“"Impressed"”

Ranked #30 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Chesapeake, Virginia
“"Impressed"”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I visited Chesapeake area couple of weeks ago and pretty much everywhere was sold out so I decided to stay here at Sleep Inn despite the fact of the previous reviews. I was really impressed. The room was clean and refreshing. My room ac was turned on before I got there which was real nice cause it was super hot that day. Breakfast in the morning was good with different items. Staff was real helpful by printing directions for me. I would most definitely stay at Sleep Inn & Suites next time I visit the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Jennifer P, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Guest....

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Room looks painted, a/c doesn't look new, took a while to cool room, but stayed cool.
Toilet you had to flush many times, phone and a couple of lights did not work.
Breakfast lets just say coffee machine in lobby BROKEN, ice machine on 2nd floor broken,
No scrambled eggs, hard boiled, waffle machine took a while to make line, line of 8 people waiting. I spent over a 100 dollars for a 2.5 star, yeah so not worth it.
Staff was friendly though.

• Stayed July 2013
Jennifer P, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Jennifer Park
GM
Choice Hotels
Fort Lee, New Jersey
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I stay here over the weekend with my family. The place had be completely remodeled and it looks great! My room has brand new carpet, tiles, and nice new furniture. I usually visit this area few times a year due to family, I would definitely stay here next time. Price was good too. Front desk clerk and manager was really helpful and gave me good directions! Keep up the good job Sleep Inn! Thank you for. Great stay! See you next time!

Room Tip: Every room has been remodeled and my room was real nice. I'm sure all the room are the same. But...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Theresa F
Jennifer P, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Dear Guest....Thank you for taking the time from your busy day to write this review, it allows people to know what to expect from our property and the changes we made! I am so pleased that you are happy with the room condition and furnishings that we selected in our recent remodel! I will pass your kind words onto the entire staff about the great job that they are doing in the hotel! We look forward to seeing you in the future! Thanks you !!!!
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The front desk lady was very nice. The condition of the hotel is not her fault. We had booked this motel since it was near a funeral we were attending. The first room I went to the light in the bathroom was out. I was shown a 2nd room but due to the overall condition of the hotel I elected to cancel and leave. The carpet is extremely worn and the motel smells. Since we were two women traveling alone we didn't feel very safe. We left and went back 2 exits to a Hampton Inn which was clean and everthing worked.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 55butterfly
Portsmouth, Virginia, United States
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I am an employee at Sleep Inn & Suites and we value the input of both current and previous guests. I just want to inform everyone that Sleep Inn has heard the concerns of its guests and therefore we are currently under construction doing a remodel. By Spring of next year we will have a completely renovated building including updated rooms, new flooring, and redesigned amenities. We would be delighted to welcome everyone who was unhappy with us this past year to come back and try us again. Thank you for considering us and we hope to see you soon!

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank VA305
Lebanon, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My family and I came to Virginia to spend time with my parents and we chose to stay at this hotel. My room was very nice ... Breakfast was wonderful ... Definitly planning on going back to this hotel int he future ... The guy at the front desk was very nice and very helpful whenever I needed something he was willing to help ...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Erie, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I would never stay here again. The carpets were dirty the staff was not helpful. The room was average but found a bugs in there right before we left. Breakfast was minimal and not everything was available. The hotel was convenient to the highway. Pool was too warm to swim in and very small.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Denise J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chesapeake
Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Churchland Blvd.
Candlewood Suites Chesapeake/Suffolk
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#23 of 42 in Chesapeake
Extended Stay America - Chesapeake - Crossways Blvd.
Comfort Suites Suffolk-Chesapeake
Studios and Suites 4 Less Gum Road

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!