comfortable. Most of all I'm overjoyed that our staff, especially Rudy, was able to establish such a beautiful rapport with you, which created such a strong impact on your stay.

Thank you for remembering us in a very positive way, most of all thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I have been staying here while working in Va. I love the room and the personnel. Rudy brightens my day with her beautiful smile and she is always quick to help me with anything I need. She always goes above and beyond to make sure I am comfortable. A big thank you just for her!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Susan O
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I ended up staying at this hotel on and off over the course of five weeks. Every time the service was excellent. One time the stove did not have a drip pan, and I informed the staff. By the time I got my luggage and returned to the room the issue had been fixed. The staff there is excellent and very welcoming, especially Rudy. Everything was great, nothing to complain about at this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank David A
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We have been staying here almost a month now, because of work...Our room was and is very clean...our needs are always met...everyone is great....I have to say though, that Rudy is super awesome...always a welcoming smile,..always without hesitation, helps us with anything we are needing....shes great!!!!!!! I highly recommend this hotel to anyone...you will be very satisfied....

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Pamela H
GM_GMChesapeake, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear Pam and Jody,

"Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America. Lastly, thank you for taking the time to recognize Rudy. She is exceptional and I'm proud to have her as part of our staff. If there is anything we can furhter assist you with please call!!!

Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words."