“A Good Deal via Online” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Salem, Oregon
“A Good Deal via Online”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

My husband got an excellent deal on this hotel by pre-paying for it online. The front desk is almost in the bar/lounge so it can be hectic checking in. However, the room is very modern and wonderfully laid out! We brought our two cats and the hotel was very accommodating with our pets. The shower in the room is amazing and the bed gave us a great nights sleep! I would recommend this hotel to couples staying in the area!

• Stayed July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at aloft Chesapeake, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear misshistorybarkley,
We really appreciate your review, thanks for sharing! We are delighted that you, your husband and your family pets enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

A few things.

I called at around 11 AM and asked if there's a room ready for early check in and was told yes. I showed up at 12:10PM and had to wait 50 minutes for the room to be ready.

The tables in the lobby were dirty.

The swimming pool room stinks and when someone takes a shower all the water flows in to the pool.

The room across the hall had a smoker so the housekeeper just put out side the room his dirty igloo box with all the ash so everyone could smell it.

My reservation was originally for 3 night's but I was very disappointed and found a different hotel for the other 2 nights.

Room Tip: do not take the first floor facing the street
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Chadpusa
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at aloft Chesapeake, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Chadpusa,
We are so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. Your review has been shared in our team meeting to ensure that these issues are corrected. Please feel free to contact me at jay.agustin@aloftchesapeake.com to discuss your experience further. We hope you'll give us another chance should you visit Chesapeake in the future.
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 6 nights on our SPG points and liked very much. The layout of the rooms is ideal for couples with ample space, clean and modern. We went to the beach everyday, it's a quick 20min drive. There are multiple dining and shopping options in the area. The staff is very friendly and helpfull.

We will be back on our next vacation in VA beach!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Marietta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Eye-catching decor, interesting options & neat amenities like a pool table in the lobby. Rooms were clean and well-appointed. A little different design however (e.g. no closet), but I thought very functional and comfortable. My only disappointment here was with the air conditioning - it appears that "eco-friendly" means you can't control the temperature in your room with the convoluted thermostat...I like it very cold, and don't believe the temp ever got below 75 in the room. In-room wireless dropped a couple of times as well. Staff and kitchen service were awesome.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Jacksonville Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Awesome experience!! The Hotel staff was outstandingly Professional at all times. Look. We were looking on the internet for a place to stay close to family while visiting. The Aloft Hotel was close, the price was right, and very close to the mall for my wife. It said Eco frie4ndly which is good and it was an ADULT establishment. It gave all of the ammenities and the photos wewre right on point. It was a no brainer for us to book. Upon arrival June 18th, we were greeted by (I am adding names of those we were directly in contact with), Maurice and Courtney. The check-in-was very pleasantand they gave us instructions on how the layout is an where the pool, ice, gym and other things. We went to the room and were not let down at all. Very clean and pleasent smell of the room. It was a little different thatnthe normal Hotel Chain which made it even better. No clutter in the room. Use of the space was very well planned. While no tub, the shower was large and the water pressure was better than mine at home. There are no ice machines on the floors(great idea to keep the noise down), but it is in the front lobby. I came down to get some and they were out. Isabella was off shift and offered to get ice for me. What a sweetheart. We had a great night sleep on the firm but not hard bed. One of the best sleeps I had in a Hotel room. Although we got up in the morning and didn't have their breakfast, you could have breakfast made the way you want. One of the cooks,(Trae) was happy to explain the process with us. We were greeted as we came down to the lobby by Deonte, Christine, and Virginia, front desk staff, and ask us how things were. We told them that everything is well so far, and out of no where came the Big Manager Jay! He met us and talked with us like we were family. I loved that about the entire staff. We went about our business and later came back to the hotel and was again greeted by Deonte and this time Jazmine. We were asking about places to eat and recommendations. They took the time to share and even printed out some places for us to try while we were here. I don't mean to bore any of you readers, but to make a long story short, WE ENJOYED OUR STAY!!!! I highly recommend it. If you are looking for a kid friendly hotel, although they do welcome children, it is more of a stop and go. Bar on site that stays open until 10pm, pool open until 11pm, and a pool table that was available 24/7. If you camplain about this place, you are crazy or didn't read the website.

Room Tip: All rooms I think are pretty good. We stayed on the 4th floor around the corner from the elevator. V...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at aloft Chesapeake, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear treegc1,
We really appreciate your review - thanks for sharing! We are delighted that you enjoyed your overall stay and got to experience our re:fuel lounge with a pool table, w xyz bar and splash pool. Great customer service is very important to us and we are so glad that you enjoyed our staff, we'll be sure to share your comments in our next team meeting. We hope to see you soon. Take care!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

I always try to stay at a Starwood hotel when I travel because I know that they will never let me down and the Aloft Chesapeake didn't dissapoint me. My stay was great, the staff were on point, the room was clean, it smelled nice. They even allowed us a late check out so we could freshen up after the football game, which was the reason we were in town. The Aloft never lets me down!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at aloft Chesapeake, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Jenae M,
We really appreciate your review - thanks for sharing! We are delighted that we met your expectations this time around and thank you for your dedication to Starwood. We are thrilled that time and again you've enjoyed our room features, staff and overall guest experience. We hope to see you soon, take care!
Northern Virginia, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are small but the layout is nice. The snack/food service had very little at 8 PM. The Internet was poorly functioning. I was able to successfully connect for three minutes during an entire night of trying. I feel like the rates are too high for the very limited services provided. I would not stay here again for the same rate. The three things that I liked is that the front desk lady was nice, it is pet friendly, and the showers are nice.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at aloft Chesapeake, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Kaia42,
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment about your recent stay at Aloft. We are delighted that you enjoyed our layout, room features and staff. We apologize for any inconsistencies with the free WiFi and will have our engineers look into this. We hope you'll give us another chance should your travel plans bring you to Chesapeake in the future.