“Clean and friendly”

Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd.
Ranked #2 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We brought the entire girls soccer team to the hotel for the weekend. Staff was super helpful and great to the whole team. Provided a banquet room for a team lunch and allowed us to order pizza and have team party in the lobby on Saturday night. Many dining choices nearby. Great location, very convenient to get to.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Clifford W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

We loved having your group in over the weekend and I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I’m sorry the meeting room wasn’t available for your gathering on Saturday, but I was here for the pizza party and it looked like the team all had a great time. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to having your group in again in the future!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

All was as it should be at the Hampton Inn and Suites for my business trip last week to Chesapeake VA. Breakfast was great. Robust Coffee was hot and got me started in the AM. Healthy oatmeal with dried fruit was tasty as were the veggie-omelets. Hope to stay there again on my next follow up visit.

Room Tip: Warm up the room, then shut off the heat pump.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Clifford W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

We are a perfect fit for business or leisure travelers and offer something to make either feel like a part of our Hampton family.

The 24 hour coffee bar is convenient and I love the “high octane” Robust coffee to start me up in the morning as well. The oatmeal station with a rotating selection of berries and nuts was added a few years ago to our breakfast standards and has been very well received. Look for more changes to the breakfast in all Hamptons coming later this year.

We look forward to having you as a guest once again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I stayed here because the outside looked promising and it was a convenient on and off to the interstate ramps and because I wanted to be near to the airport but not stay in Norfolk.
The staff was courteous, friendly and helpful, the room was in good condition and very clean.
All very much appreciated by this weary traveler.
There was 'some' noise at times, but nothing so prolonged and irritating that it disturbed my comfort, there are always going to be some kinds of sounds in the city and in the hotel which is full of guests arriving and departing their rooms.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank wavepainter7

We appreciate hearing the many reasons why people choose our hotel. Our team strives to provide the very best in service and accommodations and I’m pleased to hear your stay was no exception.

Our location provides very easy access to several connecting points and is located just off the interstate off ramp.

We try to provide an enjoyable environment for all of our guests, even when the hotel is at full capacity. We take any noise issues seriously and address them as soon as we are made aware. I'm pleased you didn't find any disturbance excessive.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

This is an excellent hotel that is very close to restaurants, shopping and travel. This was a business trip with multiple stops so the proximity to the interstate was a plus.The staff was great and the facility was top shelf.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Clifford W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

We love to hear when we hit it out of the park! I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. There are several restaurants within walking distance, plus our Suite Shop offers lite take-out options if you don’t feel like going out. Our location right off I-64 makes for easy hops to wherever your business travels may take you. I will pass your comments along to our entire team!

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Thanks to my occupation, I've had to stay in hotels about twice a week for almost 20 years. This was the nosiest three nights I've ever had, and while the hotel has no control over the guests, I feel the walls are either not soundproofed or noise comes in through the doors joining rooms. During my three nights, I got to hear coughing, snoring, phone calls, TV and sex with spanking and a fight. I did not complain to the staff; I decided to ride it out hoping it would end soon. I certainly didn't think every night of my stay would be a problem. The complimentary breakfast was inferior to what I've seen offered at other hotels. Instead of regular pork sausage, they served turkey sausage; no bacon. I don't recall what kind of eggs they had, but a woman working there told me she had regular scrambled eggs in the back if I wanted those. I accepted her offer but twice I pulled something stringy out of my mouth. I saw a waffle machine, but no pancakes. I did not see any fruit. There was no white bread for toast, just wheat and english muffin. The room, bed and facility in general are excellent. Staff was very courteous. This hotel would rate excellent if it provided a good nights sleep and a better breakfast.

Room Tip: Get a corner room; that way, you have to worry about only one noisy neighbor.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Clifford W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Noise issues are seldom a compliant in our hotel, and I am sorry you experienced an issue. While we can not control the behavior of our guests, we respect the right for all guests to enjoy their stay and would certainly have contacted any guest room making undue noise, and especially fighting, if you had made us aware. Hampton Inn as a brand dictates the breakfast meal options we are permitted to offer, and this is throughout more than 1900 hotels. Turkey sausage is one of those protein options and we rotate items daily to provide a variety for our guests. Pancakes are not an offered item at this time. Bacon is and does get offered in the rotation. Please watch for a personal email from me coming later today. Thank you for your feedback, I will definately share your experience with our team for additional training.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Good dependable service from Hampton Inn. Clean room, fast service, good breakfast was provided at a good price. There were several hotels in the area that I could choose but this seemed to be the best value overall. Check in staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Clifford W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Thank you for choosing our hotel when you were in Chesapeake. I’m pleased you found our hotel to be everything you come to expect with Hampton Inn. Our team works hard to maintain the best in service and quality and we are proud to be the #1 hotel in Chesapeake on Tripadvisor!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I recently stayed at this Hampton Inn in a King Suite. Front desk staff is friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and very spacious. Upon entry, there is a counter area with sink, mini-fridge, microwave, small coffee maker. Bathroom was large with a new toilet and curved shower rod for more space. The studio suite has a large living area with sofa, sofa table, chairs, and work desk area. A flat screen LCD tv swivels between living area and bed area. A lap-desk is also provided. Bedside, I was thrilled to see a small "power station" with extra outlets and two USB plugs that easily charged my iPhone and iPad. Wi-Fi is free, and Internet speed is fine. There was a large dressing area, plenty of wood hangers, and bright fluffy towels (4 sets). Toiletries were the standard Hampton brand, with shampoo, conditioner, lotion, mouthwash, and vanity set (q-tips, cotton balls) provided. The king bed was comfortable, with 4 pillows and soft, comfortable linens. I like that they provide a freshly laundered duvet for each guest. I was on the 5th floor, and it was very quiet. Breakfast was well-stocked with eggs, bacon, waffles, breads, cereal, oatmeal, fruit, juices, yogurts, and coffee. The room is a great value for the amenities and service. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank aeflynn
Clifford W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Our studio suites are very spacious and work well for guests with families or just those who like to spread out a bit more. The power stations are a new Hampton Inn standard, so you will find those now in all of our hotels. Keep watching the bathroom amenities; they will be changing to a brand name later this year! It’s great to hear that you found all of our services in top notch shape. Our entire team works hard to ensure the very best experience for our guests form both a product and service standpoint. I look forward to having you as a future guest when your travels bring you back to the area.