“Awesome food”
Review of Cotton Southern Bistro - CLOSED

Cotton Southern Bistro
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Just as cotton is comfortable to wear, Cotton Southern Bistro seeks to bring comfort back to dining. Cotton wants to offer traditional southern/regional cuisine by using familiar recipes and fresh “farm to table” ingredients in a comfortable and family friendly setting. Upon entering the focus is on our market boards with the fresh fare of the week. These specials will be ever changing with the season and availability in order to celebrate our extraordinary region and wonderful cuisine. Our staff has been trained to offer friendly and attentive service, and our menu will be prepared on premise by our chefs led by Executive Chef Jeff Brown. We look forward to spending time with your family and thank you for your support.
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Great food. Great service. Greeted enthusiastically upon entering. Seated right away. Our server, Andrew was very pleasant and knowledgeable, Management circulated throughout the restaurant the entire time, refilling drinks, asking how everything was, etc. We will definitely be returning.

There are newer reviews for Cotton Southern Bistro

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Let me start by saying my husband and I used to really enjoy this restaurant. You know your experience is not going to be good when seated for 10 minutes with no acknowledgement from the wait staff. Nothing ruins a date night more by starting out with bad service. There was 4 tables with customers, so what's the problem?

The food was wonderful as usual, and the portions plentiful. But their new computer system I-Pad ordering was the culprit. My husbands salad came 2 minutes before the entree, so what do you do? Let your entree get cold while not being able to enjoy your salad? The manager "not Jeff" was very apologetic when he came to our table when asking how things were.

Don't know if we'll be back, I would hate to see them with the new system on a Friday night when the place should be packed.

1  Thank jleetrip1
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Everything about this place is bad. Service, food, management owner....HORRIBLE! Can't believe they are still open. The owner has an anger management problem! Do not waste your money!!!!

2  Thank Stephanie L
Reviewed October 30, 2013

The service was very poor. It took a very long time to get our food, and there were not even but a few people in the restaurant. We went on a Monday around noon, and they stated that they were out of wings when we tried to get an appetizer. The prices seemed a bit high for the amount of food that you get, and the food wasnt even that good. The sides were listed on the board which was a little difficult to read. I came with a grouon, and they still charged my debit card for the meal. I called to ask why this happen, and the woman that answered was very rude, and stated that I would need to contact my bank for this. I asked why it was swiped in the first place for the amount of the food, when it should have only been swiped for the tax and she just said she didnt know maybe she didnt know you had a groupon. I then stated that she knew about the groupon as soon as we sat down, and she offered no assistance what so ever to try to rectify the situation. I am very disapointed in the whole experience!

2  Thank Melissa J
Reviewed October 29, 2013

My husband and I were looking forward to this southern style eatery, but could not make it happen until recently. I am a foodie and love great southern food and the menu contained many of our favorites. We went on a Sunday afternoon, late, but, not late enough for the dinner specials to be posted on the board. When we asked if the server knew what they were she said she didn't know yet, but they would be posted in a half hour. We asked if she would check so we could decide if we wanted to just have a drink and an appetizer then order from the specials or order straight from the menu. When she came back she said she could not find out. Seemed funny that the specials were to be put on the board within a half hour, but no one could say what they would be. The service was adequate and polite.
The food was not as good as I expected, especially with a farm to table chef in charge of the preparations. I ordered the fried chicken, macaroni and cheese and coleslaw. The chicken was crispy and juicy and the slaw average. But, the mac and cheese was horrible. It was about the worst I've experienced save the KFC offering. I even joked to my husband that it could have been a boxed variety except that the macaroni were not skinny enough. I had anticipated a nice rich and cheesy custard style with a golden browned cheese crust on top. It was more like a bland watery cheese sauce with some barely done macaroni. I left a lot of both my side options which is rare. Even when I can't finish my meal I will ask to get a to-go box. My husband had some good fried fish, but they were out of 2 of his first choice of side dishes. How can you be out of side dishes before dinner even starts? He chose a couple that were good, just not his favorites. All in all we would go back if the opportunity would present itself, but wouldn't go out of our way based on our first visit. Too bad because there really aren't any good southern style restaurants in the area. I see a Groupon offering a deal, so maybe it would be a good way to try again.