$133
Comfort Suites(Chesapeake)
$125
$129
Hyatt.com
All reviewsfront deskstay there againroom was spaciousenjoyed my staybreakfast baremployees
Reviewed June 12, 2017

I booked this room to be close to my parents and to attend an event the following morning. The check in process was great. I must say that customer service was the best part of this trip. When I went to my room (208), I found it to smell like socks, had ants, and an unclean night stand (looked like someone spilled a sweet drink on it). I asked to be moved by the same person who checked me in. He was quick and friendly and put me in room 209, which wasn't as smelly. In observing the room it looked clean on the surface but once I paid attention to the details, I could tell that the room had not had a detailed cleaning in quite some time. The furniture needed to be wiped and cleaned, the caret behind the bed and night stand was filthy ( had not been moved to be cleaned in a loooooong time) and I found the 'corners and edges' of the room and the entire hotel to be full of dust and crud. This place was quite nasty.

Room Tip: Stay if you like dirty rooms
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Tim513
Reviewed April 12, 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed the nice sized room and cleanliness. Reasonably priced and good service. Nice lobby with a good morning breakfast. Quiet ac/heating system. Very comfortable bed. Brooklyn Pizza (very good pizza) next door that delivers. Would definitely go again

Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2017

We had a client stay at this property for a few weeks. When I called to get a final bill and the front desk promptly placed me on hold . When they finally got back to me 6 minutes later and let them know I was calling for the final bill, the assistant general manager, responded in a rude tone and asked how many times was she going to have to send this to us. I let her know we had not received it, so that is why we were calling again. I let her know we were calling to request the final bill because we need it so we could pay them.

This type of attitude is unacceptable - I hope they are not providing the same kind of customer service to other clients.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank Oscar C
Reviewed March 12, 2017

My first interaction was with Teresa at the front desk. She was amazing and I felt like the stay got off to a good start. Unfortunately, the guests immediately over my room had other plans for my evening. I'm guessing that they had at least one child who ran and stomped back and forth from 6 PM to 11 PM. It was non stop. I gave them the benefit of the doubt that the child needed to burn off some energy. Fast forward to 7:30 AM and the stomping returned. I called the front desk and the desk clerk said that she would take care of it. The stomping continued but this time yelling was added. I complained again. Still no relief. The stomping continued until I left at 10 AM. When I left, I saw a housekeeper and asked that she stand in the room to verify that I wasn't making up the noise. She informed me that "everyone" was talking about the noise. I mentioned this again with the front desk clerk and she repeated that she talked to the guests. I guess she the thought of doing anything besides "talking" was not a part of the plan. Gee. Clomp. Clomp. Clomp. Clomp for hours on end is stressful. To add to all of this, the breakfast bar was not being properly tended. There was no milk!! Seriously. No milk. The hotel itself was clean and comfortable. The staff was benign when it came to addressing problems.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs.
  • Stayed: March 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed February 18, 2017

This stay was horrible. There was a huge dog (a weimaraner) running around the pool and barking and it was definitely over the weight limit for pets. When I laid down to sleep I noticed dry blood stained onto the beside phone and there was a hole in the bathroom door. And to top all of this off check-in was a nightmare that included them raising the nightly rate without telling me until after they swiped my card. I've stayed in other Choice Hotels in the area that are better, but I will never stay at this particular location again. It's also across the street from a strip club and next door to a sketchy pizzeria

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple