“Second stay”

Ranked #5 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Milford, DE
“Second stay”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Great place to stay in the area. Quiet and comfortable - staff was great! Stayed for two nights while visiting my daughter at college in VA Beach. Plenty of restaurants within one mile to suit any taste. Definitely on my list to return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I stayed at the location on 11/2 - 11/3 while I was in the city to attend a concert. I have stayed at a few Aloft Hotels and like them very much. Love the decor and the fresh concept of the hotel. However, while at this location we had the worst time trying to go sleep and staying asleep due to the excessively loud people to the left and the right of us. Sounded like they throwing a party that went non stop. At 4am we called the front desk and where told that they would do something about it due to several calls from other guest with the same issues. It never ceased though. Then we heard guest screaming to the party to quiet down then an argument proceeded between the two. The next morning the same guest begin to knock on the doors of other guest who they believed called the front desk on them. Extremely childish. I love Aloft hotels and wish the guest who behaved this way checked in at Motel 6 or the corner. Not Aloft.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
TLozano, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at aloft Chesapeake, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Hi Carnitta W,

Thank for sharing your feedback on your recent stay. I do apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I will share your feedback with our management teams so that they can address the issue and make sure it does not happen again.
Hampton, Virginia
Reviewed October 23, 2013

When we first checked in we were pretty unhappy due to issues with our room. Tina was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!! She was able to accommodate my entire party despite the problems with the room we reserved. Once again if it wasn't for Tina our experience would have been horrible.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

I was very impressed with this hotel. Never stayed at aloft before. Very clean hotel. Smells great as soon as you walk in. Very nice front desk area in the center of the lobby. Seams very personable to me. I've stayed and renovated several hotels over the years all over the country and this is one of the nicest ones yet. The staff are very helpful and friendly. I am in and out of town quite a bit and will for sure be staying here if possible. As a hotel contractor I can say I love the design of the whole thing. Great job to the owners. Keep it up.
Ben

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manassas, Virginia
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Very clean, modern and helpful staff. We stayed there with 75 H.S. students in our group. The hotel had everything ready when we arrived and took care of our numbers with no problems. We had a H.S. XC meet in town.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
TLozano, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at aloft Chesapeake, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Hi Parenava,

Thank you for your writing about your recent stay. I am glad you and your group of students enjoyed your accommodations. We hope you stay with us again!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 3, 2013

From check in, to check out overall a bad experience. Upon check in I was greeted by two, unfriendly people who were dillegently working on the computers at the front desk. Instead of "Hello" I was greeted with "Hold On." Then I was asked to move to the other side of the desk to check in, instead of where I was standing with my bags.

The room was clean and nice (as usual for an alfot property)...I do love the Bliss products! I left my room the next morning around 10:30am, and took my "do not disturb sign" off. Upong returning at 4:00pm my room was not clean. When leaving for dinner at 5:00 I stopped by the front desk and asked if I could have my room servicied and then gentelman told me that the cleaning person left at 4:30!!!! In what hotel does that happen??? So my room wasn't serviced, and instead of being offered fresh towels, I had to ask!

At check out I went to make a cup of coffee/espresso as I love to do, but alas the machine was broken. While I don't mind this so much, as I do understand machines break.

What's really poor here is the level of customer service provided. I'll choose to go elsewhere on business when in Norfolk.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MatthewD713
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Loved my room and the Bliss products are always a plus! However, the front desk people were too busy chatting with friends when I was trying to check in. I was checking in alone and asked for one key. She asked my floor preference but I ended up with two queens. Favorite part of hotel life is the stretch out across a big bed. All in all a good experience.

• Stayed September 2013
TLozano, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at aloft Chesapeake, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Hi Renee S,

Thank you for your positive comments. Although your preferred room type was not available, I am glad you enjoyed your overall stay as well as the Bliss products. We hope you stay with us again soon.