“Great place to stay”

Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd.
Ranked #1 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I had a king suite and the layout was wonderful for my 4 day business trip. Staff was great and helpful The breakfast very good and the breakfast staff welcomed me each morning with a smile. I will definitely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Clifford W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments. The studio suites are excellent for larger families and are a very reasonable upgrade from our standard rooms. The complimentary On The House breakfast makes for a great start in the morning before your family heads out to the many area attractions. Thank you for being our guest!

Reviewed March 31, 2014

I have stated at this hotel since it open back in 2008 and had always enjoyed it and have told a lot of people about it. out side of the condition of the room the hotel still looks nice and the staff always treat you like the guess that we were.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry you experienced any issues while staying with us. As you can see by the many reviews, our team prides itself on the cleanliness of the hotel. We have addressed your concerns with the Executive Housekeeper and have followed up with additional training for the room attendant. I do hope you will give us another try to show you the true caliber of our team in the future.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Not a bad place but didn't have any hot water one morning for a shower. But then any place can have an issue now & then. The staff was friendly and the hotel was clean. Parking was free and it's located fairly close to the airport.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Clifford W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

I am very sorry you experienced an issue with our hot water. No matter how well a building is maintained, an emergency repair can happen. As soon as we were able to get a plumber on site and get the replacement motor for the pump, we were able to restore service. While very unfortunate, we made the repair as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patronage and we look forward to your next stay when you can enjoy a nice hot shower!

Reviewed March 14, 2014

It's not always easy to get a room that comfortably fits a family of 5, but this does! We get a 2 Q room with a pull out couch & it has a huge common area!! Nice and clean. Pool, small fitness room and FREE big breakfast buffet in the morning! Kids love it! We stay here when we go to OBX and need a place close by the airport for the first night before our rental home is ready.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LorifromMA
Clifford W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay with us last summer. Our convenient location right off of I-64 coupled with many local dining and shopping choices makes our hotel the perfect place to stop for the night. The studio suites you mentioned will accommodate up to 6 in a king studio or 8 in a double-queen, with extra charges for rollaway beds. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you next year!

Reviewed March 7, 2014

I had a shaky experience on my first visit here, but the hotel management reached out right away to hear my input and make things right. I'm glad I gave them a second chance. The hotel is clean, beautiful, and in great condition. I travel to the area on business every other week, and this will be my new home away from home. The one oddity in my king suite was the placement of a motion sensor light switch outside the bathroom; probably not an issue for most people but a bit inconvenient if you're prone to taking longer showers (like me). Breakfast is on par with other Hampton Inns (certainly acceptable if you're going for price/convenience over quality). Highly recommend!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Clifford W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Thank you for giving us another chance! While we strive to make every stay as enjoyable as possible, sometimes things can go wrong. We reach out to any guest that may have had a negative experience and truly try to be proactive and remedy any situation so it will not reoccur. The motion detection switches are a part of the Hampton Inn Take Care program, designed to conserve electricity. However, we have heard that the light will shut off occasionally. We are looking into either removing them in that room type or replacing with ones that can be programmed for a longer period of time. If you frequently travel and are not a member, I encourage you to join HHonors to earn points and airline miles. Also, please reach out to our Sales Manager, Cara Clark, who may be able to offer a corporate rate for your company. Again, thank you for the second chance!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

New place with all the amenities. New fitness room. Large suites. Very accommodating staff. Decorated for Christmas. Better breakfast than one would Exocet.

The only drawback is the location: high traffic from highway commuters and the nearby shopping center.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank John W
Clifford W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. The holidays are always a festive time in the hotel and I’m glad you found everything above your expectations. Our location in one of the things most guests really like about our hotel. We are right off I-64 and close to many major connectors to travel throughout the state and to the Outer Banks. While there can be a lot of traffic depending on time of day, it generally doesn’t interfere with guests accessing the building and we seldom have any noise complaints. We hope to see you again next year!

Reviewed February 11, 2014

What can I say? The staff was great, the room was excellent and the breakfast was delicious! We stayed there recently for my aunt's wedding. We had the rehearsal dinner at the hotel(family cooked), but the staff was very helpful. The rooms were nice, comfortable and very clean. We will always stay here when traveling to Virginia.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Clifford W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Thank you for your review. It’s always great to read when our team really exceeds the guest’s expectations. The Hampton Inn “On The House Hot Breakfast” has undergone some changes and we now offer better products and new additions to the selections. Our team works hard to provide the best in service and accommodations and I’m pleased your stay was no exception. We loved having your group with us and I remember walking the hall that evening thinking how incredible it all smelled! Our entire team wishes them well in their new life together and we look forward to having you as our guest the next time you come to visit.