Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd.
Ranked #1 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Reviewed April 19, 2012

While visiting family in Chesapeake, VA it was our pleasure to stay at this Hampton Inn & Suites. It was relatively easy to get to, despite having to turn around in the neighboring strip mall or make an illegal u-turn. Property and hotel well manicured and clean. Rooms were lovely, staff friendly and helpful. While we did not use the pool or gym we heard they were great. The free hot/cold breakfast was very nice, ample selection of fruits, breads, muffins, bagels, donuts, cereals. They also had eggs (scrambled or hard boiled), sausage, bacon and fresh waffles. Of course coffee. tea, milk and a variety of juices rounded out the spread. A wonderful selection for picky children.
For an adult the rooms were comfortable, but for small children the bathroom sinks are way to high. Just for a 7 yr old to brush his teeth he had to climb up onto the vanity so he could reach the sink. While the room looks very stylish it isn't practical.
Despite the bathroom design, I would definitely recommend this hotel. Rates more than reasonable.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Clifford W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay. I’m pleased you enjoyed yourselves. Our staff receives many comments about their service and I’m glad you received the high caliber we are known for. I will pass your comments along to everyone during our team meetings. I am sorry you found the sink to be too high for children. That may have been an item overlooked when planning our design. We look forward to having you as a guest in the future.

Reviewed April 4, 2012

The staff is very attentive and friendly. I made reservations for six rooms for two nights. Due to my HH status, they upgraded all six to suites without my asking. Property is very clean and quiet, which is surprising given the location off a very busy thoroughfare. The only negative is a confusing road access. However, once you figure it out the first time, it's a piece of cake.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
orfbf, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2012

Dear Ross M:
Thanks so much for taking the time to review our property! We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff made your stay with us comfortable! Here at our property, we do pride ourselves on making sure our guests feel at home away from home and do our best to upgrade our valued HHonors members! I will share with the team your satisfaction with thier service. We agree the parking lot can be tricky the first time due to the side entrance, however its true that once you figure it out, the next time is easy. We try our best to give good directions to make sure our guests can get in easily! We hope your travels bring you and your guests back to us very soon!

Reviewed March 12, 2012

I stayed just one night at this hotel to attend an interview on the Naval Base, but I would stay again. The hotel is close to 2 main highways and right off of Battlefield Blvd - which has a lot of restaurants to choose from. I passed the correct entrance the first time, but once you find it once, you won't miss it again. The decor in the lobby and the room was very modern and very nice. The room and bathroom were both very clean. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. I was given a room on the end of the floor, and I found the hotel to be very quiet (I was there on a Sunday night). The complimentary HOT breakfast was typical of Hampton Inn & Suites, which was very good! It was well-stocked and clean. The front desk staff was helpful with directions and helping me receive an incoming fax.

This hotel allows guests to bring their dogs. The hotel staff was very welcoming to my dog, and they do not charge extra for your pets to come!! I was not aware at the time that they do not allow you to leave your dogs unattended in the room, which I completely understand, but it was slightly inconvenient for me as I was traveling alone. However, everything worked out in the end (I put my dog in a great nearby daycare during the time I was interviewing) - and I was thankful for the hotel staff's help!

The only issue I had was that I could not get hot water in the shower one morning. The hotel was informed, and I understand that it was promptly fixed! They allowed me late check-out, which was extremely helpful given my schedule.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
orfbf, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2012

Dear tkg04d:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! On behalf of my staff and I we thank you for your wonderful comments about our service and cleanliness. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us with your dog. We are happy to welcome our guests with thier pets. We do know that our parking lot can be challenging to find the entrance because of the bus stop out front, so we do our best to give appropriate directions. We hope that you will visit us again in the very near future!

Reviewed February 20, 2012

This was our first time at this location. It was a very nice and well maintained property. The hotel is pet friendly and made it very convenient for us. The room was immaculate and extremely comfortable. The front desk staff was outstanding... extremely helpful and friendly. Would definitely stay here again and recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
orfbf, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chesapeake-Battlefield Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

Dear eubfamily:
I am Nicole, the General Manager of the Hampton Inn & Suites Battlefield. On behalf of my staff and I, we thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel! We pride ourselves on our hospitality and comfortable "home away from home" environment for our guests and thier pets! We are so glad you enjoyed our spacious suites that smell and look fresh and clean! We look forward to your next visit with us!
Happy Travels,

Reviewed February 8, 2012

This is the first time that I have stayed at this property. It was very nice and well maintained. The front desk staff was extremely helpful. Due to my hilton honors status I was upgraded without even being asked. The access to the hotel is a little difficult and confusing at first but other than that the hotel is an A+,

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Dear John F:
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel! My staff and I are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! our Hilton Honors members are our favorite guests! Service and cleanliness are what we take pride in, and the fact that we are a newer hotel with a great location right off of the interstate doesn't hurt either! I agree our parking lot can be a bit tricky; unfortunately we were unable to put a driveway on the front of the building due to city restrictions. We would love to have you back with us the next time you visit the Chesapeake/Battlefield Blvd area! Thank you again for your wonderful comments!
-Nicole Webster, GM

Reviewed January 23, 2012

I have stayed at this particular Hampton Inn several times when visiting family in the area. The rooms are immaculate, large and very comfortable. And the staff is always friendly and accommodating. The price is comparable, and more often less than other hotel chains in this category. I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else!

Room Tip: I always try to avoid rooms near the elevator, as that's where activity (noise) is more frequent...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank kat106

Dear kat106:
I am Nicole, the General Manager of the Hampton Inn & Suites Battlefield. On behalf of my staff and I, we thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review of our hotel! We pride ourselves on our hospitality and comfortable environment. We are so glad you enjoyed our spacious rooms. Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We look forward to your next visit with us!
Happy Travels,

Reviewed January 13, 2012

I stay at many hotels because I travel for work. Hampton Inn was so clean and nice. VERY Pet(dog) friendly and they don't charge you. Pets are like family and its so nice to have a place that you can bring them with you and not have to pay an arm and a leg. I wish more Hampton Inns would provide this same service. THANKS Hampton Inn Battlefield for making my stay so good. Very Quiet hotel and GREAT breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank BrendaSH

Dear BrendaSH:
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of our hotel! What a pleasure it is to hear about how our hotel and team members helped make your trip a pleasant one! We are happy to hear that your dogs also enjoyed their stay. We agree pets can be like family, and we are happy to accept dogs with no fee! Please come visit us again soon!