“A VERY FRIENDLY AND NICE PLACE TO STAY IN”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #8 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Camden, New Jersey, United States
“A VERY FRIENDLY AND NICE PLACE TO STAY IN”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I can over see the renovation, no jucuzzi and fitness room because the staff in the front desk were very friendly and helpful. If I remember right theres a young lady by the name KAMARIA in the front desk that was very helpful with directions and places to eat that were good place like she pointed out, the guys there were helpful too. I love that there were plenty of places to go shopping and the highway is right there.The beach is also a couple of miles away.

ANGEL L. RIVERA
(T.C.C.I.)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It’s great to hear you enjoyed our popular location and helpful and friendly staff. We are centrally located in Hampton Roads, only minutes from downtown Norfolk and Virginia Beach oceanfront, and right across the street from Greenbrier Mall. We hope to have another opportunity to provide you with a comfortable and enjoyable experience in the near future. Come back and see us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed there Sat March 16 and When checking in the young lady at the front desk told me my room wasnt ready yet which I undersatnd because I was there before check in time which is 3 but I told her how sleepy and tired I was and she made it to my room was ready then. From hosekeeping to front desk this is a really great hotel plus it's a great location

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Shanice J
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. I’m very pleased to hear you had an overall great stay here at the Comfort Suites in Chesapeake. We pride ourselves on providing every guest with a comfortable and enjoyable experience while exercising the best customer service possible. We look forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in town.
San Diego, California
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Typical Comfort Suites (in a GOOD way), Clean, Comfortable, Quiet, Friendly Staff, and a Great Location. Lots of restaurants, shopping, close to the freeway and only a few minutes from the beach. Although the hotel is currently renovating, it was still up to the standards I have come to expect from a Comfort Suites. I would definitely recommend this property.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback. I am pleased to hear we have been upholding the Comfort Suites standards and was able to meet your expectations. I will be sure to pass on the kind words regarding the comfort of the hotel and the friendliness of our staff to our entire team. Your feedback serves as great encouragement to our team. We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in town.
Chesapeake
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I will not be using the hidden hotel on Travelocity after this debacle. You get what you pay for and I would have gladly paid more to get an honestly advertised 3 star hotel. On every other reputable site this hotel is a 2 or at most a 2.5. The rugs were dirty and pulling up throughout the hotel, no Jacuzzi as advertised, exercise room under renovation, and not even a complimentary newspaper available as advertised. This place is a joke and you should only stay here if your trying to pay less than anywhere else. I certainly would have paid more for a classier place and will be more wary in the future of false advertising.

Room Tip: The best room available is at another hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the feedback. On behalf of the entire team, I would like to apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. We are currently going through renovations and I apologize for any inconveniences they may have caused. I hope that you will consider staying with us again after renovations have been complete so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a bit dated but is undergoing some renovations. They will not address the narrow hallways and the labyrinth of corridors that make it feel a bit cramped. The room was spacious and clean with a microwave, small refrigerator, and a flat panel TV. The staff was very courteous, friendly and eager to assist. A decent value for road warriors.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I would like to apologize for any inconveniences caused by our remodeling. I am pleased to hear you found the room and accommodations very satisfying. It’s a pleasure you were able to experience our wonderful team and found them friendly and eager to assist. If you are ever in the area again we hope to have another opportunity to provide you with superior customer service.
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This hotel is a bit of a deviation from others within the same star level: it's almost adequate.

The front desk staff is a mixed bag with respect to customer service skills, but there was only one staff member who stood out as rude. (She was on the phone having what sounded like a conversation with a friend, and she refused to wrap up her conversation quickly--even after making brief eye contact with me as I approached the front desk. Also, at one point during my stay, I asked her a question, and she gave a very sarcastic laugh before responding in a very short manner). Despite this, I do remember a very nice older lady helping me with a request at night.

The worst part of my stay was the fact that the side entrance to the hotel typically didn't work, even after switching out my key numerous times. I have to say: this was a major frustration after a long day at work. (People who are staying at a hotel for a long period of time dislike having to walk through the lobby, or take the long way to their room).

The free breakfast was pretty impressive, but the breakfast area itself was a bit cramped, and I rarely encountered a time when it wasn't swarming with people.

The rooms themselves were adequate with nice arches separating the bedroom area from the "living room" area. The cable lineup was also nice. The walls, however, were a bit thin. (I could tell when people were staying in neighboring rooms). And the beds lacked a comfort level that I've come to expect from most hotels at this star level.

Overall, this hotel ranks slightly below average.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank VABizTraveler
Karen V, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us during your visit to Chesapeake. I want to first apologize for not upholding our standard of delivering outstanding service to our guests. We strive to ensure that all of our guests have an amazing stay and I am saddened that this was not your experience. We have shared your feedback with the front desk and maintenance staff and have made corrective measures to ensure nothing like this happens with you or any other guests again. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to deliver excellent customer service during your next visit to the area.
Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Very nice hotel, not so conveniently located but not too far off the beat & path. The 1st floor seemed a lil confusing like a maze, but i finally figured the layout, out. I probably wouldn't recommend this hotel because there's so many others that are nearby that are more sophisticated & modern. I was really looking forward to getting in hot tub, but it was broken. Again, overall it is a good stay. Very nice & professional staff.

• Stayed December 2012
Karen V, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you very much for your feedback. I will be sure to pass your kind words along to our front desk staff. We are also excited to announce that we will be remodeling our guest rooms in 2013 so we hope you come back to visit once our renovations are completed. Thanks again for your stay with us!!