Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd.
Ranked #1 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Petersburg, Virginia
“Excellent!”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Very friendly staff and professional! Clean, great breakfast and wonderful atmosphere. I would recommend. Close distance to restaurants and Walmart/Sams club. Breakfast included omlets, cereal, muffins, fruit, etc...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sally C
Clifford W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd., responded to this review, July 11, 2013
We appreciate your feedback! Our hotel is conveniently located near several restaurants and shopping and we are just off I-64. Stay tuned to our website; we will be offering a shopping package with a gift card to Greenbrier Mall in the near future. From the On the House Complimentary Continental Breakfast, to our team that works hard to make every guest has an enjoyable stay, it’s our pleasure to have you as our guest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed July 2, 2013

This is a nice although a bit pricey hotel. We had a regular room with 2 queens and it was pretty spacious. The beds are covered with a fluffy comforter whose duvet is reportedly laundered daily. The elevators have this service boldly posted on the doors which I thought was a little odd but nice to know. We discovered that the comforters are rather warm to sleep under in the summer and I had to get up several times at night to turn down the thermostat. We found that 70F was a good sleeping temp with those covers. Perhaps the hotel should switch to thinner ones in the summer to save on energy costs. The bathroom was a nice size and had a lovely sink with lots of counter room within a piece of furniture. The tub/shower had a flaw in that when the water flowed from the tub faucet it would close the drain cover by the pressure of the water falling on it. You have to lift it up once you turn on the shower otherwise the tub fills up when you shower (as my son discovered). The room was quiet (we were on the top floor facing an adjoining building) which was my stated preference with my Hilton membership profile. I really appreciated the lack of noise. I've stayed at so many other hotels where everyone is noisy on a Saturday night. Breakfast was ok. They had hot oatmeal (a bit gelatinous), scrambled eggs, turkey sausage, make-your-own waffles (very messy), fruit, dry cereals, pastries, coffee, juice. I encountered a problem with the breakfast trash upon finishing eating. Both trash cans were overflowing and I had no where to toss my trash. I first asked the check-in clerk who was posted near one of the full cans. She shrugged and said to talk to the breakfast manager. When I found him, he appeared to be stressed and told me to wait until he had time to deal with the trash. Really? The check-in clerk could have helped out but stayed behind her desk and watched the scenario. The breakfast manager should have apologized and taken my trash. Neither performed satisfactorily in my opinion. I didn't invoke the 100% guarantee, however. Maybe I should have but the stay was good otherwise.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Clifford W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd., responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience. Our team works hard to provide the best in service and accommodations and we welcome feedback if we miss the mark a bit.
Our comforters are a major part of the Cloud 9 bedding package developed exclusively for Hampton Inn several years ago. Several brands and style were tested in sample hotels and this is the best one selected. The elevator wraps are a way to let everyone know they are changed and laundered after each guest departs so you are always assured of the cleanliness. I realize they can be a little warm in the summer, but they are great to snuggle under in winter!
I’m very disappointed to her of any challenges in our breakfast area. The On the House Hot Breakfast is usually very well maintained, stocked and clean. I will make sure to address your concerns with the person you referenced as well as the team in general so we are taking better care of that area.
We hope to see you on your next visit to the area!
United States
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Entrance from Battlefield Parkway could be better marked, room was great-just as expected, breakfast quality was excellent, wide variety of items-both hot and cold, well insulated for sound reduction, very convenient to shopping and dining

1 Thank William K
I apologize for any challenges locating our entrance. Unfortunately, due to city codes, we are unable to add any additional signage out front. Our Complimentary On The House Continental breakfast is always a hit and who doesn’t love the smell of fresh made waffles?! I’m pleased you enjoyed your experience in our hotel.
Great Falls, United States
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Excellent decor, extremely comfortable beds. Breakfast provided exceeded expectations. the gym was fantastic- new machines, nicely spaced- not crammed. Must have newly renovated- decor hip and chic. Very clean, quiet at night, air conditioning worked very well. Bathroom also updated and very modern and clean.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Clifford W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd., responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments with others. From Housekeeping to Maintenance, Breakfast to the Front Desk, our team works hard to keep the building amenities top notch and the service above the level of expectations. I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you as a return guest.
Fort Washington, United States
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I love this Hampton Inn and come back time and time again. The receptionist are great. Brandy was mine on this trip. She was perfect. The hotel is within walking distance of Friday's and the Golden Corral as well as several shopping areas. The pool is always in great working condition. The breakfast is free and very nice. Thank you Hampton Inn.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your comments about Brandy. She always has a smile and goes above and beyond in taking care of our guests. I’m glad to read that you had a great stay with us and I’ll be sure to pass your comments on to Brandy and the rest of the desk team.
Chincoteague Island, Virginia
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We like staying at Hampton Inn. This was a very clean and well kept facility. Nice pool and hot tub. Stayed on the top floor(fifth) which is always a plus as it eliminates those little noise makers that we have at sometime all had above us. It was easy access to the Cajun festival in downtown Norfolk. Breakfast was a normal Hampton breakfast, which is typically three and one half stars and is FREE! Definitely will be a repeat customer if we are in the area again.

Room Tip: The double queen suite is great for those with four travelers!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay! Our team works hard to provide the very best in service and accommodations. From the crystal clear indoor heated pool to the complimentary On The House Hot Breakfast, we love having you here!
Gainesville, VA
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Lovely hotel with comfortable beds and pillows and fluffy soft towels. The room was very clean and nicely decorated and quite large. Now for the downside: A/C unit is a little loud and right next to the bed, so will blow on you all night if you don't use one of the fluffy towels to block it! The hot complimentary breakfast was disappointing. The omelettes and eggs had a spongy consistency, were tasteless and not even hot! The French toast sticks were gross and the sausage patties undercooked (or I guess under heated since they were probably precooked to begin with). Rounding out the hot choices was oatmeal (not bad) and make-your-own waffles. There were many varieties of coffee to choose from and flavored creamers which was nice and necessary since the coffee could have dissolved a spoon! If you're a light breakfast eater, they did have muffins, Danish, yogurt, fresh fruit and cereal, so you won't exactly starve, but if you're travelling with a picky eater, as I was, it was disappointing.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Clifford W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd., responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with others. We welcome all feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve our service. I’m sorry you experienced an issue with our breakfast. This area is normally well received and I’m surprised there were several things wrong. I will make sure to touch base with our team in that area and follow up with additional training so we may improve service and quality. Again, thank you for your feedback!