All reviews front desk choice hotels waffles the shower water pressure small refrigerator room was large walk in shower housekeeping staff the breakfast area only stayed one night enjoyable stay would highly recommend this hotel continental breakfast outdoor pool coffee pot great place to stay restaurants and shopping
Reviewed June 4, 2013

If you are considering this hotel....please read!! We stayed here on Memorial Day weekend along with 15 other families for my son's soccer tournament in VA Beach. The staff here was friendly and efficient and literally bent over backwards to assure our group a terrific weekend! Every one of our 15 families were pleased with their rooms, very clean, nicely appointed and SPACIOUS (we had families in both King and double/double rooms)! With each room being a suite, the sofa area made a nice little meeting area for parents to get together or the coach to spend time in the room with the entire team. Not only was the front desk staff wonderful (Kamaria and Kevon to name a few!) but we fell in love with our housekeeping staff (Jeanette and crew) who were working hard to keep us in fresh towels, etc. Jeanette was so wonderful and had a smile and warm greeting for us every morning as we were all getting ready to head to the fields! We learned that two other teams were staying in the hotel that weekend as well which surprised us as the place was so quiet at night! The Manager (Kevon) opened up meeting rooms during the breakfast hour on Saturday morning to accommodate the larger crowd of people. Between the extra eating space and a top notch staff keeping the food fresh and filled, I was very impressed! We have had some disaster experiences at other properties not prepared at all for their breakfast crowd. This hotel was ready and planned for it...A+!! We would bring our team back here again, it was such a great experience. I would also bring my family, as the value for the room size and quality can't be beat.

Thanks Kevon and staff for a superior customer service experience!!

The Jr. Royals 99 Blue Soccer Team and families!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Melinda W, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you so much for the great comments Kelly. I will share all of your kind words with the staff. I am lucky to have Kevon, Kamaria and Jeanette on my TEAM. Sometimes it can be challenging having that many teams in one weekend. I am glad that we were able to accommodate all of your teams needs. We hope to see you again sometime soon!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

They were renovating while we were here, but it was no problem. The breakfast was good. The from the outside it doesn't look that big, but you go inside and the place just keeps going on and on. Overall a comfortable stay.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Melinda W, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Thank you so much Imari535 for taking the time to leave a review on our hotel. Yes we have been under renovation for about 6 months now. Thank you for being understanding during this time. We are glad you enjoyed our deluxe hot continental breakfast. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 20, 2013

first off they claim they are 100% smoke free and make you sign a paper saying not to smoke or you will pay $150 to get it cleaned well the room I had smelled like an ashtray..I called the front desk no one answered. So my sister and I went to go to the store walked to desk know one was around so we went to store to get spary for the room..2nd thing when I booked the room I called the hotel to ask if one of the 2 rooms I got I could get a balcony the girl michelle said yes and put in notes and no I couldn't get one at all when I checked in . the only thing good was the conjoined rooms that we had that away our kids could just go back and forth between rooms in stead of banging on the doors . I will not go back again

Reviewed May 17, 2013

First of all I would like to thank the staff for always accommodating me and my family. I have stayed here quite frequently since I have had issues with my townhome. The staff is so courteous, efficient and always call me by name. The hotel is going through renovations and to me that's only a plus! Its going to make this one of the best hotels in the Hampton Roads Area. No place is perfect , but this hotel and its staff is striving for perfection. This will always be one of my favorite place to stay in the Chesapeake Area.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

If you are thinking of staying here I would reconsider. I understand they are in the process of renovating ,however, since guests are still staying there this should be done with that in mind. Starting with the check in process
I never saw more than one person working the front desk so be prepared to wait if you need anything & check in process was extremely slow.
Had an issue & the front desk girl was helping someone else but at least acknowledge you will be right the next person.
Waited for 10 minutes at least for an issue that took 1 minute.
On the way to our room, first the inside of the elevator was covered with a dirty blue tarp, very inappropriate, second the hallways were full of old dirty carpet pieces which someone could easily slip on & hallways were filthy. You should not have guest have to navigate their way to the room & look at this. If you don't want to leave your room then this would be ok hotel for you as at least the room was clean but the AC unit made random noises. On a Sunday morning be prepared to be woken up to the sounds of the renovation work & the breakfast was the worst I have ever had. Had to spit the doughnut out it was so bad & the waffles stick to the griddle & won't come off. I had never stayed at a Comfort Suites before & trusted some of the other reviews but I am not sure where those people are used to staying but I think this is the worst service & hotel I have ever stayed at. They should work on a block of rooms at a time & not out guest anywhere near where this is going on.
The paint smell was also terrible on the hallways.

Trip type: Traveled with family