“Hotel is making needless copies of credit cards”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #23 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Glen Burnie, Maryland
“Hotel is making needless copies of credit cards”
Reviewed October 30, 2010

Notified Comfort Inn Corporate 2 times to let them know this was going on, no response yet (over 2 weeks) so I am trying to warn others. When I checked in they charged my credit card (no problems) and then they then went into the corner and made a copy of my credit card in one of the older type credit card machines, the kind that has a carbon. When I pressed them for info they said "It's fine, it is for our records." I told them that it was not fine, my credit card was already charged via their computer system and they had my personal information on their forms and that I do not authorize them to maintain a soft and hard copy of my credit card. They gave me the hard copy of my credit card. The hotel was fine but there is no reason to have my credit card in their computer and a separate physical copy in a file. I would have gone back (I go into the area once a month) and insist they not copy my CC but the lack of response from their corp' is disappointing.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Comfortinnandsuitesc, Webmaster at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with us during your last visit to our area.

We appreciate your review and really worry how the mess could happen.

Nevertheless, our heartfelt apologies for the inconveniences about the stay.

We have taken corrective measures to avoid such incidences in future which you can check and confirm.

Please do consider visiting the Comfort Inn again and have a new experience.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
TX
Reviewed August 7, 2010

Left camera/camcorder behind. Son called Jennifer and she told him to wait until someone turned it in. He told her exactly where it was in the room, but she kept insisting he needed to wait until housekeeping cleaned the rooms and see if they turned it in. What??? Why not secure item BEFORE you allow others an opportunity to take it?? Well she searched the wrong room, then said she would search the right room but that it now has a family occupying it. Later, Jennifer story changed and she said the room has not yet been occupied, but housekeeping has cleaned the [right] room and no camera/camcorder. BIG SURPRISE!! Asked from the beginning for Manager Matt Diamond to contact me. Five hours later still nothing and Jennifer refuses to provide information regarding who cleaned the room. Filed a police report. Called Matt Diamond and waited until he answered call; very agrumentative: Diamond "I searched the room and there was no camcorder" Reply; "yes, but you searched the wrong room." Diamond; 'well, you gave us the wrong room number!" Reply: "no we didn't, but besides, you have the hotel guest information on you computers, didn't you look at that to verify?" Diamond:" I have been on the floor the entire time with my staff, not once have they left, if you just shut up and get off the phone and call the police, they can talk to my employees while they are still here." Reply: "really, they have not left the premises for lunch or break and you have watched them ALL the entire time?" Hmmm sounds like there is either a wage and hour violation OR Diamond isn't being so truthful. . . . . Plus, hotel charged us daily for a security box that we never requested, they never told us about, and they certainly never gave us the code information--only found out about it at check out. On another note, we were present when a female traveler arrived with her small dog and asked to view a room before booking it. Front desk gave her key and when she returned, she declined the room because she said it was filthy. Matt Diamond notified her he was charging $25 to her credit card because she took her dog with her to view the room. She told Diamond that she would not authorize the charge and he said it didn't matter, he was doing it anyways. Note to Corporate Comfort Inn: you might want to consider another Manager who is not so caustic to your customers

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank InTheBizLA
Dear Guest,

Thanks for being at the ABVI St.Joseph and the review..

We have never received a similar complaint before, but regret your bad experience.

We have handled the issue with Matt Diamond.

The hotel staff has been fully trained and you will have a new experience next time.

We would request you to once again stay with us and get convinced.

Hotel Manager.
London
Reviewed February 19, 2010

This is one my best hotels i've been too, its so modern and update and the pool is so unbelievable.
Flat screen tv's in each room what more could you want, GREAT service and loads of activities for the young ones aswell
to sum it up Best holiday EVER!!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family