“Only at Marriott...if its not right, they fix it!”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Chesapeake
Ranked #4 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Outstanding staff at this Marriott. Stayed on two separate occasions within a week's time. First stay was great. Pro football team was also staying there the first night and my first thought was I would probably get very little sleep. Not so. Hotel was extremely quiet and room extremely clean. Staff was friendly and helpful. Delicious buffet breakfast. Second stay was not problem free, however, manager made sure problem was corrected and that my stay was as pleasant as it could be considering I had to check into three different rooms before I was satisfied. Given the attentiveness to my problem, I am certain management has rectified the housekeeping issues and I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again in the future. Thanks again for management's prompt attention and resolution.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
ckper53, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Chesapeake, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Marriott Chesapeake.

With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations. Your feedback will be shared with the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service.

Thank you for staying at the Marriott Chesapeake and we hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travel needs bring you back to Chesapeake.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stayed 3 nights at this Marriott last week. The lobby was very nice along with the greeting I received when I arrived. The room was good, but the bathroom could use a slight upgrade (slight). The bar was fabulous with great staff, me and co workers spent three nights there after work events and it was a great way to cap the night. If in the area I again I will stay here.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I came in with friends for my 25th birthday at the very last minute. I called and Ebony answered the phone she was very sweet and professional. I knew that most hotels would be sold out at the last minute but she was ablt to help me and give me a room on a high floor. When I got to the hotel i has the pleasure of meeting her also. She had a warm welcoming smile. I was having a bad day as nothing was going as planned but she surely made things better we chatted for a while. She answered all of my questions and really made the trip great. She is doing a great job at the Norfolk Chesapeak location if your there ask for her. I will definately come back to this hotel. Thanks to Ebony.

The rooms are great the King size beds are very comfortable. The location is perfect for shopping and not far form the ocean front or downtown Norfolk which is where we went to party.

Room Tip: Call before hand some times if the hotel isnt fully booked they can block a room for you. NO GUARANT...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank SamazingJ

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Crisp clean and quality hotel. I used name your own price, and what a deal for the stay. Two nights - under $100. Used the business facilities and was underwhelmed, but the rest was top quality for the dollar.

Room Tip: Higher floors are very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank monmouthprof

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I try to stay here once a month. I travel alot and have an opportunity to see the good and the bad.

This hotel is clean, quiet and very comfortable.

Everytime I check in my room looks so relaxing that I end up taking nap!

The concierge lounge is one of the best and the staff all say hello to you.

I would recommend that if you are thinking of staying anywhere in the Hampton Roads area that you stay here. you may have to drive 10-15 minutes more but you will not want to leave !

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Matt T

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Hotel was very convenient/clean to where we were going. Major kudos to the room service gentelman that serviced us in room 313, very courteous and proffesional. The front desk was also very gracious to let me keep/assist with my speakers in their back room as i was worried they could get messed up in the heat. The kids loved the pool and was very clean. The breakfast buffet was also excellent. Keep up the great service, look forward to coming back

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank triniman70

Reviewed September 3, 2012

When I arrived at the hotel they told me that I didn't have a reservation and I was at wrong hotel. So I left and head to another Marriott close by. So the new Marriott I went told me I was at the wrong hotel so I call back on the phone and tell them my name reservation number and the same lady who told m I was at the wrong hotel telling me she sorry she read the name wrong and to come back to the first Marriott. So we check in and ready to go to bed from driving all day. Gets back in the room and there is water leaking in the bathroom. So I call front desk and the lady say give her fine minutes. I call her back in two hous shed had forgot me so we had to move all our stuff into a new room.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Marvin T
jon_siebring, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Chesapeake, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear Sir,

I like to apologize for your recent experience. I have discussed this issue with the desk clerck and she will be more careful next time. We always strive to give the best possible service and we obviously fell short of that delivery this time.

Regards,