“Excellent Service”

Comfort Suites
Ranked #10 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

The location was perfect right off the highway.The staff was very friendly.The rooms clean and well kept. I can't wait to come back and enjoy the renovated rooms.I will definitely recommend this property to family and friends. Thanks again!

Kwame Hester

• Stayed April 2013
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel with such positive feedback. With your comments we are able to see what we are doing right and where we can improve. I could not agree more that the hotel is in a good location and easy to access right off the freeway. It’s great to see that you have enjoyed our clean rooms and friendly staff. Here at the Comfort Suites we strive to provide our guests with the best experience possible. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

We made a reservation at this hotel at 6am the day we were arriving and secured it by credit card. We requested 2nd floor by the pool through Jacob and were reassured our requests would be met because we had secured with a credit card. We told him we would be arriving late. He stated not a problem. When we checked in, the front desk clerk assigned us a room on the first floor with no view. We had to roll our cart through construction debris and litter to get to the room. When we walked in - no view and the 1st floor. When we called to secure the reservation, we were told we were guaranteed 2nd floor by the pool. So we rolled the cart back to the front desk where we found a friend of the front desk clerk with her McDonalds food standing by the front desk talking to the clerk and we evidently had interrupted the front desk clerk eating as her chicken tenders were visible by the counter. When we told her we were guaranteed a different room, her reply was "well, there's no notes in the computer". We told her my spouse had to work and could not have construction noise while he was tring to make calls the next morning. She then said "Well, I've only got 1 room left and it's an older room on the 3rd floor. We agreed to take this room and when we opened the door, the bed was unmade and the tv on and loud like someone was in the room. So we roll our cart once again to the front desk. When we told the desk clerk that the room appeared to be occupied and was not cleaned, she called on her walkie talkie for a male staff to come to the front desk. I guess she had planned to have him clean the room at 11 at night while we waited. We were exhausted and weren't about to wait so now we are being sent back to the 1st room. When we asked the front desk clerk if we could enter the room corridor through the outside instead of rolling the cart through the construction debris for the second time that nite, she said yes. So we are outside with our clothing on the cart at 11 at nite rolling the cart through the dimly lit exterior and noticed how filthy the pool was. The next morning (just as we thought it would be) we encountered construction workers with loud talking right outside our room. The front desk clerk said she would make notes in the computer. No one ever followed up, apologized or even tried to make things right. We travel a lot and have stayed in many choice hotels. This is one based on our experience I would not recommend. Quite frankly, the front desk clerk acted as if she could care less about our business. Initially at check in, I even told her (before it all happened) that I would do a Trip Advisor review. Regardless of what response is noted from their management, I would pass on this one. If they say they care, etc., we sure did not see it. There are far to many options available as there are a number of other hotels besides this one in the immediate area. Guests should be welcomed and appreciated and not made to feel like "you'll take what I give you" attitude. We took all necessary steps in advance - made our reservation, secured with a Credit Card, had notes requested to be made in their system (so we thought). A nightmare all the way around. We are in the area for 2 days and definitely won't be spending the 2nd nite here.

• Stayed April 2013
4 Thank RoanokeBorn
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
On behalf of our entire team here at the Comfort Suites in Chesapeake, I would like to apologize for the miscommunication and the inconveniences caused by the ongoing construction. I am extremely sorry to hear you experienced such poor service at our hotel. I want to assure you that your concerns do not go unnoticed and we are striving to better ourselves. I hope that one day you would be willing to give us a second chance to show you we have improved.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We arrived just in time on a Tuesday night to enjoy a cookout with the staff of the hotel and other customers which was a nice treat. The front desk is very accommodating as is the rest of the staff. Not an unfriendly person there! They are still renovating some of the rooms as well as the pool and hot tub but we were not there for that ~ we live locally and our home was flooded from a burst pipe so we needed a place to stay for a few days! Very convenient to the freeway, a large shopping mall is right across the street and many, many very fine restaurants are nearby. The towels are of a better quality which we really appreciated! Short and sweet ~ can't say enough nice things about this hotel!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jane D
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. Our goal is to have every guest feel welcome and comfortable while experiencing extraordinary customer service with sincerity. Your comments serve as great encouragement to our entire team. I am so happy you were able to experience our wonderful team and enjoy your visit with us. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel.
Camden, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I can over see the renovation, no jucuzzi and fitness room because the staff in the front desk were very friendly and helpful. If I remember right theres a young lady by the name KAMARIA in the front desk that was very helpful with directions and places to eat that were good place like she pointed out, the guys there were helpful too. I love that there were plenty of places to go shopping and the highway is right there.The beach is also a couple of miles away.

ANGEL L. RIVERA
(T.C.C.I.)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It’s great to hear you enjoyed our popular location and helpful and friendly staff. We are centrally located in Hampton Roads, only minutes from downtown Norfolk and Virginia Beach oceanfront, and right across the street from Greenbrier Mall. We hope to have another opportunity to provide you with a comfortable and enjoyable experience in the near future. Come back and see us again soon!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed there Sat March 16 and When checking in the young lady at the front desk told me my room wasnt ready yet which I undersatnd because I was there before check in time which is 3 but I told her how sleepy and tired I was and she made it to my room was ready then. From hosekeeping to front desk this is a really great hotel plus it's a great location

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Shanice J
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. I’m very pleased to hear you had an overall great stay here at the Comfort Suites in Chesapeake. We pride ourselves on providing every guest with a comfortable and enjoyable experience while exercising the best customer service possible. We look forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in town.
San Diego, California
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Typical Comfort Suites (in a GOOD way), Clean, Comfortable, Quiet, Friendly Staff, and a Great Location. Lots of restaurants, shopping, close to the freeway and only a few minutes from the beach. Although the hotel is currently renovating, it was still up to the standards I have come to expect from a Comfort Suites. I would definitely recommend this property.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback. I am pleased to hear we have been upholding the Comfort Suites standards and was able to meet your expectations. I will be sure to pass on the kind words regarding the comfort of the hotel and the friendliness of our staff to our entire team. Your feedback serves as great encouragement to our team. We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in town.
Chesapeake
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I will not be using the hidden hotel on Travelocity after this debacle. You get what you pay for and I would have gladly paid more to get an honestly advertised 3 star hotel. On every other reputable site this hotel is a 2 or at most a 2.5. The rugs were dirty and pulling up throughout the hotel, no Jacuzzi as advertised, exercise room under renovation, and not even a complimentary newspaper available as advertised. This place is a joke and you should only stay here if your trying to pay less than anywhere else. I certainly would have paid more for a classier place and will be more wary in the future of false advertising.

Room Tip: The best room available is at another hotel.