“My Go-To Hotel in Hampton Roads”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Chesapeake
Ranked #4 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Northern Virginia
“My Go-To Hotel in Hampton Roads”
Reviewed October 8, 2011

Stayed here numerous times. Hotel is newer and the service is generally good as it was this week. Internet is wireless and free for all and worked fine. The tile in the shower needs to be regrouted but other than that the stay was predictably comfortable and quiet.

Room Tip: End rooms are a bit larger.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
ckper53, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Chesapeake, responded to this review, December 8, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Marriott Chesapeake.

With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations. Your feedback will be shared with the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service.

Thank you for staying at the Marriott Chesapeake and we hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travel needs bring you back to Chesapeake.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed October 1, 2011

We stayed at the Marriott for a football weekend at Old Dominion. It is about 25 minutes away from ODU. The hotel is newly decorated. Rooms are comfortable and clean. Staff was very friendly and helpful. They quickly responded to a request for a roll-away and extra towels and made great suggestions for restaurants and provided excellent directions to local shops. The bartender from Kenya was great - we really enjoyed our time in the lounge with him. Room rates were very reasonable for the quality of the hotel -- I have paid more at a Courtyard or Fairfield! Beds were comfy. I would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed September 18, 2011

One of the best Marriott in chesapeak. The food is really good. I never try the pool yet but I will looking forward to it next time.

• Stayed September 2011

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 30, 2011

This hotel was kind enough to accomadate us when we were stranded due to the hurricane(after another hotel would not allow us to stay longer when our flight was cancelled). The place was nice and clean and the room was of the JW standard that I am used to.
I was disappointed that the lunch buffet was below standard and the glasses were not smelling too good and several were rough to the touch. Please dont allow servers to wear dirty casts on their broken limbs to serve customers. All this said and done i know you guys were operating under the constraints of the hurricane. Thanks for making our stay comortablte

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay at the Marriott Chesapeake.

We see that there is room for improvement based on your feedback. Please accept our apology for not meeting your expectations during your stay. I assure you that these items will be addressed. Pleasecome back to visit us soon.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 9, 2011

I enjoyed my stay here. The room was nice and the bed was comfortable. The staff are also responsive. I noticed there was something on my sheets and called to have them changed. I went out for the evening and they were changed when I came back to the room.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed June 19, 2011

We stayed here on June 17-19 for the Anime Mid Atlantic Convention. And I must say the hotel is beautiful, the staff will go out of their way to make sure you have an excellent time. I asked the front desk if they had any firm pillows because the pillows in the room are non existent soft. They didn't have a firm pillows but they gave us few more foam pillows. The rooms are awesome and the bed is very comfy. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Book your room by calling them directly
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ShinGokuIAM

Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed June 1, 2011

We were moving to the Virginia Beach area and choose this hotel due to it was close to our new home. When I booked the trip the hotel agent explained to me that since it was Memorial Weekend 1 night of our stay would have to be Advance paied or Prepaid. I agreed and gave the agent my card number. When I arrived at the hotel on Saturday 05/28/11 I told the desk agent that I needed to check in and went to hand her my card. The front desk agent then told me my stay of 6 night ($860.00) (we were scheduled to stay for 13 nights) was prepaid to my card already. I asked her how did they decide to charge me for the 6 night and who gave them permission to charge my card for part of the stay. Neither the desk agent or the front desk supervisior could answer the questions or give a explination on the reason they choose 6 nights versus the whole stay or why they did not follow their policy and charge me for one night. After discussing this with the 2 they said once I check out any remaining balance would be refund upon check out. Neither of the desk agents were helpful or showed any care to resove or attempt to resolve the issue.

When I went to check out on Monday 05/30/11 the front desk agent told me she was not authorized to check me out and issue a refund since the room had been advance paid. She gave me the name of 2 managers to call and she assured me they would be in on Monday 05/30/11 ay 9 am. I called and left a message for a lady named Jennifer twice on Monday and once on Tuesday, she did not call me back about until late in the afternoon on Tuesday. I had to return to the hotel to get a receipt and check on the status of the refund. Again neither of the desk agents were very friendly and a guy who looked like he had not shaved in days came over and started telling me that the whole issue was my fault and I should have known that I was going to be advance paying for the stay. I also sent an e-mail to the managment company, Crestline Hotels & Resorts, Inc, on 05/28/11 and as of today I still have not gotten a response. It looks like customer service lack all the way to the top with the local hotel and the managment company.

The hotel front desk staff was not helpful, did not even apoligize for the issue and showed no care or concern to fix the issue. On Saturday 05/28/11 after I tried to discuss the issue with the front desk I went back to my room and told my wife I would have been happy with a I am sorry for the mix up and we will get this issue correct. It would have ben amazing how if the staff just said those few words it would have made things ok. I hope that the hotel managment can retrain the front desk staff on customer service.

Overall the hotel was a nice hotel, the rooms were nice and the maid staff was GREAT!

Room Tip: Do not agree to advance pay any part of your stay
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank joshlopez1
jon_siebring, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Chesapeake, responded to this review, June 3, 2011
Thank you for taking time to talk with us to resolve your concerns. We will use your feedback to improve our communications with travel agents who sell our advance-purchase rates. We strive to make every guest happy with his/her stay and we thank you for your kind compliments on our housekeeping staff. I will share your suggestions for service improvement and your compliments with our staff. With your feedback, we will continue to improve our staff training and guest experiences.

Jon Siebring