“Still under construction as of May 13, 2008”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Chesapeake
Ranked #8 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Trenton, NJ
“Still under construction as of May 13, 2008”
Reviewed May 14, 2008

I selected this hotel because it was listed special rates for Regent University Graduates. I knew it was under construction, but I thought it would be finished. I liked the price $89 bucks for a standard room (graduation rate) and I knew with the over haul I was guaranteed at least a very clean bed and comforter.

The room meet all of my expectations. The day I arrived, the lobby door was open and lots of construction tools, dust, and chaos was going on in the lobby. The floor had been ripped up and the elevator not in service. I wanted to run, but the price kept me there. I was allowed to check in at 10:30am, which was a great surprise. My room was one of the newer ones the front desk told me, room 303. I got assistance carrying my bag up the stairs and wondered again what did I get myself into.

The room was very nice and comfy. The new carpet smells were a bit nauseating, but I managed. Just be aware if you are sensitive. There are a lot of new chemical smells in the building.
The hotel was going for a modern look and succeeded nicely. I can't imagine how long the white comforters will hold up to visitors.

My room came with a fridge, but no microwave, free internet access, and coffee maker. Nice touch. And a view of the interstate 64. Little noisey but it did not bother me. Construction noise was not heard at all on the 3rd floor. Thank goodness.

Staff was friendly, but I did not get my room made up during my 2 night stay. Continental breakfast was included. Danish, cereal, juuice, boiled eggs, and a waffle maker to make fresh waffles. I oonly had coffee and danish. Coffee was full of grounds, yucchh! But I think staff may have been in short supply. The breakfast room looked like the meeting room of the hotel. Just a couple of tables with tablecloths overthem. The pool was drained, damn! and no exercise room.

All in all, I would wait a little while longer to book this hotel. Or make sure you ask where they are in their construction plans. I can imagine it being a good value once construction its finished.

Stayed May 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed July 2, 2007

I stayed at this hotel for one Saturday night during our trip to the Virginia Beach area. Check-in was quick and easy, even though I had forgotten my reservation number or any sort of confirmation printout. I simply told the check-in lady my last name and was given a room. There was coffee available 24/7 for guests in the lobby area which was fantastic.

We were given a room on the 3rd floor, and even though there was no elevator, had no problems getting around the hotel. The room we were given was great - nicely decorated, with a microwave and fridge (with freezer!). Everything was very clean and in fact, the hotel is 100% smoke-free. They will charge your room $250.00 if found that you were smoking in the hotel. I have to say I appreciate this as it makes the hotel feel much cleaner. There was free internet access, we brought our own laptop so was able to use it. The beds were very comfortable.

One of my favorite parts about this hotel was the free breakfast. They were very generous, giving out yogurt, juice, waffles, and you could make your own sausage, egg and cheese breakfast sandwich. They also had items such as pastries and coffee.

I also saw an outdoor pool that people were still using at 10 PM at night, and in the morning when we checked out.

The hotel is located in a suburb type area near a strip mall. The are several other hotels surrounding this hotel. There is also a Joe's Crab Shack restaurant where we enjoyed a good dinner.

All in all, a good stay. I would definitely seek this hotel out again.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — View from room (overlooked a highway) !
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank RoseVacations
VA
Reviewed November 1, 2006

Great place for the money. Stayed at Scary Savannah Suites the first night and here the rest of the trip. Had a great breakfast, nice bedding, great staff and all day coffee. What can you say it's a Marriott product!

• Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank withoutscreenname
Mount Olive, New Jersey
Reviewed September 9, 2006

This hotel is just what you would expect from a Fairfield Inn. A very basic room. They did advertise new beds, but I found them to be the same old bed as always. At check-in they were very friendly and we request two adjoining rooms, which they gave us two room next to each other but not adjoining. They had a decent workout room and the pool was a outdoor pool small but sufficient.

The breakfast in the morning was very nice. They had belgium waffles which you prepare yourself. They had bagel, cold cereal and assorted breads with toasters. There was also breakfast sandwiches and eggs and cheese to warm in the microwave.

The bottom line is this is a good hotel to stay at if you are just passing through.

• Liked — Locations
  • Disliked — The beds
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family