“Nice homely eatery”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Richardson, Texas
“Nice homely eatery”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I went there twice with a friend. The first time was the trial, the second was a return to enjoy their food once again. It's a small place tucked away in a strip mall. Clean, nicely decorated and family owned and run (I think). Service was personal and courteous. The gentleman helped us with making the right choices for our order and gave us his own recommendations based on our liking. Food was ready without a long wait and was fresh and delicious.

I'll definitely go there again if I'm in the area.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank DocMoMan

• Turkish first
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Small but delicious”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This small strip-mall joint serves up surprisingly delicious fare. Don't miss the homemade bourek, a to-die-for spinch-and-cheese-filled flaky pastry. A large portion costs only $3. The stuffed grape leaves are flavorful and lemony, and served warm. The Iskender plate is a huge portion of beef doner, pita bread, tomato sauce, yogurt and fragrant rice. All highly recommended. The large chicken shish kebab sandwich is okay, not outstanding, although the accompanying yogurt sauce is especially yummy. We finished off our meal with Turkish coffee and a generous portion of flaky baklava containing a nice balance of honey and nuts and phyllo. Despite the counter service and small dining room, we received gracious service, and our meal was served on real dishes, not plastic. We'll definitely be returning.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank DebN860
Richmond Hill, Georgia
“Great Food”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I found this restaurant on the Yahoo search page under Meditterean cuisine. This family owned establishment represents the turkish culture quite well. The dining area was very clean and inviting. I ordered the Chicken Plate (salad, 2 skewers of grilled chicken, cup of rice with a special sauce, grilled tomato & onion), Beef Donar (Turkish Gyro - lettuce, tomato, onions, yogurt sauce), Stuffed Grape leaves, and hot turkish tea. Osman the owner was very pleasant and ensures that my order was to my liking. The food was ver tastful and delicious. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Yardman71
Tampa, Florida
“adorable staff !”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

OMG, I luv this place; its dirt cheap and they don't mind if you just drink water.....

the female counter staff is adorable and will even bring your food to the table; though its technically a "fast-food" set up/ ie counter service....but usually they'll run it right out to you....

very hospitable.....try some of their Turkish chocolate and other treats......

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank tampabayasian
Juneau, Alaska
“Amazing”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I found this place by accident, and I'm so glad I did. The food is absolutely delicous, the cozy little atmosphere is very enjoyable, and the workers are very friendly. It's all very authentic. The prices are right, and as an added bonus their portion sizes are huge. I definitely recommend the red lentil soup. I've also tried the Iskender Plate, stuffed grape leaves, and the borek. They were all so great! You can't really go wrong. Also, the Turkish tea is free and the perfect combination to their lovely meals.

They are closed on Sunday.

• Visited August 2012