“Enjoyable stay”

Ranked #5 of 42 Hotels in Chesapeake
Wilson
“Enjoyable stay”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Fairfield Chesapeake. The staff was very warm and friendly. The room was clean and comfortable; however,the noise from the highway was loud and bothersome in room 300 which is at the end of the hall. Make sure you're not on the highway side of the hotel !!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Make sure you're not on the highway side of the hotel !!!!!!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed September 6, 2012

This Fairfield Inn provided a warm reception and efficient check-in. The rom was spacious for the price and probably could have had two more chairs. It was convenient to I64. They have the requisite pool and exercise room. Neither is huge but they are usable. The place was clean and decorated nicely. The morning breakfast was the normal Fairfield offering. It's not great but it's certainly not bad. All in all it was a pleasant overnight stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rockhound94
WNY, NJ
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We just came back from a wonderful labor day weekend in Virginia beach. We decided to stay at the Fairfield for the weekend. We arrived late in the evening on Friday and received such a wonderful welcome from the staff. They quickly check us in and wished us a pleasant night.

We stayed in room 133; King Size bed. the bed was extremely comfortable and the pillows delightful. The room was very nice and spacious. The hotel was very quiet and we slept very comfortably all night. Complimentary breakfast was served until 10am. It consisted of the typical basic items, waffle machine, cereal, pastries, bagels, coffee, and breakfast sandwiches. The service was great and friendly. Everyone said hello and good morning. The only thing I didn't like was that the breakfast on Sundays should be extended until 11:00 am, we missed the 10am, but it was no big deal as we found the cracker barrel down the street.

the hotel overall is nice and has a homey feeling. In the evenings they have cookies and lemonade for you upon arrival.. such a great little treat.

This hotel is in a great location. Only minutes away from the main highway that takes you to Virginia beach which depending on traffic is about 35- 40 minutes away... In Virginia Beach be prepared to pay for parking depending on the day and event..... We paid $ 20.00. There is another beach we visited, Sandbridge which is beautiful and it about 50 minutes away. The drive is very pleasant; however, bring food as there is nothing at the beach for you to buy to eat or drink.

The hotel is nestled in this area where there is an abundance of restaurants, coffee shops, retail stores, Target, Walmart, Pharmacy, movie theater, arcade, and across the way is the mall. There is something for everyone within a few minutes.

We tried the Cracker barrel, not impressed, we've had better down in Florida. The Geisha Hibachi was awesome, Panera breads was great.. We wanted to try Golden Corral as we don't have this back home... huge disappointment...... But overall, we had a great experience.

I cant say it enough, the staff in this hotel was extremely friendly. I will definitely return next year. Only 2 things, if I may, one is the mirror location in the room is a bit off, I had a hard time applying my make-up as is a bit far.. please see the pictures... also, the bathtub had a little corrosion; however, please know it was very clean.......

The room also has a small fridge and I saw in another room a microwave. We didn't have the microwave.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I was in down for the Rock and Roll Half Marathon on 9/2 and I couldn't find a place to stay in VA Beach for Saturday night. My husband booked this hotel and my girlfriend and I were quite pleased with everything. Princess, the Receptionist, was an absolute charm with helping me with directions even getting to the hotel (Map Quest left off a road), my room was ready early, my check-in was easy, the room was spotless and fully equipped with everything we needed including very comfortable beds. We didn't get an opportunity to take advantage of the breakfast, but coffee was ready even at 4:30am. Sunday morning staff were just was as friendly! I would highly recommend this hotel and I will be staying here again. Thank you for making our race weekend so successful!!! Whatever you are doing...keep up the great work!!!!

Room Tip: We choose a higher room only because we had a half marathon to do the next morning and wanted to get...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Waldorf, Maryland
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed here for our 3 nights during our weekend getaway for Labor Day. Everything close to VA Beach was expensive. The price was just right at this hotel. This property is 30 min. from the beach and a nice comfortable place to stay. The rooms were clean, beds were very cozy, staff was very nice, 24 hour vending and they also have complimentary breakfast during the stay. I would definitely stay here again.

1 Thank Bonnieboop1
CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA
Reviewed September 4, 2012

If you compare the room prices in the immediate area, the Fairfield comes up consistently with the best price for a clean place to stay. I've stayed at this hotel numerous times and it's consistent, which is important to me. Staff is VERY accommodating and friendly. Always a welcoming greeting without attitude. I get the feeling it's one big happy family running this place. Rooms are clean, but I'm not crazy about the airconditioning/heating system. It's the older version that is manually operated below the window. Don't get me wrong, because it definitely works - but it's one of those blower types. Some guests may be offput by this, but it worked for me. FREE WI-FI that delivers a strong signal. There is also a business area in the lobby with access to computers and printers if you don't bring your own laptop. Many nearby restaurants and shopping and very convenient location to the freeway. Complimentary self-serve breakfast offers plenty of options (egg & ham sandwiches, oatmeal, Belgium waffle maker, bagels and breads, coffee, juice, yogurt, sweet rolls, etc.) ... if you want a full-service breakfast, there's a Cracker Barrell within walking distance.

Herndon, Virginia
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We booked two nights to go to Virginia Beach but ended up staying 3 nights because the hotel was so nice. The hotel staffs were very friendly and helpful. Their complimentary breakfast was much better than we expected. Dining hall for breakfast was nicely decorated and clean.
Beds were nicely firm and the room was clean. Only problem we had was that the bathroom door lock did not work. We did not report it to the front service because we were going to stay just two nights.
The hotel was located next to shopping centers and across from a mall. Lots of restaurants and entertainments were near by.
We enjoyed Manager's social on Tuesday night. A professional chef set up a stir-fry cooking station in the lobby and cooked delicious stir-fry the way you wanted right in front of you.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to my family and friends.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family