“Extremely Clean, Employees are Friendly”

WoodSpring Suites Chesapeake-Norfolk South
Ranked #18 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Extremely Clean, Employees are Friendly”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Thank you Sagar, Brandon and the rest of the staff. You guys were amazing. The place was clean, the location felt safe. I did not feel as if there were shady guests at all. The room and the bathroom were spotless My only complaint was that my bill said one thing, and I was actually charged about $10 more. I believe that it was a mistake, but It's probably not worth my time to pursue. I would highly recommend taking an inventory of the items and their condition as soon as you get your key upon check-in, and then have a walk-through done with a staff member upon check-out. That way, you will minimize any surprises. I received my entire deposit back with absolutely no fuss. I would definitely stay here again and will seek Value Place out if I am in need of a place to stay on the road. I have recommended VP to a family member who made need this kind of extended stay place in the event of an emergency situation. The laundry room is ample and clean. Did I mention that the rates were outstanding if you want a clean room but you are not a high maintenance guest? Just don't expect five star amenities. Brandon and Sagar, I hope that you get promotions and raises!

Room Tip: I would recommend that you NOT stay on the 1st floor because the headlights will shine through your...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank swaregirl
WoodSpringHotels, Public Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Chesapeake-Norfolk South, responded to this review, May 18, 2016
We are thrilled to hear our staff exceeded all of your expectations during your stay with us. Thank you for your feedback and hope you have stayed with WoodSpring Hotels again, and continue to do so.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed May 27, 2014

i was staying at the battlefield location and 2 of the people working there ( sagar and brandon ) were awesome very helpful and great conversation . they were very helpful i lost my card one time and had a new one from sagar within 5 mins great quiet place friendly people

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank jeff b
Thanks, Jeff, for your review. We are glad our staff made your stay enjoyable.
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

The most friendly people and good service clean place good rates. Fast and friendly service. Great place to stay. The most for your money. Doesn't cost a fortune. Extra amenities available at good prices.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Joe K
Thank you for your review! We are glad our hotel was a great solution for your stay.
Chesapeake
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I have been staying at Value Place for over 2 months. I have been so pleasantly surprised by Value Place. It is so nice to have a stove and full refrigerator rather than just a microwave. The facility is immaculate and quiet. I have not experienced any drama which makes me very comfortable. Teri and Laura have been especially courteous attentive and going above and beyond to assist me when I have needed it. All of the staff seeks to find out if you need anything. I will be here another month! Definitely worth the value! Kudos !!!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Jamesscott11
Thank you, James, for staying with WoodSpring Hotels and sharing your experience. We hope to see you again.
Newport Beach, California
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I spent 2 weeks at this Value Place and I absolutely enjoyed it. The staff was very friendly and the room was so ridiculously clean and well maintained that I was SHOCKED. And I stay at 4 and 5 star hotels mostly. This was my first time at a Value Place and I was apprehensive.

Room Tip: Get 2 beds or a bed and a sleeper sofa because the beds are kind of small, especially if there are 2...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Rick F
We are happy to hear during your extended stay with us, you were pleasantly surprised. That is always our goal. Thank you, Rick.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I'm in week #9 of my stay here and they just, this past week, upgraded the internet. And when I say upgraded I mean UPGRADED. I've now had it for a few days and I can honestly say this is the fastest internet you will find in any hotel and probably faster than 99% of you have at home. They also added wi-fi now and it's blazing fast as well. Just to give you an idea of the speed:

Wired:
Before: 150ms+ ping, 1mbps download, .05mbs upload
After: 15ms ping, 43mbps download, 6mbps upload

Wireless:
Before: N/A
After: 34ms ping, 11.62mbps download, 4.78mbps upload

As you can see this is near FIOS speeds, if not faster than FIOS in some cases, so the weakness I mentioned before about avoid staying here if you are an internet junkie has now been turned into a plus.

The only other main issue now is the bed. They are in the process of upgrading their beds but honestly I don't think the bed is as bad as I made it out to be when I first got here. I think my back mostly hurt from sitting in the actual computer chair. Or perhaps the fact I spent $50 at Kohls and got a foam mattress support alleviated it. Either way I don't have any issues with the beds anymore.

There is no reason for anyone to stay anywhere else than this place now in my opinion. It's by far the best value you are going to get for your money. I can wholeheartedly recommend it and if I am back in this area it will be the first place I go to make my reservation.

And yes, the $9.95 per week now for internet if really worth it now. And I really appreciate the fact that management took my (and other customers complaints) about the internet and lack of wi-fi seriously and rectified the problem. That shows they LISTEN to their customers and that's fantastic in this day and age! Great job Value Place!!

Room Tip: Go for third floor away from the elevator.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank shaunh20
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Chesapeake-Norfolk South, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
I am so pleased that you are enjoying our new high speed internet! We are upgrading most of our properties this summer. We do listen to our guests and try to provide them the best service possible. I really hope you consider Value Place as your lodging provider in all of your future travels.
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My husband and I checked in to this location last Tuesday and the staff was helpful. The room was clean and it was pretty quiet. I felt safe. Overall it's a nice place to stay temporarily (maybe 1 or 2 weeks if you must) but can get pricey. The only negative in my opinion was the $100 deposit charged to my debit card during check-in that was refunded and still has not posted in my account yet. I was under the impression that it would be posted directly back to my account upon check out but was advised by Value Place staff that it's my bank and not them. So apparently I need to wait 3-5 business days to see my deposit refunded. Such BS in my opinion that a $100 deposit needed to even be charged in the first place.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank sc0rpio2105
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Chesapeake-Norfolk South, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I understand your frustration about the deposit. We are required to refund the deposit in the same currency we collected it. Unfortunately with debit and credit cards that means that it can take 3 - 5 business days for the money to actually show up. We process the refund right away but the credit card company takes several additional days to process it.