“Great Rates”

Ranked #6 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Tennessee
“Great Rates”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2009

We were in the area for a wedding, and wanted reasonable rates since we would be there several nights. Everything was better than expected. Only complaint was that our room was not swept the second day. Also missed having a fridge in the room, but the ice maker was close by. Was concerned that we would not get breakfast on Sunday as we had to leave around 6:30 and serving did not start till 7. What a pleasant surprise when we went down to see that the breakfast area was set up due to a marathon and many guests participating had to get up earlier than us! The front desk ladies were super nice.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
ffichesgm, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chesapeake, responded to this review, March 29, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel concerning your recent stay. We are so proud of our staff that welcomes you like family. We thank you so much for acknowledging them. We do have a lovely breakfast and clean rooms at a very competative price. I do apologize that we were unable to provide you with a refrigerator during your stay. They are very limited on our property and are assigned first come, first serve based on availablity. We hope that you will come again and enjoy Marriott's world famous hospitality.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Kissimmee, Fl.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2009

My wife and i continued to our destination the Marriott Fairfield Inn, Chesapeake, Va. Stayed there 5 nights. Hotel was convenient to shopping, movies, restaurants. Hotel was very clean.
Served complimentary breakfast each morning. The usual business/leisure property Free Internet etc. Room was spacious, bed very comfortable, Flat screen TV acted up occasionaly
regarding reception. The bathroom and seperate vanity was pretty poor. Bath was very plain, no pictures etc.. The vanity was well done granite counter and big stylish mirror. However it would have been fine for one traveler, not two or more. It was very cramped and totally inconvenient to the two of us. The staff were very nice and accomodating .

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
ffichesgm, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chesapeake, responded to this review, March 30, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel here in Chesapeake. Our hotel has had renovations that was completed in May 08. I must say we have had great reviews about the decor. There were a few issues during your stay that we have made sure we corrected in hopes that you will give our hotel another opportunity to serve you. We do empower our staff to resolve any issues promptly, in order to make your stay a more memorable one. Thank you for recognizing their accomplishments. We hope to see you in the near future.
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2009

Stayed here with my girlfriend, visiting family in Virginia Beach. I didnt want to spend 300 a night on the beach, so i paid 89 dollars a night and got everything you would get on the beach except for the sand and the water. Great location near the major interstates. We commuted everyday to go visit family on the beach and it was no problem at all. It would be faster if there was no traffic, but if you dont mind a 25 minute drive to the beach or the bay, stay here and save money. Its definately a really nice hotel for what you pay for. Newly renovated, flat screen tv, and nice roomy bathroom. I would definately do it again when I come visit family

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to place your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. As you mentioned, we are a short drive to the beach, wihout paying the high prices of beach front hotels. We are very competatively priced and a great value. Here you recieve a wonderful complimentary deluxe continental breakfast, free high speed internet, business center, outdoor pool, a fitness center and a staff whose friendliness is superior to other hotels. We hope that you will consider staying with us again, when you come back to this area. Thank you again.
Green Bay
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2009

We stayed here for one night while checking out Virginia Beach on our way to the Outer Banks. We really enjoyed our stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the location was near the highway and restaurants.

The continental breakfast had a nice selection of items to get you started and the coffee was good.

I used the fitness center and the equipment was very nice.

The pool is outdoors and very nice. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay at our hotel. We are very proud to uphold Marriott standards and make sure you had a wonderful experience. We do hope that you will consider staying with us again on your next trip to the area.
Middletown, DE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2009

Stayed here for one night during Memorial Day Weekend. The hotel was clean and the service was excellent. Breakfast buffet could use a little improvement. The hotel is in a great location with shopping and dining readily available. It is a terrific stop for all who are traveling to the Outer Banks...there is not much more to choose from after passing this hotel, just off of Route 64.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review concerning your stay here at our hotel. As you stated we are in a great location as a stop over on the way to the Outer Banks. Being the last group of hotels on Hwy 64 before exiting on Hwy 168 which is a long stretch of road without any hotels. We are priced very competitively for the awesome service and nice amenities we have to offer. We hope that you will consider stopping on your next trip through the area.
CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2008

I usually stay at the Hilton Garden Inn directly across the street - which is a nice hotel, but thought we'd give this hotel a try after enjoying another stay at a Marriott recently. This hotel was $87.00/night for the EXECUTIVE KING SUITE using my AAA card (which is about 10% off) that I booked at the Marriott website. The Hilton Garden Inn is about $120.00, which is considerably more for less room, so you can see the substantial savings here. The room was very, very nice. Clean, nicely laid out and large, contemporary style. The Executive King Suite includes a small sitting area with sofa plus a desk. Plenty of space to relax and work. Terrific lighting over the bed, plus two plasma televisions (one in bedroom area and one in sitting area), refrigerator, microwave and coffee center. Ample towels and firm bed. Good heating/cooling system. Room rates include a simple breakfast (toast, Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches, cereal, make your own waffles, yogurt, drinks, etc.) The lobby has a couple of computers to use for internet, but I did not use them, so I can't comment on the service. In addition, the front desk staff was welcoming and friendly. I used to be a faithful Hilton customer ... but I'm thinking Marriott these days. Also - this hotel is located near several very good shopping areas and very centrally located in the Cheapeake / Virginia Beach area. Highly recommended for the business traveler and would accommodate families nicely. I did note that this hotel was very handicap friendly. Large doors with button access, wide hallways, etc.

Stayed November 2008
Trenton, NJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2008

I selected this hotel because it was listed special rates for Regent University Graduates. I knew it was under construction, but I thought it would be finished. I liked the price $89 bucks for a standard room (graduation rate) and I knew with the over haul I was guaranteed at least a very clean bed and comforter.

The room meet all of my expectations. The day I arrived, the lobby door was open and lots of construction tools, dust, and chaos was going on in the lobby. The floor had been ripped up and the elevator not in service. I wanted to run, but the price kept me there. I was allowed to check in at 10:30am, which was a great surprise. My room was one of the newer ones the front desk told me, room 303. I got assistance carrying my bag up the stairs and wondered again what did I get myself into.

The room was very nice and comfy. The new carpet smells were a bit nauseating, but I managed. Just be aware if you are sensitive. There are a lot of new chemical smells in the building.
The hotel was going for a modern look and succeeded nicely. I can't imagine how long the white comforters will hold up to visitors.

My room came with a fridge, but no microwave, free internet access, and coffee maker. Nice touch. And a view of the interstate 64. Little noisey but it did not bother me. Construction noise was not heard at all on the 3rd floor. Thank goodness.

Staff was friendly, but I did not get my room made up during my 2 night stay. Continental breakfast was included. Danish, cereal, juuice, boiled eggs, and a waffle maker to make fresh waffles. I oonly had coffee and danish. Coffee was full of grounds, yucchh! But I think staff may have been in short supply. The breakfast room looked like the meeting room of the hotel. Just a couple of tables with tablecloths overthem. The pool was drained, damn! and no exercise room.

All in all, I would wait a little while longer to book this hotel. Or make sure you ask where they are in their construction plans. I can imagine it being a good value once construction its finished.

Stayed May 2008