“One one flaw otherwise-EXCELLENT!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Studios 4 Less

Studios 4 Less
Ranked #38 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Haughton, Louisiana
“One one flaw otherwise-EXCELLENT!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

My family and i were in town for a wedding. We occupied 4 rooms during our stay. Some of us stayed 7 nights, others flew in on the weekend but we all stayed in the hotel.
EVERY staff person in the hotel was outsstanding. They always greeted you with a smile and a friendly; "hello". The rooms were exceptionally clean and fully loaded. HOuselkeeping came everyday and did a wonderful job; HOWEVER, there was only one problem with the stay. For some reason my housekeeper switched out towels one day, but every day there after the dirty towels were left in the room. We recieved a new set of clean towels, but they would never take the old ones. After 2 days I spoke with the front desk-it did not change. After 3 days the put remarks on our account (i guess for housekeeping to be sure to get the towels)-NOTHING CHANGED. After that I started dumping them in the halls. I did not like doing that but the towels were then taken care of. I would pile them in the rooom or in the bathroom everyday but they just wouldnt pick them up.
Other than that, this is a wonderful hotel in a lovely location (lots of food, walmart and small shopping centers right down the road). Great breakfast bar, pet friendly, child friendly, wifi and 3 computers in the lobby-1 STEP FROM OUTSTANDING. You'll love this place!

Room Tip: 2 bedroom suites are nice, the other rooms look a little small but all the rooms were wonderful. The...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank cmac1177

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Terrible customer service and very rude people who lie. I called and was told they had a room available. Drove there to check in and was told to leave the premises immediatly that they had no room or reservation for me. I asked to speak to a manager and was told there was no manager. When I asked again I was told to get out they didnt want my business anyway. The person that claimed to be the manager then told me I should check into a mental hospital because I was crazy. I had stayed her before when it was a marriot but it is NOT a marriot name and it has fallen apart. Outside has shadey looking people around. Be ware if you stay or attempt to stay here. There is also no pool or breakfast anymore.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank love2playflute
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2012

Stayed one night during a business trip. Was upgraded from a studio to a one bedroom suite, and was very pleased with the arrangement. The bedroom was well appointed with a very comfortable bed and pillows. The living room area was huge and had two work surfaces with internet connectivity and phones. The kitchenette was good size and the entire suite was very clean. As is the case at other TownePlace Suites, the staff was very inviting, knew the area, and provided clear directions to restaurants and shopping. This was my first experience at a TownePlace property, and because of the great result, I have stayed at other locations of theirs in my travels.

This is a great place to stay on business or pleasure. I highly recommend giving this property a try if in the area.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2011

Stayed in the studio suite and it was clean, nice and comfortable. Bathroom was a good size. Kitchen was well equiped with dishes and utensils. Studio suite is perfect for 2 people. Staff was nice. Good location - close to tons of restaurants, the mall, and about 15 minutes to Norfolk. Highly recommend if you are looking for a suite with a kitchen.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Greensboro, NC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2011

Was disappointed in our recent stay...the outside of the hotel looks nice, but the room and interior corridors looked like Marriott had bought an old apartment building, changed the carpet and put their name on it. The bed was not comfortable and curtains looked like they were barely hanging up. The 'lobby' is where breakfast is served - no chairs, just meant to grab a breakfast bar and take it back to your room. I would never stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank tolbert89
Green Bay
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

Stayed for one night on our way to the Outer Banks. We stayed in a two bedroom suite which was fantastic! We had so much room!

Utilized the pool and although small, it met our four year old nephew's needs. I used the workout room in the morning. One treadmill, one elliptical, and some free weights, but it did the job.

The breakfast was a typical continental breakfast and was a welcome touch.

The staff was exceptionally friendly and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank sacci
Lewes, Delaware
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2011

TownePlace Suites are the value hotel of Marriott. Our stay at the TownePlace Chesapeake was as expected. Good value...clean room....complementary cold breakfast...satisfactory service. The location has brand new fitness equipment in the fitness room. The property is conveniently located across the interstate from the Greenbrier Mall area which has numerous chain restaurants from which to choose. I've read over preivious reviews and can say that we did not experience any of the issues mentioned. I'd recommend this hotel for what it is - good solid value hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family