Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd.
Ranked #22 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
“Satisified!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

Stayed at hotel for 3 months due to in the area for work. Rudy, Arneita, and other hotel staff were always so nice and helpful. My room was nice. Any problems I had staff was quick to assist me. Even got a new bed while staying there which was neat. No complaints really except dryers in laundry room could worked better and would have liked more variety in tv stations but that was nothing major that would have made me leave of course. I would recommend this hotel and would stay again if ever back in the area.

• Stayed June 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ChristopherTM, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd., responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd.. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Portsmouth
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

One day last month I decided that I could really use a getaway, and I was just looking for a hotel in my area just so i could get a little bit of relaxation. Well, I should have thought twice about this hotel. I called the hotel in the evening and spoke to a very friendly girl at the front desk, who informed me that they didnt have any of the rooms i want (1 king bed). Then I asked her if she a room with 1 queen bed on the 3rd floor away from everybody. She then told me that she had 1 room but it had no fridge so she would give me a discounted price. I arrived at the hotel around about 6pm and as soon as i walked into the door a very unpleasant smell hit me. Still being optimistic, i get my room key and headed to the third floor. As soon as i got into the room i smelled something so terrible that i had to call the front desk and ask the young lady for some kind of air freshener. The carpet was torn and dirty...by this time i was a little frustrated, but i was too tired. So I went downstairs got some air sanitizer, after i unpacked my bag i then sit down at the table and all of a sudden, i started to itch. I immediatly called downstairs and asked the girl at the front desk did they have bugs and when is the last time someone sprayed her answer was that they didnt have any bugs that she knew of....and all of this happened on day one....day two was about the same, except for when i had a guy try to follow me and find out what room i was staying in! I wouldn't recommend staying here unless you had no other options at all.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank Ashley H
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd., responded to this review, July 11, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd.. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Grandy, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

Arnita Woods at the front desk has been professional and accommodating at a sensitive time of needed extended stay for some family. I really want to speak to her when I call, although others are doing their jobs, she stands out as polite and most helpful. Thanks Arnita!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

Decided to get this room because we were in a wedding. Hotel was right off the highway and near tons of places to eat. the room itself had a small kitchen with a fridge, a table to eat at, a nice sized closet, a desk, and took our AAA discount. If you are looking for luxury, this isn't it, but it was clean, and the staff was very friendly...will keep this in mind the next time I return to the area!

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank misscakes23
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd., responded to this review, April 9, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd.. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2011

10/17/11 Booked this hotel because of the low cost. Opened the door to the room, and stepped in ... it was dark. I stood there trying to find the light switch and at the same time, I felt somthing crawling on my legs. I found the light switch, and when I looked down I saw at least 50 fleas on each leg. I had shorts and sandals on. I immediately went to the front desk. She offered to change my room, but I said no thank you I'm finding somewhere elese to stay. Can't tell you how comfortable the beds were ... I never made it into the room that far.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank Parker18_11
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2011

This hotel is a great place to stay! The hotel staff is very kind and caring! They always put their guests first above all. I havevstayed with this hotel multiple times. What I absolutely love is they are a pet friendly hotel so I never have to leave my cats at home. I have read the reviews of this hotel and I absolutely laughed. These people have found one thing wrong and bashed the hotel which is crazy.. Anyways yes house keeping is done once a week but you can switch your towels and linens out with the front desk. Plus they give trash bags, toilet paper, and tissues if you ask! As for the started soaps that is just what they are, people normally bring their own personal items for the bathroom, if you forgot there is a dollar store, farm fresh, and walmart in the same area.. Or less you are too lazy or too cheap to do so. The management team and the front desk team are just completely amazing! I would go back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank Wowruserious
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2011

i have had to stay at this hotel for almost 2 months. Most of the stay has been quiet until this week. They allowed a group of young adults stay here and keep the hotel awake until at least 3am! I have talked to the manager twice and he said he would have them removed if they didn't quiet down. They smoked in the halls by the non smoking rooms. I have asthma which if why I chose a non smoking room. They run up and down the halls and stairs. The yell all through halls. I told the manager of these problems and still nothing. I haven't been able too sleep in 3 days and the least he could have done was comp the room for one night. I am still listening to this noise and have already called the front desk, but of course that means nothing!

• Stayed January 2011