“Great Hotel”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Chesapeake
Ranked #10 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Reviewed June 24, 2009

We stayed here for one night while checking out Virginia Beach on our way to the Outer Banks. We really enjoyed our stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the location was near the highway and restaurants.

The continental breakfast had a nice selection of items to get you started and the coffee was good.

I used the fitness center and the equipment was very nice.

The pool is outdoors and very nice. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
ffichesgm, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chesapeake, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay at our hotel. We are very proud to uphold Marriott standards and make sure you had a wonderful experience. We do hope that you will consider staying with us again on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed June 23, 2009

Stayed here for one night during Memorial Day Weekend. The hotel was clean and the service was excellent. Breakfast buffet could use a little improvement. The hotel is in a great location with shopping and dining readily available. It is a terrific stop for all who are traveling to the Outer Banks...there is not much more to choose from after passing this hotel, just off of Route 64.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review concerning your stay here at our hotel. As you stated we are in a great location as a stop over on the way to the Outer Banks. Being the last group of hotels on Hwy 64 before exiting on Hwy 168 which is a long stretch of road without any hotels. We are priced very competitively for the awesome service and nice amenities we have to offer. We hope that you will consider stopping on your next trip through the area.

Reviewed December 1, 2008

I usually stay at the Hilton Garden Inn directly across the street - which is a nice hotel, but thought we'd give this hotel a try after enjoying another stay at a Marriott recently. This hotel was $87.00/night for the EXECUTIVE KING SUITE using my AAA card (which is about 10% off) that I booked at the Marriott website. The Hilton Garden Inn is about $120.00, which is considerably more for less room, so you can see the substantial savings here. The room was very, very nice. Clean, nicely laid out and large, contemporary style. The Executive King Suite includes a small sitting area with sofa plus a desk. Plenty of space to relax and work. Terrific lighting over the bed, plus two plasma televisions (one in bedroom area and one in sitting area), refrigerator, microwave and coffee center. Ample towels and firm bed. Good heating/cooling system. Room rates include a simple breakfast (toast, Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches, cereal, make your own waffles, yogurt, drinks, etc.) The lobby has a couple of computers to use for internet, but I did not use them, so I can't comment on the service. In addition, the front desk staff was welcoming and friendly. I used to be a faithful Hilton customer ... but I'm thinking Marriott these days. Also - this hotel is located near several very good shopping areas and very centrally located in the Cheapeake / Virginia Beach area. Highly recommended for the business traveler and would accommodate families nicely. I did note that this hotel was very handicap friendly. Large doors with button access, wide hallways, etc.

Stayed: November 2008
Reviewed May 14, 2008

I selected this hotel because it was listed special rates for Regent University Graduates. I knew it was under construction, but I thought it would be finished. I liked the price $89 bucks for a standard room (graduation rate) and I knew with the over haul I was guaranteed at least a very clean bed and comforter.

The room meet all of my expectations. The day I arrived, the lobby door was open and lots of construction tools, dust, and chaos was going on in the lobby. The floor had been ripped up and the elevator not in service. I wanted to run, but the price kept me there. I was allowed to check in at 10:30am, which was a great surprise. My room was one of the newer ones the front desk told me, room 303. I got assistance carrying my bag up the stairs and wondered again what did I get myself into.

The room was very nice and comfy. The new carpet smells were a bit nauseating, but I managed. Just be aware if you are sensitive. There are a lot of new chemical smells in the building.
The hotel was going for a modern look and succeeded nicely. I can't imagine how long the white comforters will hold up to visitors.

My room came with a fridge, but no microwave, free internet access, and coffee maker. Nice touch. And a view of the interstate 64. Little noisey but it did not bother me. Construction noise was not heard at all on the 3rd floor. Thank goodness.

Staff was friendly, but I did not get my room made up during my 2 night stay. Continental breakfast was included. Danish, cereal, juuice, boiled eggs, and a waffle maker to make fresh waffles. I oonly had coffee and danish. Coffee was full of grounds, yucchh! But I think staff may have been in short supply. The breakfast room looked like the meeting room of the hotel. Just a couple of tables with tablecloths overthem. The pool was drained, damn! and no exercise room.

All in all, I would wait a little while longer to book this hotel. Or make sure you ask where they are in their construction plans. I can imagine it being a good value once construction its finished.

Stayed: May 2008
Reviewed July 2, 2007

I stayed at this hotel for one Saturday night during our trip to the Virginia Beach area. Check-in was quick and easy, even though I had forgotten my reservation number or any sort of confirmation printout. I simply told the check-in lady my last name and was given a room. There was coffee available 24/7 for guests in the lobby area which was fantastic.

We were given a room on the 3rd floor, and even though there was no elevator, had no problems getting around the hotel. The room we were given was great - nicely decorated, with a microwave and fridge (with freezer!). Everything was very clean and in fact, the hotel is 100% smoke-free. They will charge your room $250.00 if found that you were smoking in the hotel. I have to say I appreciate this as it makes the hotel feel much cleaner. There was free internet access, we brought our own laptop so was able to use it. The beds were very comfortable.

One of my favorite parts about this hotel was the free breakfast. They were very generous, giving out yogurt, juice, waffles, and you could make your own sausage, egg and cheese breakfast sandwich. They also had items such as pastries and coffee.

I also saw an outdoor pool that people were still using at 10 PM at night, and in the morning when we checked out.

The hotel is located in a suburb type area near a strip mall. The are several other hotels surrounding this hotel. There is also a Joe's Crab Shack restaurant where we enjoyed a good dinner.

All in all, a good stay. I would definitely seek this hotel out again.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank RoseVacations
Reviewed November 1, 2006

Great place for the money. Stayed at Scary Savannah Suites the first night and here the rest of the trip. Had a great breakfast, nice bedding, great staff and all day coffee. What can you say it's a Marriott product!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank withoutscreenname
Reviewed September 9, 2006

This hotel is just what you would expect from a Fairfield Inn. A very basic room. They did advertise new beds, but I found them to be the same old bed as always. At check-in they were very friendly and we request two adjoining rooms, which they gave us two room next to each other but not adjoining. They had a decent workout room and the pool was a outdoor pool small but sufficient.

The breakfast in the morning was very nice. They had belgium waffles which you prepare yourself. They had bagel, cold cereal and assorted breads with toasters. There was also breakfast sandwiches and eggs and cheese to warm in the microwave.

The bottom line is this is a good hotel to stay at if you are just passing through.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family