Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd.
Ranked #1 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
“Ok”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Nothing to rave about. No bar/ evening fare. Small indoor pool open late. Clean room. Overall meets the basics of what to expect from a hotel. Yawn.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Wyatt134
Clifford W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd., responded to this review, July 23, 2012
I’m sorry you only had an average stay with us! Our team works hard to ensure all guests experience clean and comfortable rooms and a good experience. Hampton Inn’s do not typically have a bar or restaurant, but there are some enjoyable restaurants/bars in the area and we are only a short hop to the excitement of the Virginia Beach Town Center or the many fantastic restaurants and clubs in Norfolk.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Fitchburg, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 4, 2012

This was one of the most exemplary hotel accommodation I have ever experienced. The staff were all courteous and geniunely helpful. There was a pleasant atmosphere and the interaction with the staff was extraordinary as they exemplified cheerful/happy contenance and were coordially responsive with daily greetings (good morning/evening... is there anything I can do or help you with). There was ample variety of breakfast items for selections, along with cheerful staff replenishing food. The hotel appearance is sparking clean and the rooms were well maintained with ample towels, toiletries, refrigerators, microwaves and wireless access in providing all our essential needs. The hotel was equipped with fitness area and swimming accommodation which we utilized. In addition the hotel location was accessible to malls, restaurants, post office, banks and other specialty stores. What made this an outstanding trip/travel had to do with cordial/friendly attitudes of the staff and superb furnishings within the hotel and the rooms. I look forward to our next trip/travel stay at the Hampton Inn - N. Battlefields .

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd., responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments with other travelers. I’m very pleased our hotel, staff and service exceeded your expectations. From our Housekeeping and Maintenance to the Breakfast crew and Guest Service team members, everyone loves interacting with our guests. We work hard to ensure our hotel is exceptionally clean and well maintained and love to hear feedback from our guests. We look forward to seeing you here again in the future.
Middletown, New York
Reviewed June 30, 2012

This hotel was great. The bed was so comfortable. We stopped here to see family before we headed back to NY. The room was beautiful and well kept. The staff was great.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd., responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience. I’m pleased you enjoyed yourself. I love our beds so much I bought one for my own home! I will make sure I share your comments with our team
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed June 28, 2012

The title says everything about my stay at this hotel. Went to VA for a graduation and stayed 5 nights in June, 2012.

Overall, I am very pleased. The room was clean, housekeeping did a great job refreshing the room daily, breakfast had great offerings with the usual plus hot oatmeal and fresh cut fruit, staff was friendly and helpful, hot coffee was always available in the lobby, etc.

What I was not pleased with was the equipment in the fitness area - only one of the three treadmills was working, and one of the two elliptical machines had some issues with "gliding along". This alone would not hinder my staying there again or recommending it to others, however.

Room Tip: This is a metropolitan area, so the views aren't great. But I have had worse in other places. th...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd., responded to this review, June 30, 2012
Thank you for your comments. I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay with us with the exception of the fitness center equipment. Unfortunately, the issue with the treadmills required a special part to be ordered and there was a delay in receiving it. All three machines are functioning at this time. I was unaware of any issue with the elliptical, and will ensure they are serviced as soon as possible. We appreciate your feedback!
Georgia
Reviewed June 11, 2012

My wife and I stayed for 2 nights while attending grandson's high school graduation. The accommodations were excellent: room clean,beds comfortable, ample towels/bathcloths and a particular shoutout for the complimentary breakfast which was great. The scrambled eggs w/cheese, bacon, waffles and much more were well prepared and tasty. The attendant kept all supplies well stocked even untill 10 a.m. We were very satisfied with our visit.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Clifford W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd., responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments. Our staff strives very hard to maintain the cleanliness our guests have come to expect from a Hampton Inn. Our breakfast team is awesome and the On The House Hot Breakfast is always a great way to start your day. I’ll be sure to share your comments with our team, especially the breakfast crew.
Chesapeake, Virginia, United States
Reviewed June 2, 2012

had an awful check in at a different hotel, check out after an hour and came here, told them of my nightmare and the desk clerk went above and beyond what he needed to do to make up for a different brands miss doing~ My room is FANTASTIC, beds are amazing, free in room popcorn was awesome, pool is nice and clean and I cant wait to try the breakfast tomorrow morning..... only downfall, hot tub was out of service, but other then that FANTASTIC stay so far, thanks for making my weekend getaway so much better!

Room Tip: double queen suite is amazing
1 Thank Heidi F
Clifford W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd., responded to this review, June 5, 2012
I’m so sorry to hear your visit to the area started off so poorly. It’s unfortunate when what should be a relaxing time starts behind the eight ball and I’m pleased we were able to take care of your needs. Thank you for your kind comments. They will be shared with our entire team
NY, NY
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I visit Va Beach a few times per year, and have been staying at other hotels in the area and was dissatisfied because of either poor customer service, overpricing or accommodation which was not as clean as I would have liked.
I randomly chose this hotel and decided to give it try, and I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. Very surprised! I reserved 2 double rooms and the beds were clean and comfortable, the there were ample towels. The Internet service was fine and the place was so quiet that we all slept in late.
I have just completed my second stay this past weekend and will be making another reservation by this weekend, for a future stay. The staff has been wonderful and I hope it remains that way.
I have not tried the breakfast, as I have a nice litte spot which I'd like to stick with.
I like this hotel, and I do not feel cheated after each visit. Three nights costs for the Memorial holiday weekend, taxes included @ AAA rate was $378.
Loved it!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your glowing comments! Our team strives to provide the best in service and accommodations and we love hearing when we really get it right. Our cleanliness scores consistently rank above the brand average and we are proud to be the number 1 hotel rated on Trip Advisor for the Chesapeake area. I’m a fan of little local places for breakfast as well, but I hope you will get to experience our On The House Hot Breakfast, especially the fresh made waffles!