“Good Home Cooking”
Review of Cotton Southern Bistro - CLOSED

Cotton Southern Bistro
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Just as cotton is comfortable to wear, Cotton Southern Bistro seeks to bring comfort back to dining. Cotton wants to offer traditional southern/regional cuisine by using familiar recipes and fresh “farm to table” ingredients in a comfortable and family friendly setting. Upon entering the focus is on our market boards with the fresh fare of the week. These specials will be ever changing with the season and availability in order to celebrate our extraordinary region and wonderful cuisine. Our staff has been trained to offer friendly and attentive service, and our menu will be prepared on premise by our chefs led by Executive Chef Jeff Brown. We look forward to spending time with your family and thank you for your support.
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This was our second time to dine at this restaurant. We tried one of the specials which was a pot roast dish with potatoes, corn, and onions. It was a lot to eat and was very good.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We love this place. It's one of my hubby's favorites. He travels out of the country and he always wants this to be the first place he visits when he comes home. It's rare that we have to wait for a table and are usually seated immediately. We like that there are so many sides to choose from and the daily specials. Our favorites are Shrimp and Grits, Country Fried Stake and NC BBQ. The fried pickles are also a favorite :-)

Reviewed November 28, 2013

We regularly eat here so we've tried a few different food choices. I am not a burger person, but tried the classic on Monday night half-off burger night, I was sold; it was awesome. Also home made chicken and dumplings, and country sides are scrumptious; collards, sweet potato mash etc. usually eat at the bar, and bar staff are great. There is no other place like is in Hampton Roads.

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

My family and I have been several times to this restaurant. It is just ok. The seating area is kinda cafeteria like. Sometimes there is a wait and there are barely any guests. The food is ok but very salty. The best thing on the menu are the smoker chips and sauted green beans. We only go here is we are desperate.

1  Thank ndsisve1976
jsuperjeff, Owner at Cotton Southern Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Thank you for your input, We really do try to learn from all reviews. In the future maybe a few suggestions to make your visit more pleasant. 1- Ask for you food to be prepared with less salt, We prepare everything fresh and can control seasoning to order. Some reviews think our food is bland, some too salty. We try to find a happy ground in between. 2-to avoid a wait, call ahead for a reservation, we will get you right down. 3- If you ever feel like you have some insight, ask to speak to a manager or myself, we want you to have a great time! 4th- Try something new! Ask whats special today, or check out our boards. I hope this helps and we look forward to your next feeling of desperation so we can serve you again.-Jeff

Reviewed November 16, 2013

First let me start by saying the staff was extremely pleasant and polite. That unfortunately is the only positive about the experience. We live five minutes from the restaurant and finally decided to give it a try. The wait from seating to serve was about 1 hour. We were in good company so that was no issue. The food was flat out aweful!! My table returned the pork medallion meal as it was spoiled. Two of us tried to swallow a bite and could'nt. Another ordered the yard bird and could not eat a bite as it was raw. I ordered the 14 oz N.Y strip. It was cooked to right temperature, but was tough poor tasting and maybe a 10 oz steak like you would get at food lion. We as a table decided to nicely send back all three entree's with each having 1 small bite taken. The manager was apologetic and pleasant and then gave us a bill for $40 for what turned out to be water a couple fountain drinks and bisquits. Look I dont typically write reviews, but this was the worst dinner experience I've had in my life. You can understand 1 meal having an issue not all 3. Do yourselves a favor and dont get sucked in by the coupons and groupons for this establishment as you will find out why they use these promotions as much as they do. Plain and simple the food is horrible!

1  Thank fred J