“Clean and affordable accomadations”

Red Roof Inn Chesapeake Conference Center
Ranked #15 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Clean and affordable accomadations”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I didn't have great expectations because the price was so reasonable, however I was pleasantly surprised by the condition and cleanliness of the room and property. I didn't encounter any problems with the customers, staff or facilities. I appreciated the safe in the room, but there is a nominal fee to use it. I was surprised that the floors were hardwood which I actually prefer to keep allergies down and I feel it is cleaner. However, I felt like I had to be extra cautious so I wouldn't wake people below me. There is no complimentary breakfast, but they do provide a microwave, fridge, and coffee maker in the room. Slept well and that's what I was there for.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 1bruiser
Red-Roof-Inn-Manager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chesapeake Conference Center, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your most recent visit with others. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay, our staff, and our new decor' package. We look forward to you staying with us again whenever you are in the area.
Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Milton, Canada
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My husband and parents stayed there from July 12-July 16th travelling from Canada. We checked in late. Had to wait for the front desk receptionist to come and unlock the door to come in (about ten minutes). Not that friendly, but got the job done. My parents room was on the first floor 151 and had a king size bed. We stayed in 232 upstairs.
Rooms smelt like the housekeeper had overdosed the room in lemon cleaner it was quite overwhelming. Lights were dusty, bathroom was OK, but had the essentials that was needed. No closet space to store and hang items, and I didn't quite trust putting my clothes in the dressers as I opened the dresser drawer and saw a dead bug. Pillows were flat, but usable. We opted not for any housekeeping services for the weekend - as we generally are not messy people, and didn't want a cleaner in our room while we were away.
At night you can hear the "thud" of loud club music from a distance - not sure where it was coming from. But if you turn the fan in the room loud, it kind of drowns it out.
There is a Wawa's next door, for us to pick up fresh coffee and breakfast or snacks which was quite convenient.
Price was ++ cheap, we book off of Hotwire and got a good deal. You get what you pay for. Thankully there was a safe in the room - as there seemed to be a lot of sketchy people also staying in the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for first floor rooms if you dont want to carry your luggage upstairs. Conveniently you can park...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Red-Roof-Inn-Manager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chesapeake Conference Center, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your most recent stay with us. I am glad to know that the location and rooms met your needs. I will be sure to share your comments with the rest of the staff to see where we can make improvements.
Thank you again for your comments. We wish you happy travels in all your future trips.
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Me and my boyfriend reserved to stay here for 3 nights. We ended up leaving a night early because there was an incident in a room downstairs involving the police and forensics. There fore we did not feel safe so we packed up and went to the office and asked for a refund because of the circumstances of having to leave and we were told we could not get a refund because it was not before 12 and because the manager left on vacation for a week we would have to wait to talk to him.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest,
I apologize that I was out of town on business and unable to speak with you at checkout. I am glad that we had the opportunity to speak by phone and resolve the issues and concerns you had during your stay. We look forward to the opportunity to serve your lodging needs in the future.
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed July 12, 2013

The room was clean and the service was great. Karen attended our needs with a friendly attitude. We checked in after going to warped tour and walked into a lobby that was full of smiles. Karen happily attended some special needs such as more shampoo and towels. She was very sincere and polite. Never expected such great service for such a great value. I would recommend staying here to anyone.

Room Tip: Great value. You may get a cheaper quote online.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your most recent experience. I am very glad to know that Karen gave you excellent service during your stay. I will be sure to share your comments with Karen and the rest of my staff.
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and look forward to your next stay with us.
Culpeper
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Decent, well-priced hotel. I paid roughly $70 a night with taxes and all the fees. I wouldn't pay much more than this, though. Clean room and comfortable bed! Everything was updated and nice. Good working areas. I had a King room. The room smelled musky at first impression, but no different than other hotels. Not much in means of available tv channels.

I was here for business, and had to leave each evening because the WIFI was terrible. I could not get anything done due to being disconnected and the slow speed. It was frustrating. I called the number given to call, but I was assured it was moving at full speed. Trust me, it was not. It took minutes to open some of my files, only to then be disconnected and have to try again. I went to starbucks and barnes and noble and got the job done.

My only qualms are the same folks (I was there for several days) loitering around the parking lot smoking and each time I went into the front office, they were sitting in the chairs talking to what I assumed was housekeeping. One even continued to talk a bit while I was there. I didn't like that, but we are all human.

Overall, though, I would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the updated rooms. I regret that you had problems with the internet. I will notify our provider to insure this is not an ongoing issue.
Thanks again for staying with us, we hope you will spend time with us again in the near future.
Northern Virgina
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Did not feel safe at check in. Our room faced Old Greenbriar Road and the hotel had a lot of locals hanging out in front of rooms and in the parking lot. There were not any other cars in the lot but ours. The hotels around the RRI were packed with families. My husband, children and I felt very unsafe so we checked out 20 minutes after we checked in. The on duty front desk staff did not have a problem with our departure after 20 mins.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank 703Mom
Red-Roof-Inn-Manager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chesapeake Conference Center, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear 703 Mom,
We regret that your first impression in our parkinglot prevented you from staying with us. Our parkinglot is often empty during the afternoon on the weekends as guests are busy visiting the beach and local attractions during that time. We sell out most weekends, so we are generally packed later in the evening.
I am sorry you were unable to stay with us.
Best wishes for your future travels.
Chapel Hill
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Great renovations at this Red Roof Inn! All the newly renovated Red Roof Inns are terrific and this is no exception. I received good service at the front desk, and my room was immaculate. This hotel is also in a great location - many restaurants and stores within a mile. I always look for a Red Roof Inn when I travel because of their good prices and most properties are newly renovated in past few years. Thanks for the great value!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Red-Roof-Inn-Manager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chesapeake Conference Center, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Guest,
We really appreciate you taking the time to share your most recent visit with us. We are always glad to hear positive comments about our staff and the renovated property.
Our goal is for all of our guests to have a positive experience.
We look forward to you staying with us on your next visit to the area.
Thanks again for sharing your stay with others.