“Disappointed”

The Egg Bistro
Ranked #2 of 503 Restaurants in Chesapeake
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Egg Bistro is an independently owned neighborhood bistro that provides fresh, innovative food in a hip, family environment.
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Disappointed”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have heard so many amazing things about this restaurant and finally decided to go in one day for lunch. It was extremely crowded and noisy. Maybe what I ordered was the problem, I just ordered a grilled cheese and french fries because I saw a sign that said they had home made bread pudding which I love to try whenever I see it on a menu.

The grilled cheese was not good at all, maybe I should have tried their daily special? Not sure. The bread pudding was probably the worst I have ever had. It was like a dried out muffin with a little bit of icing drizzled on top. The waitress, who was very nice and tried to keep up with me, sitting at the bar by myself, asked me if I wanted the icing or not? I cannot imagine how much worse it would have been without the icing. Would I go there again? Probably, but only if invited by friends who knew what was the best items to order off of the menu AND only because I have so many people rave about this place.

Visited February 2013
THEBROKENEGG, Manager at The Egg Bistro, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
I'm really sorry to hear about your disappointment...if there is a problem please dont hesitate to speak with a manager.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Dinner anyone?”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Birthday dinner out with my wife and our friends was simply succulent! Starter recommendation "Tapas Trio" Fresh hummus, bruschetta and a tapenade of roasted red peppers, feta cheese and kalamata olives. For the meal I recommend the Roasted Chicken Rockefeller House specialty. blackened chicken breast stuffed with a mixture of spinach, garlic, house seasoning, cream and thick cut peppered bacon. served with seasoned pasta. Also unbeatable was the "Five Pepper Tuna" House specialty. fresh blackened tuna steak grilled to order with a sweet and spicy mixture of seasoned yellow, red, orange, jalapeno and cayenne peppers reduced with sugar and balsamic vinaigrette. served with roasted garlic mashers and your choice of vegetable. A terrific Dirty Martini and the house Cabernet were excellent. Desert reccomendation. You can just almost inhale the Kahlua Chocolate Cake--Warm triple chocolate fudge cake topped with kahlua liqueur and toasted almonds. The evening was 5 Stars

• Visited February 2013
THEBROKENEGG, Manager at The Egg Bistro, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for the great feedback!
Suffolk, Virginia
“Martini Heaven”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Happy hour is half-price martinis, need I say more? There are about a zillion flavors. The food is very good but skip the calamari if you love great calamari - there is not good.

Visited September 2012
Thank you!
Fort Worth, Texas
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Those people describing the food as terrible must be eating at a different place because everything the two of us ordered was prepared wonderfully. We arrived for breakfast on a weekday so there were plenty of tables and the waitresses were all friendly. My wife had a piece of ham that easily covered half of her plate and my pancakes left little of my plate visible. Our eggs were cooked perfectly and the waitress made sure our water and coffee glasses and cups were never low. Overall, it was a wonderful experience and we will come back.

• Visited March 2013
Thank you the great comments!
Jacksonville, Florida
“Whole lot of Yum”
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Went here for lunch with some people in town for work based on reviews and recommendation from a co-worker. I knew it was going to be good when we walked in at 11:30 on a Monday and the place was packed with a short wait. All of our meals were excellent and cooked perfectly. I will definitely be going again while here.

Nice! Thank you!