“Horrible”
Review of Cotton Southern Bistro - CLOSED

Cotton Southern Bistro
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Just as cotton is comfortable to wear, Cotton Southern Bistro seeks to bring comfort back to dining. Cotton wants to offer traditional southern/regional cuisine by using familiar recipes and fresh “farm to table” ingredients in a comfortable and family friendly setting. Upon entering the focus is on our market boards with the fresh fare of the week. These specials will be ever changing with the season and availability in order to celebrate our extraordinary region and wonderful cuisine. Our staff has been trained to offer friendly and attentive service, and our menu will be prepared on premise by our chefs led by Executive Chef Jeff Brown. We look forward to spending time with your family and thank you for your support.
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Everything about this place is bad. Service, food, management owner....HORRIBLE! Can't believe they are still open. The owner has an anger management problem! Do not waste your money!!!!

2  Thank Stephanie L

Reviewed October 30, 2013

The service was very poor. It took a very long time to get our food, and there were not even but a few people in the restaurant. We went on a Monday around noon, and they stated that they were out of wings when we tried to get an appetizer. The prices seemed a bit high for the amount of food that you get, and the food wasnt even that good. The sides were listed on the board which was a little difficult to read. I came with a grouon, and they still charged my debit card for the meal. I called to ask why this happen, and the woman that answered was very rude, and stated that I would need to contact my bank for this. I asked why it was swiped in the first place for the amount of the food, when it should have only been swiped for the tax and she just said she didnt know maybe she didnt know you had a groupon. I then stated that she knew about the groupon as soon as we sat down, and she offered no assistance what so ever to try to rectify the situation. I am very disapointed in the whole experience!

2  Thank Melissa J
Reviewed October 29, 2013

My husband and I were looking forward to this southern style eatery, but could not make it happen until recently. I am a foodie and love great southern food and the menu contained many of our favorites. We went on a Sunday afternoon, late, but, not late enough for the dinner specials to be posted on the board. When we asked if the server knew what they were she said she didn't know yet, but they would be posted in a half hour. We asked if she would check so we could decide if we wanted to just have a drink and an appetizer then order from the specials or order straight from the menu. When she came back she said she could not find out. Seemed funny that the specials were to be put on the board within a half hour, but no one could say what they would be. The service was adequate and polite.
The food was not as good as I expected, especially with a farm to table chef in charge of the preparations. I ordered the fried chicken, macaroni and cheese and coleslaw. The chicken was crispy and juicy and the slaw average. But, the mac and cheese was horrible. It was about the worst I've experienced save the KFC offering. I even joked to my husband that it could have been a boxed variety except that the macaroni were not skinny enough. I had anticipated a nice rich and cheesy custard style with a golden browned cheese crust on top. It was more like a bland watery cheese sauce with some barely done macaroni. I left a lot of both my side options which is rare. Even when I can't finish my meal I will ask to get a to-go box. My husband had some good fried fish, but they were out of 2 of his first choice of side dishes. How can you be out of side dishes before dinner even starts? He chose a couple that were good, just not his favorites. All in all we would go back if the opportunity would present itself, but wouldn't go out of our way based on our first visit. Too bad because there really aren't any good southern style restaurants in the area. I see a Groupon offering a deal, so maybe it would be a good way to try again.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

We went to check out the restaurant with my co-worker and was pleasantly surprised. A nice location, clean restaurant, friendly atmosphere, excellent service and great food!

I like local restaurant and supporting locals as they strive hard and do the best that they can to exceed customer's expectations...in this case, satisfy customer's palate. Great food and delicious tacos and beans though a little, just a little spicy for me (but perfect for my co-worker), they replaced it with whatever sides I prefer. Awesome service Jeff and the server!!!
And to end our delicious meal with a scrumptious dessert - key lime pie!!! It is so heavenly.

Everything is made from scratch and this makes the difference. Will highly recommend and will definitely come back. Please try it out and you will never be disappointed. THUMBS UP to all the servers, Jeff and Regan!!!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

This restaurant is the closest to my home so I have tried 2 different times to like it however, the service is slow and the food is awful. I love the menu choices, they are truly southern in name only. It is bland and tastes like it is from a can.T There is a good reason they have to offer so many specials and coupons. Again, I have tried 2 different times and both menu choices have not been quality dishes. On the up side if you are hungry enough and have a coupon its a good deal.

2  Thank Vicki M