Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd.
Ranked #23 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Grassy Creek, North Carolina
“pam & jody”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We have been staying here almost a month now, because of work...Our room was and is very clean...our needs are always met...everyone is great....I have to say though, that Rudy is super awesome...always a welcoming smile,..always without hesitation, helps us with anything we are needing....shes great!!!!!!! I highly recommend this hotel to anyone...you will be very satisfied....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Pamela H
GM_GMChesapeake, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd., responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Pam and Jody,

"Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America. Lastly, thank you for taking the time to recognize Rudy. She is exceptional and I'm proud to have her as part of our staff. If there is anything we can furhter assist you with please call!!!

Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words."

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Portsmouth, Virginia
Reviewed March 23, 2013

The personnel was excellent. But wasn't happy with the cleanliness of the room. I found hair in my bed the first night. After my 8th day my room was cleaned. The stove wasn't clean, the floor hadn't been swept. And the tub had hair in it.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TLFLOOD
Dear TLFLOOD,

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond.
The housekeeping service you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am mandating that our housekeeping department leave their names on the housekeeping card located in guest rooms that receive cleaning services.We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your comments.
If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at ccb@extendedstay.com.

Again thank you!!!
Suffolk, Virginia
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I have used this site many times when traveling for work to find a hotel, but never myself left a review either positive or negative. However, after staying at this hotel I feel compelled to let everyone know what a great experience I had. Walt and Veronica the managers at E.S.A.- Churchland Blvd. have one of the most accommodating and well trained staffs I have ever witnessed. Shannise and Rudy at the front desk do an amazing job and are always cheerful and willing to help in any way. Margaret in housekeeping is wonderful, and Dwayne in maintenance is great at his job and just a great guy. It is no question that this hotel will be the only place I stay when in the area. Well done Extended Stay America Chesapeake- Churchland Blvd. well done!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Charles W
GM_GMChesapeake, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd., responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Charles,

"I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Extended Stay is comfortable because i feel safe. For example, i left my window down in my car and nobody touch my car. I like kitchenette and services that are provided as far as housekeeping is concerned. Rudy and Veronica and Walter is very nice and attentive to the needs of the guest and this is one of the reasons my company stay.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Arseniogsenny
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such kind words about Extended Stay/ Churchland Blvd. location. I'm delighted to know that you feel safe and comfortable at this location. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words."
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Everytime I'm in Virginia for work. I stay at Churchland. Most of all because of the staff. The rooms are always nice and clean and housekeeping maintain the whole property excellently. Over three years of coming back and forward I never considered moving to another location. It amazing that we can grab a snack in the morning. I feel they are showing that they really appreciate our business. Veronica went above and beyond to make sure we know about the improved Extended Stay brand. It feel so amazing!!!! This is home away from home. Hands Down.

• Stayed January 2013
GM_GMChesapeake, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd., responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Hi Mr. Hurtado,
"I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Woodbridge, Virginia, United States
Reviewed January 15, 2013

My experience with this hotel has been great, Extended Stay has an exellent services, make me feel Am I at home and not working away of, the rooms are clean and comfortable With a really nice flat TV. and the manangment staff and employees are wonderfull, Thank Veronica and Rudy for all the effort you guys having done, I trully recommend it to all the people who come here,

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
GM_GMChesapeake, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd., responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear Valle,

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels, "Your Home Away from Home". I'm very happy that our staff are able to exceed your expectations and make your stay as comfortable as possible. We love having you lodge with us and look forward to seeing you soon!!! Thank you again for your kind words.
Front Royal, Virginia
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Traveling to the area weekly for work. Stayed at the hotel next door and didn't like it. Asked boss to move me to the Extended Stay. Best decision I could have made. Great customer service, especially Rudy. I forgot a USB cable and Rudy actually offered to bring me one from home.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hello MStarke,

Foremost, thank you for allowing Extended Stay/ Churchland to become your preferred choice for lodging! I'm delighted that we have delivered the type of customer service that helped you make the decision to ask your boss to move; moreover; he/she agreed. As you continue to travel back and forward to our location for work, may you have a safe trip as always!! Thank you for sharing your experience, it means a lot.